Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mother and foul-mouthed toy parrot

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Mother and foul-mouthed toy parrot
March 18, 2009
Have a laugh, from Daily Mail.

When Tina Banks spotted the toy parrot as she browsed for a present for her baby daughter, she thought it was just the thing to brighten up the infant's pushchair.

But as the mother walked home with the cuddly toy strapped on to 11-month-old Roxy's buggy, the parrot began firing off a volley of four-lettered abuse.

The multi-coloured soft toy told her 'I'm going to rip your head off' before squawking 'bugger off' - prompting passers-by to walk away shaking their heads in disgust.

Mrs Banks, a mother-of-four, bought the toy from a discount store near her home in Brighton, East Sussex.

She said: 'It wasn't until we were on our way home that I realised that the parrot spoke.

'For 99p I thought that was a pretty good deal, but then I heard what was coming out of its beak.

'I couldn't quite believe it. As I pushed Roxy along with the parrot on the pushchair it suddenly started speaking and blurted out a swear word.

'The man in front of me turned round and looked at me and walked off in disgust.'

She said the toy - which is usually marketed by online retailers at adults as an office toy - was not properly labelled with no warning over its language and had been displayed in the toy section at the 99 Stores branch.

She said: 'There were lots of them on sale and there was nothing I could see warning that it swore.

'There is enough swearing in the world without having to listen to it coming out of a toy parrot.

'I could not believe what I was hearing. It's awful and I won't be going back to the shop in a hurry.

'I want to warn other people so they don't buy it for their children.'

The toy, which comes with a velcro strap so it can be fastened to a person's arm so it appears to be perched like a real parrot, is programmed to say a variety of phrases when a button is pressed.

These include 'Oi (squawk) What are you staring at?' and Who's a pretty boy then? Not you!'

Hussein Lalani, commercial director of the nationwide 99p Stores chain, said the toy had a label sewn into it which said it was for adults only.

He said: 'I am aware of the toy and I apologise as it should not have been in the toy section.

'I will be speaking to the manager to make sure he puts it into the correct position.

'It is quite clearly labelled that the product is not suitable for children and none of the toys we have are suitable for kids under three-years-old.'

A Brighton and Hove City Council spokeswoman said: 'One of our trading standards officers will be visiting the store and advising the staff to ensure that the parrots are displayed away from the children's toys.

'We will also be checking that the packaging states that these items are not for children and that the product complies with the current toy safety legislation.'

In November, an Asda supermarket worker stunned shoppers by playing a song which repeats an offensive phrase ('F*** you') 16 times.

Killing In The Name by Rage Against The Machine was put on in the entertainment section — next to the toys aisle at the store in Preston, Lancashire.

The retailer later apologised.
Anonymous User
Re: Mother and foul-mouthed toy parrot
March 18, 2009
She looks rather old to have such a young, ugly sproglette, but thanks to the myrakle of modern technology, women can now breed well into their 60s.
March 18, 2009
i am going to get one LOL.. i want one..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 18, 2009
I too will be heading to the 99 cent store for my younger relatives.
March 18, 2009
WAAAAAAAH cry me a river, moomy. Good grief, I'm sure there is a lawsuit brewing, because I'm sure the kid is permanently scarred from hearing the parrot cussing.
March 18, 2009
I remember those parrots from the 1990's. A friend's brother had one. I went by to visit the family before going to work. Oh, we had a blast cussing and making the thing cuss right back. LOL. This family had a grandchild and just told the kid that this was for fun and not to do what the birdie did in public. Some people do have some sense.
Anonymous User
March 18, 2009
Hehe! My 72 MONTH OLD parrot swears up a blue streak! In context! Oh, the horror!!!

I really don't give a shit if people are offended by his language. He's MY bird, and I happen to think it's kind of cute and part of his charm. Mind you, he is generally quiet in front of strangers, often making them wonder if I am lying about having a "talking parrot." Sometimes, however, if he thinks he's alone, he'll practice his swear words.

The "bird" in question in the OP is a TOY. Return it to the store, for crissakes. People find the most stupid things to bitch about.
March 18, 2009

Hehe! My 72 MONTH OLD parrot swears up a blue streak! In context! Oh, the horror!!!

I really don't give a shit if people are offended by his language. He's MY bird, and I happen to think it's kind of cute and part of his charm. Mind you, he is generally quiet in front of strangers, often making them wonder if I am lying about having a "talking parrot." Sometimes, however, if he thinks he's alone, he'll practice his swear words.

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Lemme guess, is he a Grey? They hate to "perform"...hehehe... I'm another bird person and can't wait to be able to get a Grey or Amazon some day. Right now all I can have are my little guys in my place. One day though, I'ma have a swearing Grey!
March 18, 2009
Heehee....I bought one of those while in Vegas. I had loads of fun making him 'talk' whenever there were breeders near us while on the Strip.
CFBitchfromLA
March 18, 2009
The moo has that "rode hard and put away wet" look. The toadler is butt-fugly, like Goddess switched her ass and her face.
March 19, 2009
Jeeezus Goddamn Kee-rist! Grow the fuck UP, lady! You didn't check the bird out for what it says before buying? Oh yeah, you're an IDIOT--everyfucking thing needs to be labelled these days! A little common sense would be nice to see but it seems to be a dying art. If this is the worst thing in your life you have it better than 90%+ of the people on the planet.

Yeah, she looks pretty bad and so does the sprog.

I remember those talk-back-to-you parrots--loved 'em! Once in a while, I would make it cuss and say off-color stuff in the Walgreens just to piss off the breeders and fundies.
March 19, 2009
i am looking for some.. if anyone wants any, let me know and i will try to get some for ya wink

i really love the idea of swearing toys.. (wonders can i replace this speech part with other toys mmm interesting)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 19, 2009
I'd love two or three if you find any, mercurior. Seriously.
March 19, 2009
Hey, thought I would put a link to this up for mercurior and anyone else interested!smiling smiley

Insult/Cussing Parrot!
Anonymous User
March 19, 2009
CFBitchfromLA
The toadler is butt-fugly, like Goddess switched her ass and her face.

Holy shit!! LMAO!!!
Anonymous User
March 22, 2009
Seacreature, BINGO! Yup, he's a Grey. I have two of them. I call my youngest my African Grey Swearrot - he's a mere six years old. My oldest, who is sixteen years old, talks and does tricks. Greys are wonderful birds; their intelligence is astounding! Do your research before bringing a Grey home. As me, if you have any questions. I did research for five years before acquiring my Greys. They can be quite a handfull, but in all honesty, they are so worth it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login