Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i am getting depressed and angry

Posted by mercurior 
i am getting depressed and angry
February 10, 2009
you know what i am getting depressed and angry, all these stories about nasty people trying to kill dogs, parents killing their own kids, and all this stuff going on.

its getting harder and harder to feel anything for humanity, i have never been a big fan, but its getting worse for me. i just dont see much hope in humanity anymore. when people who are worthless wastes of skin get everything, and yet people really in need get nothing.

the fact that more and more people seem to be out to get everything they can and sod the rest of the planet.

does anyone else feel this way. sanity is no more, politicians have worshipped the cult of the moo, the one thing that does make me feel a little better is the comments that octomoo is getting. maybe people are waking up. but i doubt it.

next month the same story different people.. and so it begins again..

the sooner this poor planet decides to get rid of the disease called humanity the better. in my opinion.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: i am getting depressed and angry
February 10, 2009
February 10, 2009
i am not going to do anything silly.

just angry and down.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 10, 2009
I too get angry at the world and what it has become.
I can't stand the sense of self entitlement mentality, nor can I stand our government and it's lies.
I want to move to the mountains and just hang with my husband and dogs for the rest of my life.

T wo
H ousehold
I ncome
N o
K ids
E arly
R etirement
February 10, 2009
mercurior
you know what i am getting depressed and angry, all these stories about nasty people trying to kill dogs, parents killing their own kids, and all this stuff going on.

its getting harder and harder to feel anything for humanity, i have never been a big fan, but its getting worse for me. i just dont see much hope in humanity anymore. when people who are worthless wastes of skin get everything, and yet people really in need get nothing.

the fact that more and more people seem to be out to get everything they can and sod the rest of the planet.

does anyone else feel this way. sanity is no more, politicians have worshipped the cult of the moo, the one thing that does make me feel a little better is the comments that octomoo is getting. maybe people are waking up. but i doubt it.

next month the same story different people.. and so it begins again..

the sooner this poor planet decides to get rid of the disease called humanity the better. in my opinion.

I agree. I don't have a high opinion of humanity either, and I don't see things getting better. Luckily I have the option of not interacting with it much. My mental health medicine is gardening. I'm gonna go out there right now and see if I can make a cover for a cold frame on one of my raised boxes. Even just a little time out there puts me in a different, and peaceful, world.
February 10, 2009
I couldn't agree more. Everyone is in their own little bubble. The self absorption I see daily astonishes me. I'm a pretty selfish person but what pulls my chain are the so-called "good people" who are BLATANT opportunists and self promoters. That's what makes me despair.
Anonymous User
February 10, 2009
You know Merc, I posted something similar in someone elses thread a while back. I expressed my disappointment in myself for having all these feelings of lost faith in humanity, for animals and humans alike. So I know how you feel. I am very thankful to live on the measly 20 acres I do, it affords me the ability to gawk at hawks, deer, owls, birds, fox and all else that inhabits this area. I love to look at the stars through my telescope - stars that can't be seen from the 'burbs or the city. It is my escape but eventually, we ALL will be intruded upon. I hope I'm dead by then, this is our only sanctuary.

All we can do is what we feel we would want others to do. We can only control ourselves. I try to stay away from too many people, but I love my friends and MOST of my family, so I am lucky. I love to go to the barn in the mornings and evenings and spend time watching my chickens do there pecking and scratching, groom my horse or maybe load him up and go for a ride. Just find what makes you happy and do it. Life is too short to be angry and depressed all the time!
February 10, 2009
Sadly I think things are only going to get worse. Most of it will be our own fault but then, it usually is.

Chalk it up to spineless people of all stripes, walks, and callings.

And merc touched on it: there are no consequences for evil behaviour.

Here on the Island, some f'in moo who drowned her 3 kids is going to get an insanity plea and have her little ass in a nuthouse getting 'help'.

Her boohoo granmoo was blatting how glad she was she was finally going to get the help she neeeds. Crap. A 5th grader could have seen through her bullshit and come to the conclusion her damn baby baker should have been removed.

Also, this is what the farkin sperm donor (although, seemingly, he tried to get the kids removed from whackamoo) gets when you just stick it wherever without vetting the GD partner. I think CPS has their head up too far in famblee ass.

whatever the a-dult wants, the a-dult gets and screw everyone else.

AND yes, I have lost most of my compassion for the rest of the 'sods' on this earth.

People have lost all common sense: our borders mean nothing. A rancher in New Mexico or Arizone whose property is a prime illegal crossing spot is being sued by these God Damn fucktards (Damn the ass-shat lawyers for helping them as well) because he caught a bunch of them and held them at gun-point. These illegals have trashed his property, they killed his calves. He apparently threatened them a couple of times to keep them there until Border patrol arrived. He violated their FUCKING CIVIL RIGHTS.. WHAT GODDAMN CIVIL RIGHTS? THESE BREEDER BASTARDS HAVE NO BUSINESS COMING HERE. THEY SCREW THEMSELVES OUT OF ALL THEIR RESOURCES AND THEY THINK THEY CAN LEECH OFF OF US? GO TO HELL YOU IMMIGRUNT BASTARDS. yes, I've lost compassion.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.

