Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I guess they'll live on love

Posted by Dorisan 
I guess they'll live on love
March 22, 2009
Or at least that's the fatuous tone to this letter. I doubt if the advice even gets through to the grandmoo-to-be. I sometimes wonder at these advice columnists - they must know they are talking to thin air with some of these people. Must be frustrating

DEAR ABBY: My daughter, "Heidi," is 17 and pregnant. She is going to an alternative high school and doing well. My daughter is proactive about her pregnancy and excited about the new baby. This will be my first grandchild, and I am excited too.

My problem is, when I express my joy, others act like I am crazy for being happy. At a baptism in church, I told my husband how happy I will be when our grandson is baptized and that I can't wait until he's born. He responded that he is not excited at all because of the expense and upheaval this new addition will cause.

I know there will be hardships with a new baby. We don't have much room in our house, and a new member will bring some burden. I do not have my head in the clouds -- but when I see the ultrasound image and hear that heartbeat, I am filled with joy.

Am I wrong to be happy? And if not, what can I say to people who tell me I am? -- PROUD ALMOST-GRANDMA

DEAR ALMOST: You are entitled to your happiness. However, please understand that unwed teen mothers and their children can face challenges, and this may be what people are alluding to when they seem to question your joy.

Frankly, I am troubled by the fact that nowhere in your letter have you mentioned how your daughter plans to raise her son, how she will provide for him, whether she plans to complete her education, what the involvement of the baby's father will be emotionally and financially, or whether she will need aid from the state. Nor have you mentioned what the impact of the new arrival will have on your marriage.

That's why, although your heart is filled with joy, you need to look ahead with your eyes wide open -- and that's what I am advising.
Re: I guess they'll live on love
March 22, 2009
I advise the mother to give her little whore an ultimatum...either abort or she can get the fuck out. If she's adult enough at 17 to have a baby, then *clearly* she must be grown up enough to get emancipated, move out, get her own place, make her own money and care for her own baby. Right? No?

But that would take a mind and a backbone, neither of which this Moo has. Hope she's ready to care for her grandchild full-time for her ungrateful daughter who will go on living normally. TeenMoo is excited because she knows she won't have to pay for the kid - she assumes/knows her momma won't let the kid be given up or neglected, so Momma jumps in and saves the day.
March 22, 2009
Cows at any age aren't known for brains. Even Duh can see exactly where this is headed. This is a great example of how women perpetuate their own special kind of Hell, generation after generation.

- - - - - - - -
"The death of creativity is a pram in the hallway"
- Cyril Connolly
March 22, 2009
Another child born into poverty with no father in sight. Great! That's certainly something to be delighted about!

Idiot grandmoo.
March 22, 2009
four words " alternative high school" and "proactive" are all you need to read..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 22, 2009
Dorisan
Or at least that's the fatuous tone to this letter. I doubt if the advice even gets through to the grandmoo-to-be. I sometimes wonder at these advice columnists - they must know they are talking to thin air with some of these people. Must be frustrating

_______________-
DEAR ABBY: My daughter, "Heidi," is 17 and pregnant. She is going to an alternative high school and doing well. My daughter is proactive about her pregnancy and excited about the new baby. This will be my first grandchild, and I am excited too.

My problem is, when I express my joy, others act like I am crazy for being happy. At a baptism in church, I told my husband how happy I will be when our grandson is baptized and that I can't wait until he's born. He responded that he is not excited at all because of the expense and upheaval this new addition will cause.

I know there will be hardships with a new baby. We don't have much room in our house, and a new member will bring some burden. I do not have my head in the clouds -- but when I see the ultrasound image and hear that heartbeat, I am filled with joy.

Am I wrong to be happy? And if not, what can I say to people who tell me I am? -- PROUD ALMOST-GRANDMA

DEAR ALMOST: You are entitled to your happiness. However, please understand that unwed teen mothers and their children can face challenges, and this may be what people are alluding to when they seem to question your joy.

Frankly, I am troubled by the fact that nowhere in your letter have you mentioned how your daughter plans to raise her son, how she will provide for him, whether she plans to complete her education, what the involvement of the baby's father will be emotionally and financially, or whether she will need aid from the state. Nor have you mentioned what the impact of the new arrival will have on your marriage.

That's why, although your heart is filled with joy, you need to look ahead with your eyes wide open -- and that's what I am advising.

Kick the breederling out. Sounds like she needs a hard life-lesson, and she's not going to learn it by having mommy and daddy coddling her skanky ass. Better yet, she should be coerced into an abortion or, if it's too late for parasite removal, forced to give it up for adoption.
March 22, 2009
A sparkling GOLDEN BOYSPROG is coming this way and ALL reality flies out the window for this old hag.eye rolling smiley
walflower
March 22, 2009
In my mind, this right here is an excellent reason not to have kids. You may think to yourself, "Oh, I'll just have 1." But then, 15, 16, maybe 17 years later, what's to say your "1" won't turn into "2" (or heaven forbid, more...) You can teach your kids all you want, but in the end, they're the ones making decisions that could have huge ramifications for you. I have known far too many women who got saddled, somehow or other, with unanticipated/unwelcome responsibilities toward their offsprings' offspring. The grandma is all excited because she hasn't really thought the matter through carefully. Grandad is upset because he has.
CFBitchfromLA
March 22, 2009
Grandmoo does not have her head in the clouds. Instead, she has her head in her ass and does not see the trouble the shitloaf and delinquent daughter will bring into their house.

