Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why do Green zealots think they can dictate how many children we are allowed to have?

Posted by Anonymous User 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1133682/Melanie-Phillips-Why-Green-zealots-think-dictate-children-allowed-have.html

It's people like this who will precipitate the end of all life by adding too much.
What a hysterical and poorly reasoned article. Couple of Godwins in there, for good measure. Did they pay her for this tripe? I don't get a positive impression of the Daily Mail (not knowing really how respected a paper it is) from reading such rubbish.
its melanie phillips, i dont need to see the article

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
its human instinct to kill all threats.. do we kill all strangers...just because its a instinct doesnt mean we have to follow what it says

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sex is humanity's strongest instinct, NOT reproduction.

That's what makes people want to copulate regardless of whether or not it results in sperm meeting egg. If it was all about reproduction, we wouldn't have homosexual people. We also wouldn't have post-50 year olds or people who shoot blanks or don't ovulate having sex. The instinct to reproduce is more associated with extreme self-regard and the desire to fit in and be admired. Reproductive desire is a result of the social aspects of humans, not their immediate and hard-wired instincts which is the desire for sex. I've read Desmond Morris's book The Naked Ape. It's a book that breeders and child-centric kiddie-fans hate, because it reduces their speshul magik to nothing more than by-products of the rutting season.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
Amethyst
Sex is humanity's strongest instinct, NOT reproduction.

That's what makes people want to copulate regardless of whether or not it results in sperm meeting egg. If it was all about reproduction, we wouldn't have homosexual people. We also wouldn't have post-50 year olds or people who shoot blanks or don't ovulate having sex. The instinct to reproduce is more associated with extreme self-regard and the desire to fit in and be admired. Reproductive desire is a result of the social aspects of humans, not their immediate and hard-wired instincts which is the desire for sex. I've read Desmond Morris's book The Naked Ape. It's a book that breeders and child-centric kiddie-fans hate, because it reduces their speshul magik to nothing more than by-products of the rutting season.

I had never thought of it in that light, but it does make sense. I would have guessed that the instinct to survive as an individual would have been the strongest instinct overall and then a close second would have been familial/group survival. I know that is often challenged when people choose to save another person when it obviously puts their life in peril, or sometimes they even know that they will die if they attempt to save someone else, but they do it anyway. I agree though that between reproduction and sexual instincts that sex is way up on the list where reproductive instincts are proably not even a close second. I seriously doubt that anyone who is getting hot and heavy with a new lover would be instinctually thinking, "I have GOT to spawn!", although nothing would surprise me with some of these oopsie women. Even then though, the instinct isn't for self replicating, but rather it's based on a selfish motive for attention, presents/gifts, and special accomodations more than any instinct to carry on the human race.
maslows heirarchy of needs

family is only 2 or 3 in the list

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login