Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1355 Shut Up

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
1355 Shut Up
May 10, 2006
My dad's sister is like this. She brags nonstop about her 7 (yes, 7) kids, how much money they make, how much their husbands make, how much their houses cost, their expensive cars, their shining college degrees, etc. Who fucking cares?

This woman (although I love her to death because she is my deceased father's sister) is a bitter drunk who married an Irish Catholic who kept her knocked up for 63 months. Never had any control of her life whatsoever, so I think now she's living success vicariously through her kids - which would explain the bragging. Or she could be bragging because she is taking credit for their successes - by being a good parent.

I actually feel sorry for her. She never worked until after the kids were grown and out of the house. She kept a perfect house and life for them and was a good mom but I think deep down she was terribly unhappy. They were well to do people but imagine being pregnant for 5 years and 3 months, raising all those kids and never having anything for yourself? That would suck.
GreenGrass
Re: 1355 Shut Up
May 10, 2006
I used to work with someone like this. I had to sit about five feet away from her at my desk all day, and listen to her go on and on about her "perfect" daughter, the shoe saleswoman who made tons of $ selling shoes and bought her own house at 21. When she wasn't talking about her, she was mooing about her other daughter, the oh-so talented singer/actress wannabe. She was the type of person who would be nice to your face then turn around and talk trash about you when were out of the office. I guess this was OK since her family was so perfect she had too look down on everyone else. She was also fifty years old and would brag about what a hip mom she was because she went out drinking and partying with kids her daughters age. What a bitch. Glad I don't work there anymore.
Ranter
May 10, 2006
Sounds like one of my relatives. Seriously.
May 10, 2006
Braggarts are one reason why I stopped going to this very small "liberal" church. I thought this would be better than a larger parish but the politics were still there....but different. All I heard was the yadda-yadda about one woman's new car and the trips she got to take due to her husband's job. A married older woman, who was married to a man with money, always bragged about what she had and about how she wanted more. She also went on about her grown kids who leeched off of her and her husband.

I was looked down as "white trash" because I drove an old car that looked like it had seen better days and because I am not a "career woman" or rich housewife. I just did purchase much newer car but would not want to go around that church. I would not want anyone suddenly being "nice" to me just because I drive something that looks a little prettier. I had stopped going after the "new car" lady made a cruel comment to me a few months ago. The priest was nice but he had to pander to these people...especially the wealthy housewife for donations.
Sherz
May 10, 2006
I worked with a woman like this. I had an old car(1988 Niassan Stanza- I paid only $750 for it). It ran well and, I did keep it clean inside and out. Anytime it was my turn to drive when we would go out to lunch, she would spend the entire time making fun of my car. I took it in stride, telling her as long as it got me from point A to point B, it was as good a Mercedes to me. Last year, I got my first new car. It's a Kia, and I got a great deal on it. Part of the great deal was $1000 trade in I got on my old car. She made such a big deal out of my getting a new car, but made sure to mention that it was only a Kia, and that her 21 y.o. daughter fresh out of college just bought a new BMW. I'm sure she didn't buy it without their help. Both of this woman's kids are bad. The daughter is a slut, and the son does drugs. She always fails to mention that when she's bragging about them!
Anonymous User
May 10, 2006
I just had to rant. I go to different farms everyday and meet all sorts. Most of them are very nice, some are my "pets" but others!!
This guy just got on my nerves fast. And he did have stupid little pig eyes! I think it is the worst taste to talk about money like that.
I am not a materilistic person, and have NEVER been immpressed with people bragging about/throwing around their money. If anything it just shows me what an insecure,shallow fuck-wad they really are.
CF Scorpio
May 10, 2006
I don't get the whole "car as status symbol" thing. What kind of people judge other people on their cars? How pathetic.
May 10, 2006
It was my Grandma's birthday last week-end and I had to put my foot down after dinner because she and my aunt started going on and on about my breederific cousins, as usual - and I just couldn't take it anymore.

One is knocked up (unmarried, of course), her brother just had his second (also unmarried), another one is on her 4th - and they're all so "perfect" with their happy famblees, fabulous careers, huge houses, summer homes, yadda yadda yadda. They make me feel like crap and look down on me 'cause I'm the only single and childfree one.
Feh
May 10, 2006
Just say "I'm so sorry to hear that you perceive your only value to humanity is in what you own."
That'll shut them up right quick.
Feh
May 10, 2006
Or not. I think there's too many big words in that sentence and they'll just think you're showing off your intelligence to make them feel stupid.

May 10, 2006
There is nothing wonderful about a mother or a father partying with their children. It is not cool or hip...just plain ignorant.

The people raised by the "hipmoms" or "hipdads" seem to have more problems in life since no boundaries, rules, or limts were ever set. A parent is to guide a young person to adulthood rather than to be a "good bud".

I am glad I don't value myself by my car. I had to get another vehicle because the one I had was killing me with repairs. This old car had close to 200,000 miles on it so I knew more costly things would come down the Pike. I guess the Beemer lady could cap on my Kia... moody smiley
May 10, 2006
What loosers. Total breeder hypocripsy.

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.