Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moms Pressure Kellogg to Nix Michael Phelps Sponsorship

Posted by clematis 
Moms Pressure Kellogg to Nix Michael Phelps Sponsorship
February 06, 2009
As you know Michael Phelps was photographed with a water pipe apparently smoking pot, and uproar ensues. Some sponsors stick by him, like Omega Watches, some drop him, like Kellogg. Commentor on the radio said, "Well, think about it. The people who buy Omega watches are affluent and [more sophisticated] [paraphrasing]; the people who buy Kellogg are...everyday moms."

I personally have to eye rolling smiley. No doubt the bizzy SAHM keyboard brigade organized some self-righteous "campaign" or maybe even an "online petition" (if IT experts) to deprive one of the world's best athletes the money he earned through his talents and hard work. Could they not have used the event as a "teaching moment" with their kids about how our idols can have feet of clay, or the like? I suspect a strong strain of the usual jealousy motivated them too...God forbid someone who already achieves about 10,000 times more than they ever will in their tiny lives actually ENJOYS SOMETHING too. I don't partake of pot myself, but, God, it strikes me as unbearably puritanical and I am SO thankful I don't have to associate with these little campaigners and their unbelievably tedious ilk.
Re: Moms Pressure Kellogg to Nix Michael Phelps Sponsorship
February 06, 2009
These women really need a life.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
February 06, 2009
I saw this on a news site yesterday...the title said something along the lines of Phelps being caught for drugs. When I opened it and read that he was seen toking from a marijuana pipe, I got pissed. OH NOES, duh ebil Mary-wanna id gonna KILL somebuddy! It duh ebil GATEWAY dwug! WAAHHH!!!!

And now this...NATURALLY. Fucking retards.
February 06, 2009
The guy won SEVEN fucking gold medals, I think he's perfectly capable of having a decent life and pulling bong hits at the same time.

"Well, think about it. The people who buy Omega watches are affluent and [more sophisticated] [paraphrasing]; the people who buy Kellogg are...everyday moms." Let the Sows grunt and moan about it, I'm pretty sure Mr. Phelps will be about 1000 times more successful than they could have ever managed.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
February 06, 2009
he never actually said he smoked cannabis out of it. and cannabis isnt a performance enhancing drug. quite the reverse

issued a public apology after the News of the World published a photo of him inhaling from the type of glass pipe used to smoke cannabis

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 06, 2009
mercurior
he never actually said he smoked cannabis out of it. and cannabis isnt a performance enhancing drug. quite the reverse

issued a public apology after the News of the World published a photo of him inhaling from the type of glass pipe used to smoke cannabis

Riiiiiggghhhhtt...he was just posing with the giant glass bong to his face, and it was filled with legal and healthful tobacco, just like it was intended for. Actually, cannabis can be quite performance enhancing in a wide variety of situations.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
February 06, 2009
i didnt say he didnt.. wink jsut he never admitted it.. i could smoke tobacco out of a pipe like that. does that mean i take drugs..

(its unlikely i know but its wahat i would say but them i am an evil sod)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 06, 2009
What do you mean Kellogg's cereal dropped him??

What a stupid move. Proves just how out of touch Kellogg's is with its REAL core consumer: morningtime bong-smokers with the munchies.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
February 06, 2009
I guess all the moms addicted to prescription drugs, mood enhancers, food, sugar, caffiene, nicotine, children, and booze are keeping quiet?

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
February 06, 2009
Water pipes, or bongs, in the US are produced and sold only for smoking tobacco. If you go into a "smoke shop" and say you want a water pipe (or another smoking implement) so you can smoke some evil and life-destroying marijuana, they will refuse to sell to you. At least that's how they can legally produce and sell drug paraphernallia in my state...because it's not for drugs, it's for legal and healthful tobacco.

Annie, it's impossible for Moms to become addicted, didn't you know that? Once you breed, the only terrible thing that you can do is to die tragically from a mysterious disease, or at the hands of an evil person who doesn't have children.

