Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bingoed by a Fortune Cookie

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Bingoed by a Fortune Cookie
February 11, 2009
On my way thru the Chinatown in Liverpool, I stopped at a Chinese supermarket to get some mochi and prawn crackers. Then I saw the fortune cookies and thought 'what the hell, I'll buy some of those too!'.

Imagine my horror when, on the train home, I opened the first cookie and got bingoed with this killer: You will be the parent of a famous child.

I cannot believe that I got bingoed by a damn cookie! Whoever writes those things clearly assumes that everyone on the planet wants to sprog and puts this little shining nugget in the fortune cookies. It was very tempting to give the blasted slip of paper to a nearby breeder, but didn't want to encourage her any further.

Anyone else been bingoed in such an odd way?
Anonymous User
Re: Bingoed by a Fortune Cookie
February 11, 2009
You got a cat or dog you can get on a show on Animal Planet?
Anonymous User
February 11, 2009
That is really unfortunate! Even cookies are going after us! bouncing and laughing
Anyway, knowing that for a huge amount of people having a sprog is a gift from God we should have seen it coming. I hope you had a good laugh at it, a bingo-cookie, that is awful!! doh face
February 11, 2009
must remember to never go to that place for fortune cookies. (and i only live a few miles from liverpool too)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
February 11, 2009
Marzipan
You got a cat or dog you can get on a show on Animal Planet?

I'm afraid not, Ste and I want to wait until we're financially and emotionally ready to get a dog, we also need to puppy-proof the house for that awkward chewy/exploring stage.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login