Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Never mind what I promised; *I'm* having A BAYBEE!!!

Posted by CFTeen 
This is one of those things that makes you want to laugh until it hurts one moment and mad enough to chew railroad spikes the next. :sbx

http://eppc.org/publications/pubID.3708/pub_detail.asp

It seems that WNBA star Candace Parker has gone and gotten herself in pig. So far so fine, her choice. Except for one little detail: she's supposed to be devoted to playing. Mrs.Parker is bound by the contract she signed to keep herself in tip-top condition for the purpose of being the best basketball member she can be...for the team, for the fans, for everyone. And her choice is squarely at odds with that goal. Some people are rightly upset about this little fact.

But does all this matter? NOOO! She's a MOTHER! She's going to RAISE THE FUTURE! (a very hard thing when you're a rich sports figure! waving hellolarious ) In very predictable fashion the Breeder Brigade has come to her rescue, defending her as the newest patron saint of motherhood. She benefits somewhat from OctoSlut, oddly enough, as the childed are rather hot under the collar at the moment and looking for a better example to hold before the public.

As this mom seems likely to want to actually have her kid, one of three things is likely to happen. The most likely IHMO is that she goes into full-blown Mommy Mode and dumps her team like yesterday's trash. Next is that she 'raises' her little loaf with the household help rich and famous people usually get, with the result of being able to do both job and mootherhood. All the while proudly showing to other moms "see! you can have your cake and eat it too!" Last is that the kid gets left in the dust. Not too likely but possible.

I followed the original article from a political site I'm a member at; one that is usually a bastion of good conservative sense. Unfortunately the majority of the membership seems to have interperted being conservative with being a bobblehead for the childed. The comments are worth a look for eye-rolling material if nothing else.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/02/16/remember-when-motherhood-wasnt-controversial/
Re: Never mind what I promised; *I'm* having A BAYBEE!!!
February 16, 2009
This type of shit is why women in the world of sports (and, really, just the world in general) are never taken seriously. Chances are they will go and get knocked up any second, so why invest any money in them or trust them for anything? angry flipping off

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
LoveToLurk
This type of shit is why women in the world of sports (and, really, just the world in general) are never taken seriously. Chances are they will go and get knocked up any second, so why invest any money in them or trust them for anything? angry flipping off

Sadly, that is the truth, and those women are doing no favors to the rest of you.
Re: Never mind what I promised; *I'm* having A BAYBEE!!!
February 17, 2009
The closest personal experience I had to this when I was working was when my boss and I (I was a supervisor) were having a discussion about staffing for some upcoming projects. She mentioned "L" as a good candidate to be given some more challenging projects. "L" had been with us for about one year and was doing good work. However, "L" had become pregnant and was due in about 5 or 6 months. I told my boss, herself recently married and about the same age as "L" but had been with the company for about 10 years, that I thought it would be unwise to go through the training of "L" to take on a new project when she would be going on maternity leave in a few months. We (read: me) would have to train someone else to take over the new project (again) and it would be a waste of time. Plus, we could not be certain that "L" would return to the company after her maternity leave was over.

My boss agreed with me, perhaps reluctantly, and reassigned the project to someone else, a single, CF man with about the same work skills and experience. "L" went on her maternity leave a few months later. When she was done, she returned to the company for one day (so she could make her maternity leave official) and resigned from the company (as other women coworkers in her situation had done over the years).

"I thank god I'm an atheist!" -- Mike "Meathead" Stivic (from All in the Family)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login