Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Delayed" Adulthood

Posted by india_darshan 
"Delayed" Adulthood
May 03, 2006
I admit it...I am a Sopranos fan! AJ, who is Tony Soprano's son, is a spoiled brat. He barely got through high school. Dad was ready to ship him off to military school while Moo Carmela cried about losing her "poor baby". Now, AJ is a young adult. He actually flunked out of community college, can barely actually work his job at Blockbuster, and expects his parents to give him money while he sits at home.

The show shrink says that today's young people face a delayed adulthood due to information overload. What a bunch of shi-ite....if you know what I mean! Every generation has had more choices and "information" than the previous generation. Perhaps, today's coddled youth should go through a horrible Depression as my late-grandmother whose father went from riches-to-rags after the stock market fell.

Sorry to start with the violin strings but my grandma turned down college by her rich uncle because she felt it was her responsibility to work to support her parents and little brother after high school. Grandma had won the short-hand contest to get that much coveted job since there were not many of those to go around. Yet, today's overgrown children can barely get to a job because of feeling so overwhelmed? How about my grandmother's generation being "overwhelmed" because so many people had very little to eat?

Sorry to go on a tear so early in the a.m. At least, I have my cup of java...

drinking coffee
Ranter
Re: "Delayed" Adulthood
May 03, 2006
Definitly overly spoiled rotten.
Anonymous User
May 03, 2006
I know India. My maternal great-grandfather was lucky enought to have a job in a silk factory,as a janitor. He fed everybody, including his married son and his wife, who could not find work.
I was looking through People magazine and this woman bought a bunch of battery operated radios for these kids in Africa. Why? They had no other way to know what the weather was going to be like, what sort of shit might be going down in the next country,etc. It kept them company too while they hoed the garden for their food.

Also do you guys remember hearing about the lost boys of Sudan? Real bad stuff, parents killed in front of them,sisters sold into slavery etc. Anyways, a bunch of them came over here to be adopted. Two brothers were wondering where all the cows were: milk in the store,but no cows(their culture revolves around cows) So a farmer in New Hampshire invited them up to his place. They were so happy! It was in a dairy magazine called Hoards Dairyman. Anyways my point is these spoiled little fucks have no idea what real pain and struggle is.
They should spend a summer working in a refugee camp.(Like those stupid shits Victoria Gottis' little monsters, remember them?)
Sherz
May 03, 2006
I tried to forget about the Gotti darlings. I watched that show once. What a bunch of little assholes!
Ranter
May 03, 2006
They probaly never worked a day in their life...
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 04, 2006
Is anyone else here perplexed by the thought that childed beings think the Childfree are immature and don't want to grow up? I don't understand that thought process.

The Childfree are full time employees, earning money to put food over their OWN heads, have entire households to run AFTER putting in a full day at work, they feed themselves, sometimes family members living with them and pets, etc., belong to more organizations and volunteer for causes more often than childed beings, childfree run our own financial portfolios, and take care of our own things, etc.

Yet moos who stay home often don't do all of the things we do and they claim to be the "grown ups?" They have a walking wallet to support them and don't have to leave the house. They (most times) do a shitty job of pahrunting and can't function outside of the realm of their coccoons. They depend on a man for everything. How is this not immature?
May 04, 2006
I totally agree, KFLL! Apparently, one's "grown-upness" is in direct proportion to the number of loaves they shit out. Idiot moos.
Ranter
May 04, 2006
Actually, being childfree is mature, and grown up. The childed don't want to admit they fucked up somewhere. SAHM is the biggest joke I have ever heard. So many of those moo's spend all day watching t.v. and nothing else. And if their kid acts up, instead of disiplining it, they will just yell at the kid. Instead of actually cooking a meal, they will just go out to eat at places like McShitdees. Lazy ass moo's. So lame.
Sherz
May 05, 2006
If shitting out a loaf makes you an adult, then the 19 year old I saw at my doctor's office yesterday with four snot monkey's must be comparable middle age already on the "grown-up, maturity scale." Apparently, yelling things to a child like, "Git over here you dumbass!" and "Yer such a clumsy dork!" will make me more mature. Damn, this is what I've been doing wrong all along, I'll never grow up if I don't start verbally abusing people.
Ranter
May 05, 2006
What a mess.
May 06, 2006
Sharon J., people like your great-grandfather are now a rarity. Most of today's young adults would not lift a finger to help family members should another Depression hit. God...today's teens can barely work a few hours after school without whining or acting as if they have the right to saunter in late and sit there doing nothing. Believe me...I have experienced these "working" teens. No fun!

