Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

You're not my mummy: Mother's makeover

Posted by mercurior 
You're not my mummy: Mother's makeover
February 11, 2009
waving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolarious

You're not my mummy: Mother's makeover on This Morning reduces baby son to tears
By Jo Clements

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1142255/Youre-mummy-Mothers-makeover-This-Morning-reduces-baby-son-tears.html

When Lindsay Ephgrave asked for a makeover on live TV, she was desperate for a completely new look.
Celebrity hairdresser Charles Worthington spent two hours transforming her drab blonde locks into a cropped, dark Katie Holmes-style do.

And the results were so drastic that even her own baby failed to recognise her.

As she took 10-month-old son Charlie into her arms, he immediately burst into tears and started crying for his mother.
Mummy's makeover: Lindsay Ephgrave had her hair colour changed from blonde to brunette during a segment on This Morning today

Not the desired effect: Lindsay's son Charlie immediately burst into tears after clapping eyes on his mother

Mrs Ephgrave, a stay-at-home Mum, told This Morning she wanted a new look because she was thinking of returning to work in the near future.

On seeing her transformation she clasped her hand over her mouth and gasped: 'I don't look like me. I look completely different. I love it.'

She then desperately tried to comfort wailing son Charlie as he sobbed and cried 'Mama'.

'What we're going to do is say thankyou very much indeed and let you reacquaint yourself with Charlie now,' Schofield said.
The mother-of-one, from Northamptonshire, was picked from hundreds of viewers and brought into the studio today morning for a makeover.

Fans of the ITV show had been asked to choose whether she should be given highlighted blonde locks like Kate Winslet, a cropped Katie Holmes do or the long, dark style worn by Lily Allen.
Presenters Fern Britton and Phillip Schofield revealed viewers had voted to give the mother-of-one hair like ex-Dawson’s Creek star Holmes and Worthington set to work.
Oh no! The makeover prove too extreme for the 10-month-old

The hair stylist, whose clients include Jerry Hall, Mena Suvari and Joely Richardson, spent the duration of the two-hour show cutting, colouring and styling Ms Ephgrave’s locks.

And at the end of the show her new look was unveiled.

Having started the day with long, blonde, wavy hair, the mother-of-one emerged from behind the scenes with a chin-length dark bob, a side parting and a sweeping fringe.
But not everyone was happy with the change.

While Ms Ephgrave seemed pleased with her transformation, her son Charlie was not so sure.
No more tears: Fern and Phillip quickly suggested the pair should go backstage and reacquaint themselves
As a crew member handed the baby over, the youngster burst into tears and failed to recognise his mother.

Britton, 51, and Schofield, 46, quickly suggested the pair should go backstage and reacquaint themselves.

It is not the first time a makeover on This Morning has caused upset.

Last summer, Angie Anderson wrote to the show to ask them to help her get a boyfriend.

She had to fight back tears when hairstylist to the stars Matthew Soobroy left her looking like wild-haired rock legend Gene Simmons.

Asked by Britton if she liked her ‘big and wild’ haircut, she cringed: ‘I'll probably get used to it, and I'll see if everyone else gets used to it too.’
An ITV spokeswoman for This Morning said: 'We are thrilled that Lindsay loved her new look.

'Charles did a fantastic job transforming her original long blonde hair into a brunette Katie Holmes style during the show.

'We just hope that her son is getting used to his mummy's new look

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Re: You're not my mummy: Mother's makeover
February 11, 2009
Sure. Go back to being a frump because some toddler can't handle new input.
February 11, 2009
Rose Red
Sure. Go back to being a frump because some toddler can't handle new input.

Yeah, really--good heavens, just ignore the ignorant brat. He'll come around when he's hungry and no one but "not mommy" is around to dole out the chicken nuggets.
Anonymous User
February 11, 2009
Well, just goes to show y'all how fucking stupid the human race is. If you take a cocker spaniel (bitch), give it a perm and dye it black, it's pups are still going to know it's their mother. Human baby = no instinct to know who its' mother is.

The kid'll get over it.
February 11, 2009
At least the moo didn't get her boobs done, too.

Then the precious little suckling would have a REAL reason to be upset!eye rolling smiley
I use to work w/ a Duhd who grew a beard while on vacation hunting. Before he was of average to slightly below average in the looks arena, but with this beard, let's say, it really became him. cowboy

He wore it a couple of days, I'm sure he got complements on it, including from me, but would you believe he cut if off promptly after a couple days because his toadler didn't' recognize him, cried :bawl, and didn't like it. And, when I asked him why, it was just 'that simple' , it was whatever Bratlina wanted. When I said something like she would just get used to it after awhile, he just ignored the idea.confused smiley

That would be the day that my parents wore or didn't wear something because of MY infant opinion. This was about 10 years ago and just more CF proof for myself that parunts were getting wussier and wussier on every level if they couldn't even grow a beard if they wanted to, especially when it made him look 10x better. hitting over the head with a hammer
February 11, 2009
CF Uter
That would be the day that my parents wore or didn't wear something because of MY infant opinion.

Seriously. I used to sit and critique my mother's outfits when she'd go out for dinner with her friends and she'd turn around and say "TOO BAD" if I didn't like it.

Nowadays, everyone is afraid to stand up to little Colton Dylan McKenzie because he might develop Oppositional Defiant Disorder or some other horrid condition! Dum...dum...DUM!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login