Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Kids Can't Watch TV

Posted by annie35 
My Kids Can't Watch TV
January 27, 2009
We are in the middle of an ice storm, last night my neighbor came over to ask that if the power goes out, can her family come to our house. We have a generator and will be the only people with power. We also heat with a wood burning furnace and have a fireplace , so the house will be warm. Well as we continue to talk, she says I am so glad they will be able to watch TV to keep them occupied if we lose power. I had to correct her, there will be no TV watching, the generator is to give us light, access to a radio, and heat to cook. It is not to watch cartoons. There will be numerous people here from the neighborhood if we lose power, and the last thing on my mind will be making sure her shitlings can watch TV.
I don't think she understands the severity of no power and elderly people. She is more concerned with her kids staying out of her hair, than pulling together and making sure all of our neighbors are safe, warm, and fed.
I don't think breeders even realize how selfish and tunnel visioned they are.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
The Phan
Re: My Kids Can't Watch TV
January 27, 2009
"Here's a book. There's your flashlight. Now YOU can entertain YOUR children like every other good parent!"
January 27, 2009
Annie, you are very kind to help out your neighbors in this way.

This is a perfect illustration of how clueless some people can be--you're worried about the safety of elderly people, she's worried about how her kids will be entertained.

Neighbor is selfish, you are selfless.
Kudos, Annie.
Anonymous User
January 27, 2009
The Phan
"Here's a book. There's your flashlight. Now YOU can entertain YOUR children like every other good parent!"

That would work if her brats knew how to read, or what a book is. Let's not forget that, nowadays, children only know how to operate Playstations, XBOXes, IPOD's (or other expensive equipment moomie and duhdie buy them because "they deserve everything and more than that") and the remote control to watch the bloody Disney Channel or something worse.
Something similar happens during school holidays every year, all breeders in the country start moaning: "What are we going to do with them at hoooome?". Fucking breeders...
Good answer annie35 Thank you
January 27, 2009
We are on a different substation from the rest of the neighborhood and while the neighbors will call and snark at us (in fun) for being up and running, they have never tried this shit. We don't even have tv anymore- we use the set to watch Netflix. All the breeders I know have flatly stated we could never do that with children.
January 27, 2009
God forbid the kids play a board game with the elderly folk you're sheltering, who could likely teach the kidlets a thing or two, or read a book while they're safe and warm thanks to your compassion and generosity.
January 27, 2009
Annie, you should be careful if you invite that breeder herd to your place if there is a power loss. Even if you unplug all the unneccesary appliances (a good idea because even while turned off they sometimes draw a little power), might they try to plug them back in to use them in another room? And you may not want to move them to a hidden place to prevent them from being used.
January 27, 2009
You are FAR more generous than I would be with this cow. To my mind, it would be "tough shit." I would be more worried about the elderly or disabled.

This reminds me of when our power went our for a FEW HOURS once. Our breeder neighbor guy offered for us to plug our TV into their generator. It was nice of him to offer, but it wasn't a big deal, and besides, there would be many other things I'd worry about before TV, such as heat (it wasn't too cold at the time though) and the food in the fridge. What really got me was that there really is no need for anyone to have a generator around here. We don't live in the sticks....we are in the city with extremely reliable power. It almost never goes out.

Also, Moo and Duhd could have used the power outage as a chance to teach their kids to entertain themselves WITHOUT TV or video games, and to explain to them that this was but a TINY taste of what life was like before such luxuries as electricity AND that this is how much of the world lives ALL THE TIME. But no...gotta fire up the generator the nanosecond the power goes out so that the brats can watch Spongebob (or whatever the fuck is all the rage now).

Spoiled, pansified wusses....all of them!
The Phan
January 27, 2009
CAPTCHA: KkKUv

RE: Sitting in the dark/no tv/no electricity....

Anyone else here that when they were a kid looked FORWARD to power outages? What a wonderful way to learn how to pretend what it was like without electricity. It required a bit of, you know, imagination, but we did just fine. AND! We got to use candles. Candles were cool because "back in my day", the scented candle rage wasn't what it was now and people just didn't burn candles, except for maybe some tapers at a nice dinner or holiday spread.
January 27, 2009
i remember the winter of discontent here. no power at all, it was dark no light, no radio, we had candles. this was during the winter, so very cold,

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 27, 2009
The Phan

Anyone else here that when they were a kid looked FORWARD to power outages? What a wonderful way to learn how to pretend what it was like without electricity. It required a bit of, you know, imagination, but we did just fine. AND! We got to use candles. Candles were cool because "back in my day", the scented candle rage wasn't what it was now and people just didn't burn candles, except for maybe some tapers at a nice dinner or holiday spread.