--Me
February 06, 2009
I knew it wouldn't be long before the smoking police would make a stink.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
February 06, 2009
If this were your average Joe Nobody, there wouldn't be a peep, because nobody would care. Frankly, I don't think it's anyone's damn business if Mr. Phelps wants to get blitzed, and all these self-righteous sows need to STFU. Why the hell should he have to live up to some cunt's standard of (hypocritical) morality, just so little Shitstain has a role model?

Message to Mr. Phelps: Be more careful next time. And don't bogart the bong. :hello
February 06, 2009
Hopefully he can pick up some new sponsorships......from Doritos, Domino's, Hydroponics R Us (hey, that has water, too--it's a natural)...
The fact remains that marijuana IS a banned substance for USA swimmers. Phelps knew that. He did a stupid thing, got caught, and is dealing with the consequences. Factor in that he's the golden boy of swimming and of course any of his missteps are going to be a big deal, especially for a sponsor that cashed in on his wholesome image. Phelps has made millions of dollars cultivating his public image, and he should've known that being caught doing anything illegal would cost him at least one sponsorship.

I don't see this scandal being any different than a televangelist getting caught cheating on his wife, a "traditional marriage" activist getting caught with a gay prostitute, or a Green Peace leader being photographed hunting bald eagles. In any case, a person who made himself a public figure was caught doing something in opposition of his carefully crafted public image. Phelps is supposed to be the epitome of athleticism, hard work, discipline, and personal sacrifice. Smoking a bong does not fit with that image.

Frankly, I'm surprised that only Kellogg's has dropped him so far. His three-month ban from USA Swimming might convince other sponsors to drop him, too.
February 06, 2009
Aha! I knew it! There IS a petition!

Except.......bouncing and laughing

To: Kellogg's Corporation

Whereas...

1) Kellogg's is a major manufacturer of cereal and junk food products including but not limited to Frosted Flakes, Pop Tarts, Cheez-Its, Froot Loops, Keebler's Cookies, Rice Krispies, Eggo Frozen Waffles, Famous Amos Cookies and many other products known to be a part of the diet of many marijuana using Americans

2) The Kellogg's has profited for decades on the food tastes of marijuana using Americans with the munchies. In fact, we believe that most people over the age of twelve would not eat Kellogg's products were they not wicked high.

3)That Kellogg's has decided to end their relationship with Olympic Swimmer Michael Phelps after pictures of him surfaced doing exactly what most Kellogg's customers do right before enjoying a bowl of Rice Krispies mixed with Keebler Cookies with an Eggo on top.

4) That this action by Kellogg's, while legal, is totally bogus.

5) That Kellogg's is a big fat hypocrite, just like our parents when they found our stash under our mattress and took it and then later they sat in the living room and listened the Dark Side Of The Moon over and over and danced and laughed and I swear we smelled something.

6) That a quick Wikipedia search shows the founder of Kellogg's - john Harvey Kellogg - was a total frickin' weirdo who believe in putting children's genitals in a cage to keep them from playing with themselves and also believed in yogurt enemas.

7) That seriously, just Google John Harvey Kellogg. Dude was freaky.

8) That the thing about yogurt enemas makes us want to hurl when we look at that box of Kellogg's Yogos we have in the pantry.

9) That Michael Phelps should totally drop YOU dudes for your obsession with bran and fiber and masturbation and butts and stuff. You drop HIM? Dude won eight gold medals and probably didn't stick a single one in his butt or tie it in tourniquet around his naughty bits. Dude was just trying to relax. Seriously Kellogg's, WTF?

Given all these facts and the total disregard for your customer base and that thing with the yogurt, we the undersigned plan to BOYCOTT your products.

And we're serious.

Even though the Pop Tarts thing will be HARD.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned
February 06, 2009
I think that Kellogg needs to pay more attention to the Salmonella that's contaminating some of their peanut butter products than they need to be worried about a spokesperson's wacky weed habits. I guess with 99% of these new kyds being allergic to peanuts, it's not that big of a concern since it might only kill adults anyway. eye rolling smiley It seems pretty stupid of Phelps to allow a pic to get taken, but he was probably betrayed by someone close to him. I don't know why these whiny and hysterical moocows can't take the opportunity to use this as an example to their brats about how even our "heros" can make mistakes. I can't really comprehend or empathasize with kyds freaking out when Superman dies, or because Phelps took a toke, or Pete Rose gambled, etc........because I can honestly say that I have never idolized a star, athlete, or other celebrity past the point of a casual, "Oh really, I hate to hear that", even when they die. Although, I did tear up when Barny Fife died and I really hated it when Michael Landon died too.:bawl

