Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i am getting depressed and angry

Posted by mercurior 
Re: i am getting depressed and angry
February 15, 2009
Hope you're feeling better this week, Merc. I'm yet another one who has grown to hate humanity. The older I get, the more I see how fucked up we really are. It can be horribly depressing if you let it get to you.

And Kim, what a story... I'm sorry you went through that, but happy for you that you've made the best of it. What's interesting about your story is that it's usually the opposite when people have near death experiences. It's always finding religion, finding the value of life, discovering the great in people... There's actually a part of the brain in the temporal area that is stimulated when you're dying. Some people see "God", some people visit "Heaven" or see "The Light". It's all hallucinations...that's acutally what happens when you take magic mushrooms...your brain thinks you're dying so you see all sortsa crazy shit.

Anyway, I'm going through a hard time in my life right now and my disgust with humanity is a big part of it. I wish I could just leave everything and live somewhere surrounded by nature. Yes, I'm another one who is comforted by all things natural. I love quiet hikes in the mountains...but in our local mountains there are always people. You always run into fucking people, everywhere you go. We went to Lake Tahoe last week and I took some hikes. Beautiful scenery all around, snow, trees, rocks...with FUCKING GRAFFITI on them! NOTHING is fucking sacred. It pisses me off to no end. Don't even get me started on what man has done to our beautiful oceans. Fucking parasites...

Okay, I'm pissing myself off again. I'm gonna go look at the fish tank and have a vodka drink. Cheers!:beer
Anonymous User
February 15, 2009
Seacreature- It pisses me off, too, that humans are ruining the environment. Really, humans must be the dumbest animals on the planet to consciously destroy the very thing we need to survive. I'm hoping the earth will just get rid us before we completely destroy ourselves and other animals.
February 15, 2009
I have to say that I am getting more and more of a misanthrope as the years go by. All I see is humanity being unable to rise above its primate nature--and hell, that's probably insulting our cousins the chimpanzees! People are fuckheads and getting more fuckheaded all the time. I have my home as my little refuge from the world. When I need to, I just stay inside. I'm becoming more agoaphobic but hell, I just don't care.

As for these effing moos who kill their kyds, I say just kill them. I suspect that in many cases these women are purely and simply evil. So, instead of all this psychobabble bullshit, just do the old rope or the gas chamber or if you wanna go all tuchy-feely New Age, lethal injection.

I suspect a lot of people become more cynical in regards humanity as they age. I know I am.
Anonymous User
February 15, 2009
Add me to the list... Did these kinds of feelings influence anyone else's choice to be CF?

I ask that because some people decide to have children because they think their kids will be the ones to make the world a better place, or because they believe that the "magic" children bring to their lives will change their outlook.
Anonymous User
February 15, 2009
Stephanie
Add me to the list... Did these kinds of feelings influence anyone else's choice to be CF?

I ask that because some people decide to have children because they think their kids will be the ones to make the world a better place, or because they believe that the "magic" children bring to their lives will change their outlook.

It was definitely part of my reason for not having kids, I don't want to bring a child into this shitty world. Besides, if I did have a kid, the brats more likely to be part of the problem than the solution. I have no delusions of grandeur about my genes.
HAHAStupidMoos
February 15, 2009
Humans are the only species that have interfered in their own evolutionary progress.

Humans can't accept that natural selection is the god and law of this universe. It's ok to play with it and use it to allow 8 preemie octuplets to enter the gene pool, but it's not ok sterilize everyone and genetically engineer better humans. Eugenics is only allowed when it comes to engineering the survival of the defective and suffering and when a profit is involved, such as the case with sperm&egg banks. Everyone decries eugenics, but the engineering of the survival of the defective and suffering is held up as a compassionate, egalitarian thing to do. It's still eugenics.
Anonymous User
February 15, 2009
HAHAStupidMoos
Humans are the only species that have interfered in their own evolutionary progress.

Humans can't accept that natural selection is the god and law of this universe. It's ok to play with it and use it to allow 8 preemie octuplets to enter the gene pool, but it's not ok sterilize everyone and genetically engineer better humans. Eugenics is only allowed when it comes to engineering the survival of the defective and suffering and when a profit is involved, such as the case with sperm&egg banks. Everyone decries eugenics, but the engineering of the survival of the defective and suffering is held up as a compassionate, egalitarian thing to do. It's still eugenics.

Sometimes I wonder if this interference will result in us devolving, though I'm not sure how much dumber we can get!
February 15, 2009
Kaye
It was definitely part of my reason for not having kids, I don't want to bring a child into this shitty world.

Same here. And, even if you raise your kid properly, all it takes is one bad apple's influence to ruin all your hard work and turn your child into yet another piece of worthless crap.
February 16, 2009
i am feeling better less down, but i still stand by my feelings that humanity is doomed that we are a disease.

yes its one of my reasons why i dont want kids, i dont see a future for humanity, if i had a kid it would be like me, and i dont think the world could cope with another someone like me.

The devolution of humanity. well all you have to do is look, remember when we were young kids were more i dont know "Beautiful", gentle looking, but today look at the kids they are devolving back into a more basic form. how many times have we seen kids that wouldnt look out of place with neanderthals as parents.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
February 16, 2009
My primary reasons for being CF are

1) the world is overpopulated and we are destroying the earth, its ecosystems, and so many of the exquisite creatures and plants that inhabit it; we've turned this place into a trash-filled, concrete/asphalt covered, stinky cesspool

2) I don't want to drag another innocent (at birth, anyway) human into the mix either to add to the problem someday, or bemoan how horrible everything has gotten and feel depressed and hopeless (as I do right now)

I should note that I am also grateful I never bred, as I am becoming more and more aware that I actually don't have much interest in being a parent, but that really wasn't my original reason for deciding never to have kids.

I do find myself becoming more misanthropic as I age. I think it's a consequence of things actually getting worse over time (I think the earth's population has roughly doubled since I was born), and also just becoming more educated, wiser, and generally more aware of just how crappy the state of affairs really is. I cannot feel happy when yet another person is dragged into this world. All I feel is pity and despair. This is why I think breeders are so selfish. They're inflicting so much damage (on their own offspring and on the planet) every time they spew out another kid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login