Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1353 Girlfriends

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
KidFreeLuvnLife
1353 Girlfriends
May 10, 2006
I've never seen that show. That crap burns me up - how they will make the successful characters look like failures because they don't have a walking wallet to breed with.

What's wrong with showcasing the powerful working women without kids? I hate it when they make us Childfree look like cheap partyers. Just because we have oodles of free time and money doesn't mean we are frivilous about it.
Ranter
Re: 1353 Girlfriends
May 10, 2006
Exactly. In this show, I always thought Jone was the cool one. She is single, strong and got herself through law school, and worked hard as a lawyer. Better yet, junior partner, in a prestigious law firm! Her so-called friends, Tony (the self-centered one), Maya (the 'it's all about me one), and the lazy leech, Lynn. Tony was sucessful with real estate, but not too long ago, she has sprogged. Maya had a kid from her senior year. Maya yammers on and on about her kid. He is some miracle. Glad to be a moother. blah blah. Each of the these friends are ALWAYS wanting Jone to help them out. NEVER is it about them helping her. I hope in the upcomming shows this fall, that Jone finds some sucessful friends who are just like her.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree that I'm sick and tired of looking like some wierdo, just b/c of a smart and mature decision I've made, of not having kids. I'm not just talking about the media, but also family.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.