It's a sign of low mentality to get all riled up and personally offended when a celebrity who they have never met and likely never will, has had some fall from grace for whatever reason. IMO. These same women hate certain soap opera actresses when they "cheat" on their husbands and whatnot as if they are real people instead of characters and like they are their fucking next door neighbors. It's just ridiculous.eye rolling smiley
I agree with portia...He knows he is in the public eye constantly. He's in the public eye because he's a fucking gold medal winner to the 8th power for crying out loud. He's a fucking idiot for getting caught and should expect to be dropped like a used rubber by his sponsors, particularly kellogs...I mean, c'mon.

Phelps: Next time, SMOKE ALONE you dumbass!
Wow. If I didn't know better, I'd say that crowd of broodsows was suffering from secondhand smoke. Lol!

I'm firmly against the use of most 'recreational' drugs that are passed around, if for nothing more than they often keep the user from excercising a choice to quit. And that us taxpayers get stuck with the bill when some dumb@$$ does something stupid/violent while flying high. But the guy has won over a half dozen Olympic gold medals...if anybody can handle the physical effects of a little MJ with no sweat, it's him.

If anything this should be used as a teaching moment, not a freaking boycott.
He smokes pot. He wins medals. Uptight Americans can't wrap their brains around those two facts, so there's a scandal. It's not hard to figure out. How will they explain that to their kids?!!!?!!1!!?!1!!??/

I know a guy who runs ultra marathons (100 milers) and he smokes pot.

I know someone who teaches the children omg, and smokes pot.

To me, pot=alcohol. Pot is probably better than alcohol, all things considered, but I choose alcohol because I don't smoke and it's a lot easier to get booze. :chug

Speaking of which... Last sip of Dogfish Head World Wide Stout. Mmmmmm.
It really doesn't matter what our personal views on pot are. It's a banned substance for USA swimmers. Even if every single person outside of USA Swimming agreed that it's completely harmless, it doesn't change the fact that it's a banned substance. Phelps knew that his activities fell under the category of doping, and has to deal with the consequences.

Olympic runners who were caught doping (HGH, in their case) lost sponsorships, too. It's the same thing.
February 08, 2009
Yes, he's in the public eye and should be keenly aware of the consequences of his actions. Yes, Olympic gold medal winners should be held to a higher standard.

With that said, here's a crazy thought. Disclaimer: I don't know much of anything about Phelps other than his Olympic feats.

As hard as it might be for some to believe, maybe he's already had enough of being in the public eye. Maybe he's learned it's not for him. Maybe he doesn't give a shit about what people think anymore. If so, who the fuck cares if he was photographed taking bong hits. Despite what some breeders want to think about how he should be such a damn perfect role model for their kyds, it's still his fucking life to live. Maybe this would be a great chance for breeders to teach their kids about different life choices, but nooooooo. They put the burden on stars and other public figures to do it for them by expecting them to live perfect lives. That way, the breeders don't get the hard questions from their spawn.

TOUGH SHIT. Phelps doesn't owe breeders or brats anything. I'm not saying this is the case, but if he wants to throw his medals and fame away in favor of living a different life, that's entirely up to him.
February 08, 2009
I can't care less.eye rolling smiley That boy is just not NATURAL.

But as long as they don't keep piling on enough shit to kick him to the curb, of course.=P
February 09, 2009
All these Moobitches need to STFU! I put marijuana in the same league as alchohol. What dude does outside of competition is his own fucking business. Maybe if these moocunts actually DID TMIJITW, they wouldn't have time for this shit. I get so sick of these Puritans. Propblem with all of these hypocrites is that they HATE seeing anyone enjoying life.
If this guy had been a cyclist they would of crusified him, the way i see it if he is willing to take that kind of drug what other drugs is he willing to take.
February 09, 2009
The real bad egg in this story is the asshole who decided to take a picture while partying with Mr. Phelps and then sell it to a tabloid. What a fucking dick.

--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login