Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BWAA!! Foul-mouthed toy parrot makes moo mad

Posted by CrabCake 
BWAA!! Foul-mouthed toy parrot makes moo mad
March 20, 2009
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_3245933.html?menu=

Foul-mouthed parrot makes mum mad

A Brighton mum has lodged a complaint after she was sold a foul-mouthed toy parrot for her 11-month-old daughter.

Tina Banks, 44, picked out the parrot from the toy section of a 99p Store for her toddler Roxy, reports the Daily Telegraph.

But when she got outside and handed the stuffed toy to her excited daughter, it squawked: "Oi! What are you looking at ----hole." And when she pulled the toy's cord again, it muttered other four-letter insults including: "I'm going to rip your head off and ---- down your neck."

Mrs Banks said: "I bought it because Roxy was throwing a paddy in her pram and I thought the parrot might keep her a little bit quiet.

"But when we got outside and I handed it to her, it came out with these swear words. The worse thing was there was a man in front of us who thought it was aimed at him.

"I went ten shades of red and have never been so embarrassed in my life. When I bought it I didn't realise it spoke, I just thought it was a cuddly toy."

Hussein Lalani, commercial director of 99p Stores, apologised and said it should not have been sold in the toy section of the store.

"It is quite clearly labelled that the product is not suitable for children and none of the toys we have are suitable for kids under three-years-old," he said.

A Brighton and Hove City Council spokesman said: "One of our trading standards officers will be visiting the store and advising the staff to ensure that the parrots are displayed away from the children's toys."

hysterical laughterzwaving hellolariousspewing water due to laughing
Re: BWAA!! Foul-mouthed toy parrot makes moo mad
March 20, 2009
http://www.refugees.bratfree.com/read.php?2,65903
Re: BWAA!! Foul-mouthed toy parrot makes moo mad
March 20, 2009
Excuse the fuck out of me for not reading to the THIRD page of the board to make sure it hadn't already been posted. What is the big deal??
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login