Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1367 Tacos & Kids' Food

Posted by CF Scorpio 
CF Scorpio
#1367 Tacos & Kids' Food
May 11, 2006
Ranter, I would have been just as baffled as you. I don't even understand the concept or definition of "kids food". To me, a kid's menu would merely imply that the portions are small. Since when do foods have to be designated "adult food" or kids food"? Is there a legal or a biological/digestive reason that kids can't eat the same damn food as adults?

And FWIW, I've never met a kid that doesn't like tacos. I once made tacos for my ex-BF's 3 finicky kids and they loved it.
Anonymous User
Re: #1367 Tacos & Kids' Food
May 11, 2006
Okay, really, who doesn't like tacos? I mean, it's like pizza, you can put whatever you want on it, so it's customizable to your tastes. Weird moo.
May 11, 2006
I also have yet to meet a kid who didn't like tacos. I also assumed that anything on a kids' menu meant it was served in smaller portions. I mean, I know in some restaurants that serve something more tasteful than fast food, there are kids' menus that serve things like burgers or pizza, because I'm sure kids wouldn't eat certain meals that adults find appealing. Still, how are nachos and tacos not kids' food? What would this woman have considered suitable for her kids to eat? Chicken fingers and macaroni and cheese?
May 11, 2006
I remember as a child how we all loved "taco day" in the school cafeteria...
CFADinNYC
May 11, 2006
Wednesday night is taco night at my home!!! LOL! I even bought taco stands from here:

http://www.wdrake.com/product_detail.aspx?item_no=1011062&position=8&cid=355%7C360&sort=
Sherz
May 11, 2006
Maybe what moo was looking for was a kid's menu with cheaper prices on it. Or, maybe her brats were whining for a meal with a crappy plastic prize in it, to crap up their already dirty house! I've not met a kid who didn't love tacos, either. Picky eaters are ungrateful and annoying.
Anonymous User
May 11, 2006
I worked for a time as a cook for a boys' middle school. I used to set up a *do-it-yourself* taco bar every two weeks or so, and you should have seen these boys wolg that down! There were never any leftovers to clean up and store away.

And, what CF Scorpio said: I don't get this whole *kid food* crap, anyway. If parents would only stop being *sheeple*, and not feed their kids nothing but Kraft mac & cheese, Lunchables, hot dogs, and chicken fingers...and fed their kids whatever the adults were having...the kids would not learn to be so picky.

And I agree with what Sherz said...maybe the moo was loking for a brat menu with cheaper prices. Here's a concept, O Lurking Moos...why not order one adult meal and split it amongst the kids, if they can't eat a full adult portion? It would probably be just as cheap as buying more than one kids meal. And if you only have one kid, you can always take the leftovers home to eat later. I often do that myself when I can't eat the whole portion. Nothing embarassing or shameful about that!

Moos are so stupid!
May 11, 2006
I love tacos. Children should always have a variety of foods. I love that when I was little. No wonder I ended up a really good eater.

lab mom
GreenGrass
May 11, 2006
CFADinNYC, that taco holder is the coolest damn thing I've seen in a long time. I am buying one right now!
CF Uter
May 12, 2006
Well, I know a couple of adults who don't like tacos, so I can't imagine them eating them willingly as a child. Some people just cannot stand mexican spices at all.

But youre right, since all moos let their kyds boss them around about food, I'm starting to see my friends' kids who are really getting older, like in their teens, and they STILL don't like to eat in restaurants that don't have KFC, Taco Bell, or McD's on the facade. I have a divorced dad friend and all his kids are teens now, and he still takes them to eat junk food every week, and when they go on vacation, he can't go to normal restaurants of the area, he has to go to Taco Bell and eat in the hotel room. He generally is a PNB but I didn't even ask him why he just doesn't put his foot down.

I have never seen bigger pussies than our peers who have had kyds. I have tried to convince them, that the kyds won't die if they miss a meal they don't like, or are forced to eat real food whether or not they eat it with a smile, but no one wants to believe me. After all, I'm not a loving moooo, so what do I know?

All I know is they must really resent *their* parents for not taking them to McD's in the 50's, 60's and 70's for every meal and forcing them to eat what was on the plate, even liver. Otherwise, I just don't understand the mindset.
May 12, 2006
B/c your not a loving moo? Like hello, we got enough experience just growing up!

lab mom
I was the person who made the original post...I forgot to put my name on it.
Just to clear a couple things up, the resturant is called "Taco Palace", so it's pretty obvious that tacos will be served, and possibly other mexican food. It's an a'la carte menu, meaning that you order as many or as few tacos as you want (they cost between 2 and 2.95), rice, beans, chips are extra, thusly one could just order 1 taco, and leave it at that. The menu is posted on the wall, as well as several 100 xeroxed copies all over the front area, so there isn't really any need for a mom to come in and ask the entire line "does this place have kids food?" Hey lady, ever hear of an activity called...READING?!

Also, lots of kids now days are so addicted to junk food, it's scary. I was on a family trip with my teenaged cousins which was going pretty well in terms of eating decent food that we either made or had at resturants (not fast food joints) until one of them said, in all seriousness, "if I don't get some Taco Bell, I think I'm going to die". Granted, they're teenagers and prone to over exaggeration, but they were in signifigantly better moods after we stopped for Toxic Hell at lunch that day.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.