February 10, 2009
I feel your pain Merc. Somehow I was spared the stark reality of the shithole known as humanity until about five years ago when because of a head injury in an accident, I "died", got revived, laid up in a coma a while, and then oddly, just "woke up". I woke up in more ways than physical because it was after that when I began to actually see most people for what they really are which is DEEPLY selfish and uncaring and out for number one. It was as if dark glasses had been removed from my eyes or something. Up until then I was oblivious to most of it because it NEVER ocurred to me that when I did something nice for other people, for instance, that I did it out of any sense of selfish motivation. I just did it, hope it helped, and went on and forgot about it and had always assumed that other people were the same way. WRONG ANSWER.Mr. T: I pitty tha foold

However, after my "rebirth", so to speak, I realized that 90% of the things that people had ever done for me was specifically for their own benefit either directly or indirectly. I realized just how unimportant that I truly was to them once they thought that I was no longer of use or benefit to them (due to my injuries) and it hurt, A LOT. Then, somehow I recovered, which none of them expected. It was entertaining to watch them back pedal and pretend that I mattered again, TOO LATE. Now, I am just a hateful bitch. The "old Kim", as the guilty ones like to call me, no longer exists. For all intents and purposes, the "nice Kim" whose attitude was, "There is good in all people", died that day. Stephen King said it best in Pet Sematary, "Sometimes dead is better". I have had a heart of stone for nearly 2 years now and no one has even attempted to chisel away at it, but this is only because there are easier marks out there for them to exsanguinate, who still have on the glasses. :cool

Besides, it woudn't do any good because I already know the ugly truth. Why it took a near death experience to learn it is beyond me, maybe I was just that full of hope, positive feelings, and benefits of doubt, I really don't know why but all of that is gone now. Some people might think it's a sad or awful way to live, and at first I did too, but it really isn't. Once you get used to it then you realize that the handful of people who really care and who are good at the core of their being are FAR more important and worthy of my undying love than the multitude of fakers. My life is better now that I have cleaned house, even though it required ending a 10+ year marriage and leaving a great number of people in my mind's dumpster, which as far as I am concerned is exactly where they belong. It's actually interesting to live life through the eyes of pessimism and mistrust and it sure as hell beats living it in blissful oblivian.:bdid

Merc, you are such an intelligent and sensitive man, that I would be a bit surprised if you saw things any differently than you do, which is exactly how they are, unfortunately. I feel confident that you will fell compelled to locate some research material on this subject, which is no doubt hidden away in some archives somewhere because it's not "happy news" or "octo-moo" news worthy. I look forward to reading it when (and if) you do. I also hope that you get to feeling better too.:beer
February 10, 2009
just frustrated. the more i read and see the worse humanity seems..

never liked humanity just hating them more and more.

February 10, 2009
str8six
All we can do is what we feel we would want others to do. We can only control ourselves. I try to stay away from too many people, but I love my friends and MOST of my family, so I am lucky. I love to go to the barn in the mornings and evenings and spend time watching my chickens do there pecking and scratching, groom my horse or maybe load him up and go for a ride. Just find what makes you happy and do it. Life is too short to be angry and depressed all the time!

Here you go -- great advice. Ok so up in 'Manc' you're not going to find a barn to go to (only bus shelters), or chickens to watch pecking and scratching (though there are pidgeons), or a horse to groom and ride (well the policeman would shove you off his saddle and probably arrest you!). But solitary time just observing nature is a great healer.

I don't know if life is too short to be angry and depressed all the time -- personally I think life is too long to be angry and depressed all the time! "Life isn't too short -- it's too long! Life is the longest thing you'll ever do!" (thanks George Carlin). And so that's an infinite amount of time to fill. Better fill it with good stuff, not bad.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
February 10, 2009
I definitely feel you on your ill feelings toward humanity. There are people who know me that would describe me as bitter and/or cynical, but it's not like I've always been that way or like I always am that way. I think that little problem was years in the making. I've outlined a little bit of it here in other posts. I've also got my father's knack for seeing society for what it is. Anyway, I think probably most intelligent people have periods when all the selfishness, injustice, cruelty and heartlessness in the world just gets under their skin more than usual. And it bothers some more than others.

I know, from experience, that there are times when I think, "How can we call ourselves 'civilized' when all these things are allowed to happen? We're not civilized. We're still the hairy, ignorant, barbaric beasts we supposedly evolved from!"

Like some others here, I like to absorb myself in my natural surroundings when humanity makes me want nothing better than to burn it down and piss on it's ashes. I've heard people say that dogs and cats relieve stress, but I've found that pretty much any type of animal will. If I'm sad, I hold my Beardie and pet her for a while. My hermit crabs are a hoot to watch when I'm feeling depressed. Their antics never fail to cheer me up. And I think my pets friends know when I'm feeling down, angry or frustrated. I also recommend you try hugging a tree. It sounds stereotypically Hippy, but it works (for me, at least)! :smoke
February 10, 2009
I feel the same way very often - especially these days, since I can't even get away from the crap in my own house, thanks to the sociopaths downstairs. My home used to be my sanctuary, but now I feel like I'm living in Hell.
February 11, 2009
Merc, other posters have already touched on what also works for me, and that's communing with nature. Sitting outdoors in a natural setting has a very calming effect on me. Walking through the woods can be very cathartic, too. When I absolutely can't get outdoors, though, listening to a beautiful piece of classical music also helps.