Regarding overseas adoptions, I think many of these do-gooders in our country do more harm than good. The kids lose their heritage. The adoptive parents do what they can to Americanize these children, who had no real choice in the matter. Foreign children are the new accessories for our yuppies. While the older youngsters are grateful for what was a better life, there is sadness at the loss of their language and culture.
Anonymous User
May 06, 2006
Yeah it is really sad about the Sudan mess. Two of these boys were dumped in the Dakotas!! I can't remember if it was North or South but they were in the middle of bible-humping whiteville, totally out of sync. Jez lousie I wouldn't want to go there either. So heartbreaking.
Can you imagine coming from an area such as that, your whole family dead etc and coming here? How hip of Jolie and Pitt to adapt out of country.
May 06, 2006
KidFreeLuvnLife Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is anyone else here perplexed by the thought that
> childed beings think the Childfree are immature
> and don't want to grow up? I don't understand
> that thought process.

I wonder the same damn thing. I recall reading some dumb breeder's blog or an article of sorts talking about how being childfree means avoiding responsibility and making a generation of adolescents who never learn to grow up because "having kids is what makes an adolescent an adult". And let me say how much I notice that when a teen Moo tunes out her kid's screaming, or any other Moo in the world shoves her kid in everyone's face like it shits gold nuggets and it looks so much different and more attractive than all other loaves in the world. Pff. I think mental age goes out with the brain cells during birth.

The childfree take control of their lives - just because we choose not to hatch a litter of shit loaves doesn't mean we aren't adults. People who actually know how to work and can get on their feet and make lives for themselves are the mature ones. Lazy women who look to there sperm bank/wallet for money, are SAHMoos who sit home all day and watch soap operas and troll CF boards, and occasionally glance at their kids to make sure they aren't drinking anything poisonous are as far from mature as possible. I think these people need a good beating with a clue-by-four.
May 06, 2006
Angelina only did her out-of-country adoptions for good PR. Just as our own yuppies adopt the Asian kids -- just to look "good". If Ange or our own creepy yuppies adopted unwanted American kids - regardless of color - in US foster homes, there would not be the brouhaha as with the overseas bit. It is all about these people trying to say how "great" they are to save those 'poor' children.
Ranter
May 06, 2006
If Angelina really cared, she would have adopted within our country, one of the thousands of pour children stuck in a orphanage who seriously need a home. Angelina cares my sweet ass.
May 07, 2006
Skankelina is a psycho famewhore. All she cares about is having her picture taken with Brat Pig and their accessories. She has said she wanted to adopt "a rainbow of children". So she doesn't give a fuck, as long as they photograph well.
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 08, 2006
Exactly. Skankalina is the poster child for emotionally needy. She screams "NEEDY" in her voice, the way she projects herself and in her eyes. I fucking loathe that cunt.

There are so many kids in this country that need homes, why not look there first?
Ranter
May 09, 2006
Skankalina must be pretty easy...
Total slut.
May 09, 2006
As a CF person, I often feel more responsiblity. I have to work. I have no wallet (corporate husband) to take care of me. If something happend to my job, I will be out there taking ANYTHING until something better comes along because I don't have the bait of children to get the state or a man to take care of me. There have been times where I have been so broke that I used the "cash advance" places to get a loan to cover a car repair knowing I had to super-budget to pay it back.
Anonymous User
May 09, 2006
Having a kid is what makes an adolescent an adult? So I guess the 13 year old who squeezes out a welfare brat is more of an adult then my SCHOOL and Property tax paying ass eh? I HATE attitudes like that! I know I'm preaching to the choir, I just need to vent.
May 22, 2006
Last night's Sopranos had Tony, the father finally growing a set when it came to his lazy son who got fired from Blockbuster for stealing. AJ claimed he would only look for a job online and would return to college after the next semester. Typical of this generation!

Tony had it with this overgrown sprog sitting around in his underwear all day while on the internet chatrooms or having his buddies come around drinking. He told his young adult son that there was a job waiting for him on a construction site where he had to work. When the overgrown brat went on how he did not have to do it, Dad Soprano said the car would be taken away first. Then, AJ's clothing would be gone and so would his mother's cooking. Next place was the street for this lazy young man. For effect, Tony broke a window in the kid's SUV saying that he better appreciate driving to work in the cold.

This is only a show and a mob dad is not always the best influence but I am glad that the series has stopped having the mother, Carmela Soprano, coddling this brat. Years ago, Tony wanted his delinquent son in military school but Carm went on how it would be "too hard" for her bay-bee boy. More parents need to go off on their young adult children who live at home and refuse to work or go to school. Busting out a windshield is not always a good reaction but it got AJ's attention. He was off to work the next morning on that cement crew even though he did not want to go. Kid knew Dad was no longer playing and that Mombie was not going to be able to get him out of this one!
May 22, 2006
I'm childfree and I'm responsible. Breeders are irresponsible, b/c they obviously didn't use their birth control responsibly.

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.