I say force the teenbrat to give up the baybee for adoption and then tag her with Norplant.
March 23, 2009
Dear Almost:

Your daughter is a whore and should have an abortion. She's an abomination to all the teenage girls everywhere and the reason that women are STILL having trouble being treated equally in a number of situations. You are living with your head in your ass. Get a clue, then a grip on reality.

Cheers!

Abby
March 23, 2009

Dear Almost:

Your daughter is a whore and should have an abortion. She's an abomination to all the teenage girls everywhere and the reason that women are STILL having trouble being treated equally in a number of situations. You are living with your head in your ass. Get a clue, then a grip on reality.

Cheers!

Abby

HAHA! Right ON!
Anonymous User
March 24, 2009
CFBitchfromLA
Grandmoo does not have her head in the clouds. Instead, she has her head in her ass and does not see the trouble the shitloaf and delinquent daughter will bring into their house.

I say force the teenbrat to give up the baybee for adoption and then tag her with Norplant.

I think the same. If the daughter is adult enough for reproductive activities, she may take full responsibility and deal with the problem, freeing her parents from shame and collateral burdens.
March 24, 2009
walflower
In my mind, this right here is an excellent reason not to have kids. You may think to yourself, "Oh, I'll just have 1." But then, 15, 16, maybe 17 years later, what's to say your "1" won't turn into "2" (or heaven forbid, more...)

Heh. Case in point: my mother-in-law. Two sons, one of whom is childfree. You'd think two or three grandkids, maybe 6 or 7 greats? Hah. My BIL and his wife produced 5 kids. From those five, I think they are up to 17 kids in the next generation (so far). One of those kids became a father, at 17. So, from my MIL, with one child-producing son, she has five grandkids; ~17 great-grandkids; one great-great grandkid. It's almost like having guppies for a family :hs
March 24, 2009
Yes, you are wrong to be happy, as things progress and more and more of this bimbo's problems become yours. Congrats.
March 24, 2009
Sigh, I met a woman like that, too, but she was divorced and pretty much broke. Her ex, who did not seem like a bad guy, had remarried. The teen daughter lived with them until she got pregnant. The father was smart and said he was not going to deal with a sixteen-year-old daughter who insisted on having a baby and quitting school. It would be too much for him and his marriage. So, the mother thinks it is wonderful and takes her in. Mind you, the mother lives in subsidized housing. I heard the "we will live on love" nonsense. What is sadder is the gaggle of women who crowed how this woman was going to be a grandmother as if this had never been done before. I do not understand why everyone thinks it is so wonderful when some dumb teen chick is going to have a baby. I agree with KidFree on how the girl needs to abort. The husband of the lady who wrote is the smart one knowing the chaos this baby will cause.
March 24, 2009
Or maybe god will provide.

Mmmm, yea, that's always my favorite.
March 25, 2009
Where can I find this "love" that so many breeders live on? While I feel I have plenty of love in my life, I find that they do not accept it as payment at the grocery store, vets office, doctors office, electric company or gas station.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
March 25, 2009
Wrong kind of "love", Feh. :sx
March 25, 2009
"At a baptism in church, I told my husband how happy I will be when our grandson is baptized and that I can't wait until he's born. He responded that he is not excited at all because of the expense and upheaval this new addition will cause."

GrandMoo to Be sounds like an infant herself. Dud is the realist here and he sees the writing on the wall: he's likely been busting his ass his whole life to take care of Moo and the daughter. Now when the daughter is an age where he could be seeing his freedom, he's got another mouth to feed and the cycle begins anew.

No wonder he's so "gloomy" about the situation. His wallet is financing the deal. If GrandMoo had half a brain, she's see her Golden Years will be nothing more than a giant Golden Shower, because her daughter will be pissing all over her and telling her it's raining.

Cambion, you were right on the money:

"TeenMoo is excited because she knows she won't have to pay for the kid - she assumes/knows her momma won't let the kid be given up or neglected, so Momma jumps in and saves the day."
March 26, 2009
So true about the father being the wallet. I worked with a young woman who actually was put out of her wealthy parents' home when she got knocked up as a teen. The boy was a little punk as usual. My co-worker worked two jobs and lived in a very bad part of town. Her parents made it clear how they would help every now and then financially but the daughter was going to have to deal with this on her own due to making bad choices. The parents were not about to have an infant and unmarried daughter in their home disrupting their lives. There were the blabberings of how cruel the rich parents were to their daughter. It is their money and lives. If more people did this, there would be a drop in teenagers giving birth. This was well over 15 years ago. I bet the single mother wished she had gotten the abortion since working two jobs (one as a waitress) was not the nirvana she thought this life would be after Bad Boy left.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login