Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Freedom of Speech and all that happy-crap

Posted by SlumSlut 
Freedom of Speech and all that happy-crap
February 03, 2009
I hate to sound like a jerk, and I know everyone is going to crawl up my ass for saying this, BUT...

Do we REALLY need to start a NEW THREAD every time some tabloid or talk-show writes THE SAME STUFF about the Octo-mawm?

Why can't we just have one thread (OK - Mercurior can have one thread to post all the UK articles on this story and the rest of us will share one other thread) and keep adding to it? So far I have counted at least 5 threads on this topic.

Now let the flames begin...:flaming

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Re: Freedom of Speech and all that happy-crap
February 03, 2009
Ok, but when it scrolls past into page 2 or 3....
and I'm NOT gonna crawl there...

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
February 03, 2009
seconding PP.
February 03, 2009
twocents
Ok, but when it scrolls past into page 2 or 3....

The reason they scroll off page 1 is because a new one gets started for every 3 or 4 messages.

I do that too, I tend to stay on page 1 unless it's something really interesting and I go looking for it, or if it's really busy and threads from the same day are already on page 2.

I remember when I watched Survivor All-Stars (Season 8) when I was laid off, and I joined the USENET group. There was a list going around of what order the contestants would get voted off, and every time someone found the list, they would start a new thread about it on the newsgroup. Good thing I found a job right away...

"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

February 03, 2009
Ditto for only looking at page 1.
February 03, 2009
We don't have to scroll through the pages because we can just click on the "new message" flag on the topic index page and go straight to any new posts that we haven't read and skip all of the other stuff that we have already seen. Really though, I am a fencesitter on it because I will look at all of the new stuff whether it's on the 4th page of an older thread or it's the first post on a new topic.tongue sticking out smiley
February 03, 2009
kidlesskim
We don't have to scroll through the pages because we can just click on the "new message" flag on the topic index page and go straight to any new posts that we haven't read and skip all of the other stuff that we have already seen.

We meant the first page of thread topics, not the first page of messages within a topic.

February 03, 2009
poofy_puff
kidlesskim
We don't have to scroll through the pages because we can just click on the "new message" flag on the topic index page and go straight to any new posts that we haven't read and skip all of the other stuff that we have already seen.

We meant the first page of thread topics, not the first page of messages within a topic.

Oh, ok, What do you have against looking on the second page?tongue sticking out smiley
February 03, 2009
Octo-Mom sucks. Another drain on Mother Earth.
February 03, 2009
it seems that the uk appears to have more of the facts in a sort of "its them wacky americans again" way.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 03, 2009
kidlesskim
poofy_puff
kidlesskim

Oh, ok, What do you have against looking on the second page?

I don't have anything against it. I just tend not to look there. That isn't what I was talking about in the OP. It was in response to something two cents said. Go back and re-read the previous messages if you need a refresher.

February 03, 2009
mercurior
it seems that the uk appears to have more of the facts in a sort of "its them wacky americans again" way.

And Americans have more of the "facts" on you wacky Brits. Just because someone prints something or says it on the news makes it a "fact", and the more times someone copies and pastes it on the internetz, the more "true" it becomes.

February 03, 2009
I'm just sick of hearing about Octosow.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login