Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SAHMs in Alum news

Posted by CF Uter 
CF Uter
SAHMs in Alum news
March 09, 2005
I can't stand reading my Alum news anymore because it just turned into a breeder fest. When I was a teen and I saw the Alum news that was distributed around, it would actually list *accomplishments*, you know, so and so is a CEO now for ABC Company and so and so wrote a novel blah blah blah.

Now, 9 out of 10 News bits will be Mary is a SAHM of little Bratlina Mae and her little brother, 3 month old, Justyn Cooper Hunter the Third.

Make me barf, okay?
VT CFer
Re: SAHMs in Alum news
March 10, 2005
I love reading through those alumni things. They're always good for a laugh. People define themselves by their rugrats.

CF UTer: I was laughing at your post because it's spot-on accurate. They have to list all the sprogs' trendy names and ages, in months if possible!
March 10, 2005
Let's compare, shall we?

Going to college: you pay money; you study hard; you get tortured by professors that make you learn something (back when education was decent and not the wussified, hand-holding experience it is today); you make sacrifices to get that piece of paper.

Having a kid: Lie back. Insert Tab A into Slot B. Wait for 9 months like some sort of passive incubator. If you don't terminate, it will happen. You don't have to do anything other than get sperm-poisoned. You will be assimilated by The Fetus. It will be delivered by you.

Having a kid is not an accomplishment like getting a college degree. One requires thought. The second is something that 14 year olds can do. It's not hard, and doG knows, it's happened 6 billion times and it's certainly not original.
CF Uter
March 10, 2005
I notice now even in the older classes they will list their grandbrats. Like what kind of accomplishment or news is that??? Your kids genitals work and produced a mass of cells!

Wow! That really tells me a lot about what YOU have been up to.
Anonymous User
March 12, 2005
bell_flower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Let's compare, shall we?
> Having a kid: Lie back. Insert Tab A into Slot
> B. Wait for 9 months like some sort of passive
> incubator.

smiling smiley That cracked me the hell up!

One time I went on a retreat with the rest of our human resources department. One of the activities was for everyone to tell their biggest accomplishment. One after another, each person in the circle said "my kid(s)". One girl was only pregnant and she said that was her biggest accomplishment. confused smiley Good gravy. Some of these people had major accomplishments...I didn't hear one of them mentioned. The only people who didn't say kids were me and our department head. I could see on her face what I was thinking: ...the hell? I can screw without a condom, woohoo!
Computer Nerd
March 11, 2006
Sounds like a bunch of breeders wannabe's went to college for a MRS. degree (nothing else) and suceeded and became a moo. WHoopdo. Not. eye rolling smiley
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.