Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1328 - Anti-Abortion License Plates

Posted by Anonymous User 
catmommy9 - I know that a portion of the whale plates go to the environmental trust, as well as the Cape Cod plates, and that the Sox and Bruins plates also contribute to worthwhile causes - do you know anything about where the additional cost of the Children plates go? Curious...

catmeow - I'd say we all get rooked - we are all essentially paying tuition for other people's kids... great system, eh? What irritates me is that every day while driving to work, school buses have to stop at each and every home to pick up kids! What ever happened to central school bus stops? No wonder why so many kids are overweight - they can't walk 20 extra steps to meet the bus with other kids in their neighborhoods. And with gas prices so high, you'd think school districts would try to conserve fuel. But then again, I guess they're not the ones paying for the fuel, now are they? winking smiley
CF, speaking of bus fuel, some school systems in Maryland are considering charging students $100 per year to help offset the cost of gas. Of course, the welfare kid's parents won't have to pay. WHile I think this is a good idea in some ways, I think it will give parents and students more of a sense of entitlement. Kids already behave horribly on the bus, if they are paying for it they will be worse. THis can only work if they are made to sign a contract stating that they can lose their bus privledges without a refund for poor behavior. THis includes the welfare brats.
Sherz - This is an article from my local newspaper. I do agree with you on the entitlement issue, but I have always believed that parents should pay more, if not ALL for educating their own children, including their transportation. I'll never understand why people without children are 'footing the bill.'

School busing fees nixed, again
By David Krongard, Community Reporter 5/5/2006

Marlborough – Thanks in large part to the substantial costs associated with implementation, school officials have again decided against charging students a transportation fee.
Discussed at length during several recent School Committee meetings, a transportation fee, if appropriately applied, could require a six-figure investment.
At a meeting of the Marlborough School Committee held last month, Assistant Superintendent James R. Jolicoeur told his colleagues that he believes it is too late to adequately implement the fees for next school year.
Citing the necessity for enhanced GIS mapping software, at a possible cost of more than $15,000, and ample time for communication with parents, Jolicoeur said that the district is simply not ready. Ultimately, his colleagues concurred.
The costly but necessary mapping software is essential to measure the actual distance from each neighborhood bus stop to the city's various schools. The precise mileage is necessary to be in accordance with guidelines established by the Department of Education.
In addition to the cost of purchasing, installing and maintaining the GIS mapping software, Jolicoeur noted that the district would also have to invest a sizable amount of money in safety precautions necessary with a larger percentage of the student body walking to school. Increasing the amount of money paid to local crossing guards and other preventative measures could cost upwards of $50,000.
School officials also cited the need to hire an administrative aide if such a fee structure were implemented to assist with billing and collections.
The School Committee will continue to discuss the feasibility of such fees and even the possibility of implementing a transportation fee halfway through next school year.
Superintendent Rose Marie Boniface, set to retire next fall, told her fellow committee members other local districts that have successfully implemented transportation fees charge between $1 and $2 per day. Although such a fee structure could bring in a substantial amount of money, the Boniface cautioned against the proposal.
Also, Boniface warned the committee of the high default rate on such fees. According to Boniface, there's a 13 percent default rate currently with respect to kindergarten tuition and the collection of outstanding payments takes an enormous amount of time and consumes valuable resources.
"There's nothing creative about fees," Boniface said. "We're in the business of serving kids."
The district has been exploring creative ways to raise funds. School officials are excited about a potential partnership with a company called EdNets. EdNets will provide parents, residents and educators with a registered rewards card that will allow users to earn money for the schools while shopping at more than 250 online merchants.
In addition to the rewards card, EdNets will also provide the district and each of its schools with new Web sites.
Although school officials are optimistic about the EdNets venture and the prospect for additional, non fee-based fund-raising, the student activity fee remains in place.
The School Committee approved the $100 per year fee for all sports and many after-school activities. The fee cannot exceed $100, and covers all sports and activities that a student wishes to participate in.
Activities such as the Students Against Drunk Driving and the literary magazine require students to pay the fee. Some activities, however - including yearbook, band, student council, National Honor Society, peer mediation, Gay-Straight Alliance and the newspaper - do not require the $100 fee.

http://www.communityadvocate.com/html/marlboro_articles_4.html

KidFreeLuvnLife
Re: #1328 - Anti-Abortion License Plates
May 08, 2006
Like Sherz said, those plates are good because it gives us a "heads up" on who we want to avoid. May as well have a plate that says "I'm A Bleeding Heart Asshole!" on it. LOL
Anonymous User
May 08, 2006
This country is going to hell in a handbasket. Why is this such a fundie country now? WHY?

-Everytime someone gets an abortion,an angel gets her wings.

P.S. There is a bumper sticker that says Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em!! You all have not seen it?
May 08, 2006
Yes, Sharon, I saw that bumper sticker. I also like the one that says "Thanks for Not Breeding."
Anonymous User
May 09, 2006
I've never seen the Thanks for Not Breeding. I like it! I'd like to get some totally over the top one regarding abortion "Ask me about my abortion! "(with a big ole happy face)but some redneck would prob. pull out his shotgun and shot.(Remember Easy Rider? My parents took me to see that at the drive-in when I was like 5.They were semi-hippies.)
May 09, 2006
Here's your bumper sticker, Sharon!

http://www.stickergiant.com/page/sg/PROD/funins/sp0822
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 10, 2006
I have 2 magnets on my car right now. One for the ASPCA and one saying "Opt to Adopt" with little paw prints.

I'd be very afraid in this day and age to put any other kind of magnet, plate frame, or sticker on my car for fear of retribution. You know some fundie pro-lifer is out there with a set of keys, just waiting to let someone know they don't approve of their bumper sticker or magnets.
Oh.Good.God. That's vandalism. But you just know, those pro-lifers would get a way with it! I just don't keep bumper stickers or magnets on my car in fear of that.
This is exactly why I have NO messages of any kind displayed anywhere. Most breeders are psychotic nut cases capable of just about anything. I figure my CF choice is apparent by the fact that my car is CLEAN. (No empty McDonald's cups, broken toys, and other stinky items.) Sometimes, less is more and silence is deafening.
May 10, 2006
Pro-life violence is why I no longer put stickers on the car. If anyone from "our side" has had it and does something to THEM, they scream as if they are the Crucified Christ. I fear the rest of the world is also going funademtalist.
May 10, 2006
Not only clean - no bloody baybee seat or "Brat On Board" sign, either. And Radiohead blasting out of the speakers instead of Barney the Dino or Raffi or whatever the hell the toadlers are listening to these days.
Anonymous User
May 10, 2006
Thank you catmeow for the sticker! Did you check out some of the others? Quite funny! Hey where can I find the emoicons on here? I really like the double hurling heads! Thanks in advance!

-Ask me about my abortion!! <:
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.