Perhaps with greater capacity to think also comes greater capacity to feel, so I wish you well in your quest to find sanctuary from the place the world has become.
February 11, 2009
Tiquer's right about the classical music. Music like that raises serotonin and lowers cortisol, which makes you feel content.
February 11, 2009
i am ok now, i did some retail therapy (and yes men do that too). but i bought some stuff for my other interest one that i have been working and think and training for, for nearly 20 years now. survival in a post apocalyptic world (i have a bug out bag with everything i need to survive in it its mostly a harmless hobby)

February 11, 2009
Mercurio, I do understand and feel your pain, and agree. I've found that I've had to learn to ignore as much as possible, or I'd go crazy. If I let these a**holes mess up my life, then they win, and I won't let them win. I think because of how things are in the world these days, my spouse and I keep more and more to ourselves. But it's still hard to ignore the selfishness and greed of breeders. I'm so tired of supporting their lazy asses.

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
February 11, 2009
Hello other depressed and angry people who think the world indeed may end in our lifetimes!

Recently, I've been the recipient of someone's entire library of books, magazines and games. This person, who was close to my husband, shares my interests but since he's about 20 years older than me, has acquired many things in his youth that I never even knew existed. As I've been going through the many humor and counter-culture magazines I've discovered two things...

1. There have always been people who thought the times they lived in sucked culturally...and they thought they sucked in the same ways we do now! Too many kids, too much coddling, too much entitlement, too little value in education/thinking, too much materialism, too much mayhem.

2. People always think the world is going to end.

Now, I'm not saying things don't suck, or they don't suck more than they used to. Considering all that we have available at our fingertips, I think they do suck more. And I'm not saying the world isn't going to end in our lifetime, I am pretty certain that the world as we know it right now will change in a very substantial and disturbing way.

What I can say is...hey, it sucks, it's going to suck more and the only thing you can control is your reaction. Not like I'm blissfully happy about things, but you all have listed some good pursuits to keep from dwelling on the suckage that is now. And heck, isn't that what this place is for? Support through the suck.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
February 11, 2009
AngryReptileKeeper
Tiquer's right about the classical music. Music like that raises serotonin and lowers cortisol, which makes you feel content.

Did not know that. Interesting. I don't know much about classical music but I love Chopin in particular and it does seem to have a calming effect.

[side note: love your avatar, ARK!]
February 11, 2009
I too would like to announce my entry into the "Humanity sucks and it will all crash and burn within my lifetime club." Before this I felt like my father and I were the only two members. :hello

I like KK's analogy about the glasses being removed, and it is one that my father and I have used often in our conversations. My father was in a situation similar to KK where he lost almost everything and nobody was there to help him, and he often says that is when he "lost his glasses." Myself, I think that I was just never born with my pair. I think that people like us, the CF, tend to be more able to see things as how they are rather than how they are presented to us.

There is a Dave Matthews Band song that I really love, It's called "When the World Ends" and it's about sitting back and enjoying yourself as the world ends. For some reason the song makes me feel a lot better about things, maybe because of the attitude the song has about the collapse being inevitable so don't worry about it.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 11, 2009
the merry minuet

They're rioting in Africa
They're starving in Spain
There's hurricanes in Florida
And Texas needs rain
the Whole world is festering iwht unhappy souls
The French hate the Germans, the Germans hate the Poles
Italians hate Yugoslavs, South Africans hate the Dutch
And I don't like Anybody very much.

But we can be tranquil and thankful and proud
For man's been endowed with a mushroom-shaped cloud
And we know for certain that some lucky day
Someone will set the spark off and we will all be blown away

They're rioting in Africa
There's strife in Iran
What nature doesn't do to us
Will be done by our fellow Man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhaDtSBmIrI

Anonymous User
February 11, 2009
So I guess we are all in consensus that humans are screwed, it's just a matter of time. I live by the philosophy that life is meaningless, anyways. So you might as well not worry about all the bad shit and, instead, amuse yourself with fun stuff until you kick the bucket. Maybe I'm just in denial but, in this case, ignorance is bliss.
February 11, 2009
Kaye
So I guess we are all in consensus that humans are screwed, it's just a matter of time. I live by the philosophy that life is meaningless, anyways. So you might as well not worry about all the bad shit and, instead, amuse yourself with fun stuff until you kick the bucket. Maybe I'm just in denial but, in this case, ignorance is bliss.

Hear, hear! :beer

That video was great.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
February 11, 2009
Re: The video

I'll drink to that! Homemade absinthe, anyone? :beer
February 11, 2009
LoveToLurk
I too would like to announce my entry into the "Humanity sucks and it will all crash and burn within my lifetime club." Before this I felt like my father and I were the only two members. :hello

My Mom and her ex-boyfriend were the same way. He used to say "We're the Last of the Mohicans" and she used to say "It's you and me against the world, kid".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login