Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Toddler as BC

Posted by sprogless 
sprogless
Toddler as BC
May 08, 2006
This sounds like a good idea. They ought to do it in the States, as well.
Ranter
Re: Toddler as BC
May 08, 2006
I feel as if it should be mandatory at all schools...
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 09, 2006
Toddlers - or give all of these potential teen moos a baby Capuchin monkey to take care of for a while. They're even more of a handful.
Ranter
May 09, 2006
Or a high needs baby or toddler. That'll change their minds in a heartbeat.
Nour
May 09, 2006
Have them try to handle a baby AND a two-year-old! Then give each of them a handout about the financial costs of having a kid that was just posted. Go over it item by item, whatever it fucking takes.
Anonymous User
May 09, 2006
Yes why don't they? It sounds like common sense.
May 11, 2006
Very good common sense. Have them do that, as with others, and more and more ppl will NOT want kids. Which means, MORE CHILDFREE! YEY!

lab mom
May 12, 2006
Just hearing a toddler scream like this nasty one at Marshalls yesterday makes my tubes want to undergo yet another tubal ligation. I can handle being around older well-behaved kids but only for a short time but I cannot STAND infants or those god-awful tiny tots. I think more teen girls would forgo the breeding route if they had to spend time with an actual screaming baby or a horrid toddler for a period of time. What was awful at Marshalls is that the grandmoo just stood there yelling at the nasty kid while he just screamed and stamped his feet. I do not advocate abuse but I can see why some parents just haul off and backhand these brats. The parents can do everything right yet a kid can still be a demon.
May 12, 2006
I would also love to see this here in America. Instead of teens hauling around bags of flour or raw eggs, give them a real crying, pissing, shitting baby for even a few hours. If it discourages them from ever having kids, then that's wonderful - if that happened, the next generation of adults might have a chance of being somewhat intelligent and non-breederific. But perhaps that's exactly why America won't give teens the chance to be around babies - they don't want to discourage teens because *gasp* they might decide to never sprog after dealing with real kids.

Honestly, I would love to put my boyfriend through such a practice as this. He's a fence-sitter, and I know he's had no experience with infants, and the experiences he had with my 4-year-old cousin he hated. Perhaps if he got some hands-on experience with babies, he'd see why I feel like I do about kids.
May 12, 2006
One school district had a doll that weight as much as a real infant. There was a chip inside that was timed at different intervals for the doll to start crying. Nothing could turn it off. At the end of the project, the teacher had a key to open the thing to do a 'read' to see if the doll had been shaken or not picked up. Good idea but still not a dose of the much-needed reality.

I still think that the "fear" would be put in these teenagers heads if they had to look after a real infant or toddler. Imagine how quickly the idea of romanticizing motherhood would vanish if the teens were hanging out at the mall and suddenly the babies & tots in their custody started the usual squalling, screaming, "I hate you" temper tantrums and stamping like I witnessed at Marshall's yesterday. grinning smiley
May 12, 2006
I've been around my nephew, while he was an infant. Through him teething, and crying bloody murder, and knowing what hard work infants are, I can honestly tell you, "No thanks!!!!"

lab mom
May 13, 2006
India, I think it was called "baby, think it over." or something like that.

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.