Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

British rapper MIA redefined maternity wear

Posted by mercurior 
British rapper MIA redefined maternity wear
February 09, 2009
WARNING pregnant image in sheer clothing

You won't find this in Mothercare! British rapper MIA performs at Grammys in sheer dress on baby's due date

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1139386/You-wont-Mothercare-British-rapper-MIA-performs-Grammys-sheer-dress-babys-date.html

British rapper MIA redefined maternity wear at the Grammy Awards last night as she took to the stage on her baby's due date.
The singer overlooked a traditional empire line dress in favour of a daring sheer confection that exposed most of her baby bump.
The outrageous number, by British designer Henry Holland, featured strategically placed black and white polka dot pieces.

Sheer madness: Rapper MIA performed at the Grammy Awards last night on her baby's due date

Earlier she arrived on the red carpet in a voluminous multi-layered dress with bright blue print.

She performed with TI, Jay-Z and Lil Wayne on Swagga Like Us, which samples her hit Paper Planes and was in contention for record of the year - and won Rap Performance by a duo or group.
In a recent interview, she admitted that she was worried such a performance 'might induce labour'.

More...Rihanna misses planned Grammys performance after boyfriend accused of domestic violence
Brits on top: Duffy, Adele and Coldplay clinch top awards as they lead British winners at Grammys
Voluptuous Leona Lewis and svelte Katy Perry lead the glamour stakes at the Grammys

She said: 'When I read these books on childbirth, they are like, 'If you want to induce labour, try having a game of arm wrestle with your friend.'
'I am like, "Oh my God, my option isn't an arm wrestle - it's like being onstage and with Jay-Z and Lil Wayne and Kanye and TI." To me, that is really exciting, to be a nine-month pregnant woman.'
Oh baby: MIA performed with Kanye West, Lil Wayne and Jay-Z

MIA has had a lot of excitement already in the past year.

She has also been nominated for an Oscar for her song O Saya from Slumdog Millionaire, which she wrote with AR Rahman.
She said: 'It was literally like day by day, you know somebody is like "You have been nominated for a Brit Award", and then it was like "You are nominated for an Oscar" and it was like... I was just really confused by it all.'
Star spotting: The rapper's outrageous outfit was designed by Henry Holland

Besides dealing with all the awards hoopla, the 31-year-old is working on a new album as well as producing her new artist, Rye Rye.
MIA - who says she doesn't know the sex of her child but calls it 'he' anyway - said the baby is already a fan of what it's been hearing.
'Every time I go for an ultra scan, the baby is like in crazy positions with legs star-shaped and stuff. It's not like in a baby position at all,' she said.

'I feel like he is used to bass lines and beats and receptive to that, which is cute.'

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
Re: British rapper MIA redefined maternity wear
February 09, 2009
Gross, ridiculous, disgraceful and pathetic. Fucking attention whore. two faces puking
February 09, 2009
That's really gross to parade around on stage like that not clothed properly with a MASSIVE belly bump. I suppose if her goal was to upstage everyone else then she succeeded. Tacky, inappropriate, crude, whorish, etc......Mr. T: I pitty tha foold
February 09, 2009
I saw that last night - totally grotesque and sickening.

How the hell did we go from not even being able to say the word "pregnant" on TV to having a 9-months knocked-up cow skank prancing around in a see-thru outfit?
February 09, 2009
Charming. The strategic breast and belly covers, interspersed with sheer net, failed to transform this bloated would-be mommy into anything approaching a sexy, curvy, attractive star. You can be overweight and still be hot; unfortunately, she failed. the world 'fail' on flames
Anonymous User
February 10, 2009
A little adittion to this, an imaginary conversation between the fat cow and another singer chatting about their outfits : Here
February 10, 2009
Ugh! It's hideous! And so is she! Has this woman(?) any shame? Mr. T: I pitty tha fools
February 10, 2009
Maybe she was hoping the tight, clingy fabric would help keep the baby in for the duration of the performance? And hey, at least she put that "I'm pregnant, I can't lift a finger" myth to rest.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login