Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

17 with 1 kid (trips on the way)

Posted by mercurior 
17 with 1 kid (trips on the way)
February 10, 2009
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1140912/Mother-living-benefits-unemployed-boyfriend-reveals-pregnant-triplets--age-17.html

Benefits mother living with jobless boyfriend is pregnant with triplets... at the age of 17By Emily Andrews
Last updated at 5:45 PM on 10th February 2009
Comments (104) Add to My Stories

A single mother who gave birth to her first child at 15 is about to have triplets - at the age of 17. Sian Robbins, who already has a two-year-old son, had only been dating her 18-year-old boyfriend for under a year when she discovered she was pregnant again. Miss Robbins, who lives on benefits, had not discussed having a family with boyfriend Callum Thomas and was amazed to discover she was carrying triplets.
Her unmarried mother, Rachel Briggs, 40, will help with her daughter's family of four - even though she has six children herself.

Expecting triplets: 17-year-old Sian Robbins with her boyfriend Callum Thomas and two-year-old son Jaden Due to give birth by Caesarean Section in July, she is now preparing to be a mum of four at the young age of 18. Miss Robbins, who lives with son Jaden in a rented house in Portsmouth said: ‘I always thought I'd have kids but not until I was 18. ‘I love being a mum though and as long as I cope, and I'm there for all my children, that's all I can do.’

Miss Robbins was just 15 and still at school when she fell pregnant with Jaden, but decided not to abort the baby and gave birth in November 2006.
After Jaden was born, Sian went back school where she passed four GCSEs before leaving to become a full-time mother.
She split up with Jaden’s father not long after his birth and he does not pay any maintenance for his son.

Mrs Briggs admitted she was disappointed when she discovered her teenage daughter had become pregnant again but vowed to support her.
Miss Robbins admitted she and Callum did not want a baby, but were not using contraception when the triplets were conceived. She said: ‘It just happened and I just had a feeling that I was going to have more than one but I was shocked when they said it was triplets. Sian Robbins- pregnant with triplets (middle right) with (l-r) her mother Rachel Briggs holding her sister Kira Leworthy, three , sister Liah Robbins 16 (at back)and Sian's son son Jaden-Lee Redding and her boyfriend Callum Thomas

‘I was devastated at first, I was shaking, finding out I was going to have four children was too much. ‘But now I've had time to think about it I can't wait - I've got my family behind me and I've got Callum.’ Sian is aware that people will not agree, or understand, having children at such a young age but she is determined not to let it get to her. She said: ‘It's not got anything to do with anyone else.

‘When I was pregnant with Jaden everyone was staring all the time but it doesn't really bother me - it's happened and there's not a lot I can do.’
Miss Robbins also believes there are many benefits to being a young mum. She said: ‘The younger I have them the better it will be because I'll be young when they are young - by the time Jaden is 15 I'll be 30.’ A 12-week scan has revealed that two of Miss Robbins’ babies are sharing a placenta and doctors advised her to abort one or more foetus to give the other a better chance of survival. She also faces a higher risk of miscarriage than if she was expecting just one baby.

Despite this, she and Mr Thomas have decided to keep all three babies. She will have to be monitored by her consultant every two weeks and will give birth to the triplets by Caesarean section in the 33rd week of her pregnancy - seven weeks early.

Miss Robbins survives on benefits of £1126 a month, which includes rent for her flat, child benefit and family tax credit. She said: ‘I'm a bit scared about how I'll cope but I've got my family around me and Callum's family. ‘I'm really excited - we're going to do our best to look after them well and I think it's something to celebrate.’ Mr Thomas added: ‘She loves being a mum - even if one does have a problem we'll still love them.
‘I think it's better off until the babies get older that I'm at home so I'll be signing on - Sian wants me at home.’

In 2006, 16-year-old Natalie Scanlan, from Greater Manchester, became the UK's youngest mum of identical triplets when she gave birth to daughters Maddie, Ellie and Lilly. In December last year, Middlesbrough teenager Amy Smith also gave birth to non-identical triplets at just 16.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: 17 with 1 kid (trips on the way)
February 10, 2009
Nothing she could do...
Ha
sluts, all of them.
wonder what they do when civilization collapses around their ears and they are totally on their own.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Anonymous User
February 10, 2009
"Miss Robbins admitted she and Callum did not want a baby, but were not using contraception" :scr

"‘I love being a mum though and as long as I cope, and I'm there for all my children, that's all I can do.’"
SHUT YOUR LEGS YOU LITTLE WHORE!!!! hot smiley

"She split up with Jaden’s father not long after his birth and he does not pay any maintenance for his son."
So sue him you hollow-headed slut.

"‘It's not got anything to do with anyone else."
Until you need their goddamned money...you greedy selfish sow.

They need to cut out her uterus after they cut out those babies....for FUCK's sake...
February 10, 2009
She gets $1,665 a month?! That's almost as much as I earned at my last job! Working 2 weekends a month! Granted, it wasn't a giant salary...but I sure worked for it. Wow, how do I sign up for this?!
February 10, 2009
"fell pregnant".
Anonymous User
February 10, 2009
Rose Red
"fell pregnant".

Oh I know Rose...that little comment really torqued my ass. Like it was some freak accident or something...gotta looooove those reporters.
February 10, 2009
How the hell is her name pronounced? Is it like the color "cyan", or is it more like "SEE-on"? And what the hell kind of name is "Callum"? It sounds like ome kind of foot disease or some sort of vitamin supplement.
February 10, 2009
Pronounced: SHAH:N

http://www.behindthename.com/name/sia13n

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login