Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How does one mean three?

Posted by Feh 
How does one mean three?
February 03, 2009
My husband had a Superbowl party on Sunday and invited as many of his friends as would fit in our meager entertainment space. We can manage about 6 people. 5 showed up and one asked if her friend Jason could come over. DH said sure and we got out an extra chair. Minutes later our doorbell rings and I get up to answer only to find Jason, his wife AND their three year old.

Not wanting to further enhance my reputation as a bitch, I grimaced and invited them all in, expecting the worst. Fortunately, there really wasn't any room available for the child to get away from adults as we were in a pretty tightly packed ring around the tv, so he was only able to wander around the meager free space between us and the tv. He didn't knock over any drinks. He was quiet and gentle with the cat. I didn't want him to get bored and start screaming so I did pull out the few things I own that won't injure, poison or choke a three year old: a large sparkle ball cat toy, a stuffed rabbit, some wacky hats and a stuffed plush penis. His mother seemed amused at my lame attempt at toys, and especially Fuzzy Black Cock (that's the penis's name) but she's Dutch and therefore sane. She even fed the child a bowl of our spicy chili, and he ate it. We made many jokes about the next morning's horrific diaper, but other than that pretty much ignored the kid. After a couple hours, she decided to take the boy home while Jason finished watching the game.

So this is actually a rather boring story. Nothing horrible, or even slightly annoying happened, at least once I got over my consternation about two unexpected and uninvited guests. I'm just wondering...who the hell asks "Can I come to the party in your incredibly small dwelling?" and then brings two other people without asking?

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
Re: How does one mean three?
February 03, 2009
Someone who doesn't think of others and ASSumes every human being loves kids and just can't wait to play with them.
February 03, 2009
They got off on the wrong foot, but no harm done and a good time was had by all (you know I appreciate the fuzzy penis!). Kyd seen and not heard.

In the future, you will ask this question if you ever find yourself in a similar situation. "Is it just [him] or will he be bringing others?"

CAPTCHA = 4duUE

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
February 03, 2009
Yeah, that's a bit rude, but probably a case of the friend thinking "the more the merrier." Next time you have a party it should be made clear to any invited person who asks to bring a friend that your home is very small and clarify that one means one guest, not one family.
February 03, 2009
Ask someone over and he/she'll drag along his/her parasites fambly, too.eye rolling smiley
February 03, 2009
You pulled out the FUZZY PENIS. I love it... I wish I had a fuzzy penis... Uhm...toy.
Anonymous User
February 04, 2009
Apparently some people do not know the meaning of "having good manners". I hate when people appear without telling me in advance, just imagine if they bring wife and brat unexpectedly... :sbx
If you cannot leave you fambly at home, stay at home with them -anyway, that is what breeders are selling us the whole time- because assuming that a whole group of adults will love Junior can be a huge mistake...hysterical laughterz
February 04, 2009
That reminds me of one young couple with a kyd and the guy was friends with my husband LONG before the ball and chain signed on. That poor guy couldn't (or wouldn't) go ANYWHERE without her because if he did then she would let her imagination run wild and the green eyed monstor would rear it's ugly head. This didn't change after she popped one out almost overnight either. She brought that kyd to get togethers like you mentioned where she and the kyd were not invited, softball practice, to the gym when he worked out (she'd just sit there in the waiting area, baybee in tow) to sports bars, outdoor concerts, even to "guy only" things too like fishing gigs, target practice sessions, etc......Like this one though, she often left after a short time and when I witnessed it I got the feeling that she had only tagged along to verify his "story" and check everything out to make sure he wasn't cheating on her.eye rolling smiley

This may not have been the same thing but it reminds me of it. At any rate, it's the height of rudeness to bring a small child to a get together unless they are clearly invited, IMO. I am glad that in this case that it didn't turn out as badly as it could have.
February 04, 2009
Despite the unpleasant surprise you had, I'm glad it turned out well.
February 04, 2009
Well, they are moving back to Holland this summer, soooo I guess they'll just have to offer me a free nights lodging whenever I get the chance to visit that country since I was such a good hostess. HA!

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login