Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A sad truth

Posted by india_darshan 
A sad truth
May 08, 2006
I talked with my cousin when my mother was visiting. Fortunately, we avoided a visit with the cousin, her husband, and two young kids. Of course, my cousin tried to say how well-behaved her children are -- but that is something ALL moos say regardless of the obvious.

My cousin is a nice woman but I sort of lost touch with her even though she lives in the same state. When her daughters were toddlers and infants, I could never have a decent phone conversation. Either the babies were crying or they were fighting as toddlers. I just gave up...

"Andie" was going on how she is glad her older sister, who also has children. is into teaching yoga after a long bout with alcoholism and almost losing her husband, a doctor who is really a nasty person. Andie also said how it is good that Les has something of her "own" since nothing is really "yours" once you have kids.

Andie also feels the same about not having anything that is "hers" due to being a SAHM. Realise that this is a college educated woman who had her own career before marrying. Her husband is also in the medical field. After a bit of "helping" her hsuband at his office, she really got relegated to the life of purdah a housewife. Andie even asked her husband if he needed help in his office now that one girl is in second grade and the other is in pre-school. His answer, "NO!"

Mommyhood never gets any better but women still buy into it. Sad...
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.