Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CNN Article- My Biological Clock Is Broken

Posted by annie35 
CNN Article- My Biological Clock Is Broken
February 04, 2009
http://www.cnn.com/2009/LIVING/personal/02/04/biological.clock.broken/index.html

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
Sounds like it could have been written by one of us.

I like how she relates she thinks parunts say it's great because they want to recruit more boobs into their same misery.
Re: CNN Article- My Biological Clock Is Broken
February 04, 2009
CF Uter
Sounds like it could have been written by one of us.

I like how she relates she thinks parunts say it's great because they want to recruit more boobs into their same misery.

I checked out her site, click on the Frisky in the article. She has a blog posted about a woman who is cheating, to find a new dad for her kids. She wants to leve her current husband, but not until she finds a new daddy.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
February 04, 2009
FTA:

"But it's great!" we're told by new parents. Amazing. "Best thing that ever happened to me," they say.

Sure, they have to say that -- to recruit more new parents into the club, so they have someone to talk to about their kids."

Breeding: the big lie.
February 04, 2009

I checked out her site, click on the Frisky in the article. She has a blog posted about a woman who is cheating, to find a new dad for her kids. She wants to leve her current husband, but not until she finds a new daddy.

Yes, I had to read that, too. What a sad, sad woman who has to breed and spread her dispicable ways. Thanks, bitch.

Cute article. Pointing out yet again what a fallacy the LifeScript(tm) is.
Have any of you ever read I'm OK, You're a Brat by Susan Jeffries (sp?) . The woman , a mother, describes how she and her husband were fence sitters about having kids before they finally had one. She describes how miserable she was in the first few months of the new baby's life, and how she confronted the parents who had urged her and her husband to have children. And they laughed at her and admitted to lying about how great being a parent was , because they didn't like seeing them "not suffering, too". I am pretty sure that's exactly how one of the laughing parents put it.

She also described (via letters she'd received from people while doing research for the eventual book)a resentful mother who had quit her job to be a SAHM chasing her toddler with a vaccuum cleaner, and another couple who were so miserable after having a baby that the only reason they didn't split up is that each was afraid s/he'd get stuck with the baby.

Read the book-it's probably available cheap in used on amazon, and it's great ammo against bingoers, since the author is a mom, not a CF/CL person.
February 04, 2009
and these women make it hard for any man to trust any woman. and then she would wonder why men arent interested?

(the frisky part )

i have that book as an audio tape.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
What's it like on audio? It's been quite a few years since I've read it, but the stories she told stuck with me-and I felt vindicated when I read about the laughing parents. we claim that they're just bitter and trying to trap others too-but to have a PARENT confirm it-! Sweet!
February 04, 2009
yes i have it on audio tape, somewhere.. a proper audio tape proper produced audio book wink

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Im-Youre-Brat-Susan-Jeffers/dp/1840321709/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233777340&sr=8-1

this is the american link

http://www.amazon.com/Im-Youre-Brat-Susan-Jeffers/dp/1840321709/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1233777398&sr=8-1

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 04, 2009
Ha! Sounds like an excellent book, I need to head on over to Amazon to see if they have it.
February 04, 2009
I just ordered one. I NEED it. thx, mimi.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login