Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Great Parenting" from Customers Suck

Posted by SlumSlut 
"Great Parenting" from Customers Suck
February 07, 2009
Another doozy from my buddy in Yorkshire:

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=42647

I was browsing in a local game store when a family of three came along. Mother, father and extremelly annoying child, probably about eight or nine years old.

Child: I want that game!

Mother: Sweetie, that's a Playstation 3 game, you don't have a Playstation 3...

Child: I DON'T CARE! I WANT THAT GAME!

Mother: Aww sweetie, you have an X box. Why don't we go look at the X box games?

Child: NO! I WANT THAT GAME!

Child started stamping his feet.

Mother: Now sweetie...

Child: I WANT THAT GAME! I WANT IT! I WANT IT!

Mother turns to father.

Mother: Maybe we should have a look and see how much Playstation 3's cost...

The father looked very fed up and run down.

I left the store so I didn't see the outcome, but I bet the child got his way...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
DrDanCorelli
Re: "Great Parenting" from Customers Suck
February 07, 2009
If I acted that way when I was a kid, I would have been paddled so hard I still could not sit down. I suspect many of us on this board had parents who would have done the same thing and would never have dreamed of caving in to a brat's every whim.
February 07, 2009
See, if I'd behaved this way in public (or anywhere), my parents would have beat my rotten little ass right there in the store, dragged me to the car, taken me home, sent me to bed without supper and then grounded me for a couple of weeks. But I knew better than to pull shit like that, so they never had to. spanking with a whip on the ass

Can't really discipline your kids anymore, though, without some some nosy fucktard calling the kiddie protection police. And it doesn't help matters that parents are being told from all angles that spanking or smacking your kids or sending them to bed without supper is 'abuse'.

I'm not too surprised that many of the kids I see these days are self-serving, sociopathic little assholes with entitlement issues. I hardly saw shit like that when I was little.
February 07, 2009
Those two ought to be given hats -- great big foam cowboy hats with flashing lights on 'em -- to wear around town which say on them "I allow my child to play me like a fucking harp".

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
February 07, 2009
WOW!!!!!

That's how incredibly SPOILED the brat is!!!!!doh face

I don't want to know what happens at Christmas and the snotface's birthday, too!
February 07, 2009
I have seen this same type of shit on numerous occasions while shopping, dining in restaurants, and at resort type areas like Disneyworld, fairs, Six Flags, etc.......Most of the time one of two things happen. Either they appease the kyd and buy it (or give in to it) whatever it wants right away, or they actually have a discussion with the child, "gentle discipline style" as they look around as if they expect nods of approval from other customers or staff as they bargain and reason with the child, "We discussed this and agreed that it would wait until your birthday, remember?", ....or "We talked about this and you made a choice to see the Captain Squiggle's show again instead of riding Mr Funny Peppers again", ....or "Only if you promise to go right to sleep tonight in your own bed, ok?", or, "You had the chicken nugget ala vomit cheese last time and you promised that you would get beef fingers o' shit this time, then you can have some dessert, ok Tubby?", and other bullshit nonsense. RARELY does anyone just say, "No, not this time", and walk away with a disappointed but quiet child.ranting

I am of the school of thought that sometimes parents need to make the decision for the child without discussion, just say no without explanation, and that bargaining and discussions need to be done BEFORE (in private) they go to wherever it is that they are going, so that innocent people don't have to be held up in line, delayed service, or inconvenienced by their big display of "parenthood". NO ONE GIVES A SHIT that you are using some fucked up parenting technique. NO ONE CARES that you think it's cute to bargain with a 3 year old. NO ONE is interested in oohing and ahhing over your 4 y/o's apparent negotiating skills, It's BORING and it wastes my time and the time of everyone who you force to be a witness to the bullshit.spanking with a whip on the ass
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login