YES!!!!!!

I was just about to post this. I LOVED when the power went out. I would get to follow my mom and dad around the house with the flashlight and "help" light the candles. Then we would just sit around and talk about stuff. It was great. A little part of me still gets excited every time the power flickers.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
January 27, 2009
You're a brave girl, Annie, dear. No way in hell would I have the fucking neighbors over, well except the people aside of us. Everybody else has kids and I'd be damned if they'd be stepping foot in my house.
January 27, 2009
This is BY FAR one of the most selfish and ignorant things I have ever heard in all of my life. Does this woman not understand the concept of a generator as something which generally has a finite amount and time of backup power? I would be DAMNED if anything expect heat, minimal cooking, cold food storage, access to weather info if necessary, minimal lighting for safety purposes, and possibly a shower here and there if the outage was long enough, was allowed. For her to even THINK "cartoons" to baybee sit her kids is the HEIGHT of inconsideration. How did she react when you told her NO CARTOONS or TV would be allowed?confused smiley
January 27, 2009
LoveToLurk
The Phan

YES!!!!!!

I was just about to post this. I LOVED when the power went out. I would get to follow my mom and dad around the house with the flashlight and "help" light the candles. Then we would just sit around and talk about stuff. It was great. A little part of me still gets excited every time the power flickers.

Count me in on this club, brief power outages rock!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 27, 2009
Loved the power outages!!! We had a heavy old multi-band radio that ran on eight D batteries or something ridiculous like that. Out it came, so that weather reports (and maybe the hockey game!) could go on across the evening.

Tell moo-face neighbour that if she wants telly for her brats during the outage, they'll have to unplug Mrs Miggins's iron lung machine which will be running off the generator too. They can't have telly AND Mrs. Miggins.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
January 27, 2009
If her kidlets need cartoons that badly, she can go buy one of those portable DVD players that runs on batteries or off a car's power supply. Fire up the car, turn on the heat, give the kiddies their Fruit-Roll-Ups and let them watch Spongebob in their car seats. She's got some balls asking that of you.
January 27, 2009
One more member of the (brief) power outage fan club!

Our service is extremely reliable but during one ice storm several years ago it was out for 2 days. No big deal! I have a gas stove, so cooking was fine; water was still available (and I kept it dripping so the pipes wouldn't freeze) and I had a lovely 2 nights of peace and serenity reading next to a big plate stuck with 4 candles! It was so quiet and serene! And meditative. Like a little vacation. Nice little change of perspective from the everyday din.
January 27, 2009
same here, love the still, and you can see the stars..

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
January 27, 2009
We seem to lose power for a few days every summer, and sometimes in the winter. We live in a very wooded area and our lines are above ground. Annie, you are really generous to share your home. I don't think I could handle any breeders in my house.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
January 27, 2009
not as much fun in summer.. in winter bliss

January 28, 2009
We got lucky, we only lost power for a couple of hours and no neighbors needed to come over.
Breeder gal who quickly discovered no cartoons for her shitlings, if the power did get worse, has decided I am a total bitch.She told the neighbor across the street, that I snapped at her during our discussion about what if the power went out. The neighbor told her to stop complaining, that we are the only people with the capabilties to have power in an emergency and pissing us off, isn't the smartest move and also that we do not have to be so nice.
Of course her little shits were throwing ice balls last night and hit the neighbors car and did some damage, so now she is on the shit list.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
January 28, 2009
Well, if it were me, next time there's a weather situation, ungrateful neighbor woman would be completely on her own.
While if I wonder if this dolt would even make the connection, one can always hope.
January 28, 2009
annie35
Of course her little shits were throwing ice balls last night and hit the neighbors car and did some damage, so now she is on the shit list.

Oh well there you go then...at least they CAN do something other than watch TV. I mean it's property damage, but still, it's not watching TV.

I'm surprised she didn't send them out to throw ice balls at your car, since you're such an evil bitch for denying them tv in a power outage. Or maybe she did, and they just screwed up....

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
January 28, 2009
Feh
annie35

Oh well there you go then...at least they CAN do something other than watch TV. I mean it's property damage, but still, it's not watching TV.

I'm surprised she didn't send them out to throw ice balls at your car, since you're such an evil bitch for denying them tv in a power outage. Or maybe she did, and they just screwed up....

Unlike her, my garage is not full of kid crap and my car fits nicely into the garage.
The nighbor doesn't have a garage and those little shits threw ice balls right at the car.
I got even for the neighbor, I piled snow and ice in front of their mailbox when removing snow from the drive.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login