Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

National Wear Your Apron Day (Moo site holds 2009 contest)

Posted by kidlesskim 
National Wear Your Apron Day (Moo site holds 2009 contest)
January 26, 2009
:gross mommylife.net holds an annual, "Wear Your Apron Day" (winner TBA Feb.1) and they pick a winner based on submitted pictures and anecdotal "Apron Stories". More than you would ever want to know about their unnatural, domesticated, and near spiritual attachment to aprons can be found at this site. They have all of the submitted photos posted (past and present) and while I didn't look at all of them, #16 probably has the fugliest women pictured and #13 has the most appropriate apron which has a COW stitched into it. There's a charming "blueberry muffin" apron (#14) pictured which is worn by a 20 y/o looking girl with a sweet story of serving blueberry muffins while wearing it to her FIVE kyds. Then she lets the cat out of the bag that the apron is "hiding" #6.eye rolling smiley Below are some precious little excerpts from their Apron Memoirs, among the many many MANY apron stories.

http://mommylife.net/archives/2008/12/apron_power_200.html

(half of them featured in the slide show are knocked up)

"Aprons mean service. They mean giving and being receptive to the needs of those we love, especially in our home but also in our communities, at our churches. . . .
After your funeral, do you think your granddaughter will bury her face in your professional looking briefcase or in your treasured apron? When a woman puts on an apron, it makes no less of a statement than a fine leather briefcase. It announces she is on duty to be receptive to whatever happens in her home and everyone that encompasses. And that is a wider sphere of influence than many would allow. . .

An apron is like a uniform that conveys authority and unconditional regard and motherly wisdom all at once. Who said aprons are just about cooking and cleaning? They are also about emotional availability, hospitality, and femininity. They state in clearest terms that to serve is to reign.

There is an apron renaissance going on out there and much of it is recorded on the internet. Women everywhere are taking pictures of their aprons and posting them on certain blogs. . . "eye rolling smiley

"This quote put in a nutshell for me what being a stay-at-home mom is all about. And better yet, we get a uniform to wear while we serve our families! We have our aprons!

"An apron is like a uniform," Virginia said seriously. Sarah's mouth formed a little O. "You know, like a nurse wears a white dress and shoes. When I put my apron on, it's my way of telling you that everything I do around here is for you because I love you."

"Like you're working for me? But I'm not the boss of you. Am I?" Her voice sounded almost hopeful.

Virginia laughed. "No, but when I'm washing dishes or making a meal or cleaning the house, I think about you and how much pleasure you'll have in eating a good meal or living in a peaceful, clean house. You're why I do all this. Because I love you, I spend my days serving you. There's no greater way to show love than to serve....." moo with baybeem

"...Yes, I actually am trying to help us all understand what a privileged position we find ourselves in as moms - as I wrote in Every Mother's a Working Mother. As I go about my own daily stuff serving others I think of Jesus pouring out his life as a servant for others.

Specifically - and this may sound weird - but when I have to do anything at which I feel the slightest resistance or balking or loathing, as in stripping a wet bed or washing out poopy pants - I remind myself of how Christ served. How he knelt at the feet of his disciples and took off their sandals to bathe their dirty, dust feet before sharing his last meal with them.

Then I count it a privilege to have the opportunity to serve others in a way the world regards as lowly.......

My favorite image in the Bible is Mary breaking her alabaster jar to pour the expensive fragrance over Jesus. Yes, my stooping over the toilet may not present as beautiful a picture, and yet in my spirit I can use my humble offering to honor Jesus in the same spirit she did - giving everything I have - not just the works of my hands, but my whole attitude - to honor him........

......I actually think that we have an opportunity like no other occupation to live a life which can lead us straight to the heart of Christ. The more we discipline ourselves to put our selfishness aside and live for others, the more true joy we'll find. No, the world does not understand the message of self-sacrifice, but truly, when it comes to growing spiritually, that's where it's at.........

That's really what taking back the apron is all about!.....":fmbl

shrug I find the last comment I posted rather disturbing with the comparison that changing urine soaked sheets, washing out shitty diapers/pants, and cleaning toilets, to be anything even remotely similar to the life works of Jesus..:crz These women seem to place themselves in the same category as the son of God and in no other "occupation" as they call it, would this be considered anything but delusional and/or blasphemous. I wonder if they share their delusions of grandeur and feelings of superiority with others or just among themselves?confused smiley
Re: National Wear Your Apron Day (Moo site holds 2009 contest)
January 26, 2009
Well, they're spewing this bullshit on the net. This is more of the "Handmaid's Tale"-like direction these nutcases seem to be heading. Yeah I agree that it is delusional/blasphemous to compare oneself to Jesus if one is a fundie, which I'm sure most of these cows are. They want attention for every goddamned thing they do--this is more of the same.

I'm glad there is more to my life than bullshit like this.
January 26, 2009
well i have an apron for them

its from series 2 of league of gentlemen

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 26, 2009
Ha!--Mercurior! bouncing and laughing

Jesus was smart enough not to breed, as I never tire of pointing out, and I'll take a leper over a disgusting mess in the sheets any day.

It's astounding, the lengths that some SAHMS will go to to excuse away their unemployability and lack of any skills or talent. But the emperor has no apron!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login