Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AIG Dad says.......

Posted by Lovin Life 
Lovin Life
AIG Dad says.......
March 21, 2009
Read this edition of the NYT's and cry foul! Daddy and Executive of AIG says, stop harrassing me "there are kids involved". Well, maybe you should have thought of "your" children before you accepted money from the government bailout that wasn't intended to pay for your extravagant lifestyle!!! Remember the days of raising children by setting a good example!

The A.I.G. executive who was nicknamed “Jackpot Jimmy” by a New York tabloid walked up the driveway toward his bay-windowed house in Fairfield, Conn., on Thursday afternoon. "How do I feel?” said the executive, James Haas, repeating the question he had just been asked. “I feel horrible. This has been a complete invasion of privacy."

Mr. Haas walked on, his pink shirt a burst of color on a slate-gray afternoon. The words came haltingly. "You have to understand,” he said, “there are kids involved, there have been death threats. ..." His voice trailed off. It looked as if he was fighting back tears.

"I didn’t have anything to do with those credit problems,” said Mr. Haas, 47. “I told Mr. Liddy” — Edward M. Liddy, the chief executive of A.I.G., the insurance giant — “I would rescind my retention contract.”

He ended the conversation with a request: “Leave my neighbors alone.”

Too late. Jean Wieson, who has lived down the block for 24 years, had stopped her car in front of Mr. Haas’s house before he arrived home. She was angry about the millions of dollars in bonuses paid to its executives, the credit-default swaps that brought American International Group to its knees, the $170 billion the federal government has spent to prop it up. "It makes me absolutely sick," she said. "It’s despicable. It’s disgusting what these people have done. They should be forced to give every cent back."

Those bonuses in years past helped make A.I.G. executives into prominent local citizens. They own big houses like Mr. Haas’s, with its three chimneys and its views of Southport Harbor and Long Island Sound in the distance. Some are well-known contributors to arts groups and private schools in Connecticut communities not far from the office park in Wilton that is the workplace of many of the employees in A.I.G.’s Financial Products division, which is at the center of the storm over bonus payments.

Now these executives are toxic, and those communities are rattled and divided. Private security guards have been stationed outside their houses, and sometimes the local police drive by. A.I.G. employees at the company’s office tower in Lower Manhattan were told to avoid leaving the building while a demonstration was going on outside. The memo also advised them to avoid displaying company-issued ID cards when they left the office and to abandon tote bags or other items with the A.I.G. logo.

One A.I.G. executive, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because he feared the consequences of identifying himself, said many workers felt demonized and betrayed. “It is as bad if not worse than McCarthyism,” he said. Everyone has sacrificed the employees of A.I.G.’s financial products division, he said, “for their own political agenda.”

The public’s anger, he said, “is coming from bad facts as a result of someone else’s agenda — or just bad facts period.” Instead, he said, the so-called bonuses were in fact just payments that had been promised long ago to workers, including technical and administrative assistants.

A.I.G. employees are not the only ones seeking protection: An executive at Merrill Lynch, where bonuses have also come under fire, said that some employees had asked whether the firm would cover the cost of private security for them.

Scott Silvestri, a spokesman for Bank of America, which bought Merrill in December, would not respond to that claim, but said in a statement, “The safety and security of our associates is paramount, and we will always take the appropriate steps.”

And there may be more protests. The Connecticut Working Families party, which has support from organized labor, is planning a bus tour of A.I.G. executives’ homes on Saturday, with a stop at the company’s Wilton office.

“We’re going to be peaceful and lawful in everything we do,” said Jon Green, the director of Connecticut Working Families. “I know there’s a lot of anger and a lot of rage about what’s happened. We’re not looking to foment that unnecessarily, but what we want to do is give folks in Bridgeport and Hartford and other parts of Connecticut who are struggling and losing their homes and their jobs and their health insurance an opportunity to see what kinds of lifestyle billions of dollars in credit-default swaps can buy.”

A.I.G. paid the $165 million in bonuses to 463 of its executives, but in the uproar that erupted when the payments were made public, Mr. Liddy asked the employees to return much of that money. He said that many of them have agreed to do so.
Re: AIG Dad says.......
March 21, 2009
Cry me a river, AIG executives! If any of these people had had a conscience, they would have turned down the bonuses. Although I am not family-oriented, I can see why people would feel resentment and betrayal when they are losing just about everything and these pricks and cunts are getting big bonuses. I don't advocate death threats, but I can sure as hell understand WHY people are so pissed off. I think it was completely immoral to take bail-out bail-out money to give these individuals bonuses.
March 21, 2009
"I didn’t have anything to do with those credit problems,” said Mr. Haas, 47.

That's as may be. But WE have a problem with crediting this prick a bonus, when the only reason why he actually still has a desk to sit and wank at every morning is because the taxpayer took pity on his lousy company.

"There are children involved..." (choking with emotion)

Yeah there are children involved. And those little shits are attending private schools, wearing expensive shoes and eating caviar on rye all paid for by daddy's thievery. If they scream and cry because they can't have their usual vacation on Necker Island next year, we're all pretty likely to snort with derision at them and giggle behind our hands. Life's tough, hey. Just wait til their first day at the local state school.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
March 23, 2009
These fuckers should all be beaten to death. It takes the balls the size of Idaho to accept taxpayer money as your bonus. Bunch of cock suckers.

We need a fucking civil war in this country, and what better way to start it than to bludgeon the AIG execs to death as retribution!!!!! LOL
March 23, 2009
I'd be lying if I said that I didn't hope somebody followed through with these threats being made.

As for children being involved? Should have though of that before they robbed the people blind.
March 23, 2009
Not anxious to see the inside of a FEMA camp too quickly myself, but man I feel your pain and anger. It does take some pretty big stones to accept taxpayer bailouts as a bonus. These people are completely lacking in morals, self-control and just plain human decency. I wouldn't be surprised if there is some violence accompanying all this as people are hurting and seeing shit like this and Octowsow only deepens their anger and resentment, which is only too justified.
March 23, 2009
I am with you all. I also look forward to a civil war in this country. I am tired of the greed which has caused so much of this chaos to ensure with the economy. This is what my late-grandmother feared: another Depression. The AIG dad, my thoughts are, "F'him and his d@mn kids." I. Do. NOT. Care! This piece of dung should have thought about the values and ethics he was NOT imparting on his children before taking all of this money after the TAXPAYERS bailed AIG out. I am far from advocating what my fellow fanatic religionists do as I am against terror and their sick ways because it is a violent form of blackmail but I understand why these threats are being made as Merlyn mentioned. People are getting tired of the rich getting richer by taking from what is left of the middle-class. I am also with Amethyst about the little turds and their gushy lifestyle. I bet these same kids would be cruel to poorer children. I hope the AIG children end up with NOTHING! Like my mom would say, "Tell me how you really feel, Muslimah!"
March 23, 2009
AngryReptileKeeper
I'd be lying if I said that I didn't hope somebody followed through with these threats being made.

As for children being involved? Should have though of that before they robbed the people blind.

Thank-you...I feel the same way. Thank you
March 23, 2009
Just knowing who the people "with kids involved" are would make it all the more fun to harrass and threaten these assholes, watch them turn inside out with fear and panic over the thought of somebody hurting their pweshus widdle snowfwake. LMAO I'd call them and threaten the kids, just to have some fun.
March 23, 2009
Yeah it would be great for a lark. Just make sure you do it from payphones.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login