Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Update on my pregnant teenage coworker

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Update on my pregnant teenage coworker
March 22, 2009
First off, I'd like to thank everyone for giving me such good advice regarding my teenage coworker, H. grinning smiley

I came in this morning and went straight to H's till (she was in before me and Sundays are always dead so I had time to talk) and apologised for my less-than-positive reaction yesterday. I went on to say that I was worried about her and that if she needed anyone to confide in to come to me because I've had a few pregnancy scares myself.

She wasn't offended at all, in fact, she was relieved to find someone willing to be honest. Only her boyfriend knows and he doesn't want it; she doesn't want it either because she wants to finish school and college before she settles down. Following the advice you all gave me, I told her that she needs to tell her mum and her boyfriends mum - sooner rather than later - and reminded her that at this stage she shouldn't feel guilty about abortion because for the first few months it's just a clump of cells.

I gave her my cell phone number, asked her to keep me updated and contact me anytime she needs an 'experienced' opinion (well, experienced in not getting pregnant and knowing the bitter truth about teen motherhood and motherhood in general).

I just wanna thank you for being here for me friendly hug
You're awesome!

It sounds like she really needs some support from an understanding adult right now. Thanks for looking out for her and offering your help. I'll bet she appreciates it more than you'll ever know.
Re: Update on my pregnant teenage coworker
March 22, 2009
Soulie, assuming she gets the abortion, your coworker will be thanking you all the time for many years becasue she can resume having the life she was hoping to have (finish school, go to college, etc.).

Congrats to you for being there. smiling smiley

"I thank god I'm an atheist!" -- Mike "Meathead" Stivic (from All in the Family)
Anonymous User
March 22, 2009
Just be very careful about what, exactly, you say to her if she asks for more advice. This could turn out fine or it could blow up in your face. You know that saying, "no good deed goes unpunished." I am not trying to rain on your parade. I'm just saying, caution is of utmost importance in this situation. Teen moo's (actually, all teens) are very fickle. She may like you today and then change her mind, tomorrow. Like someone said in the other thread, you don't want angry teen moo parents bitching about you to your boss.
March 24, 2009
Kaye
Just be very careful about what, exactly, you say to her if she asks for more advice. This could turn out fine or it could blow up in your face. You know that saying, "no good deed goes unpunished." I am not trying to rain on your parade. I'm just saying, caution is of utmost importance in this situation. Teen moo's (actually, all teens) are very fickle. She may like you today and then change her mind, tomorrow. Like someone said in the other thread, you don't want angry teen moo parents bitching about you to your boss.

Sadly, this is true too- she could go ahead, have the procedure and then turn around and accuse you of advising her to kill her baybee.
March 24, 2009
Rose Red
Kaye

Sadly, this is true too- she could go ahead, have the procedure and then turn around and accuse you of advising her to kill her baybee.

I am in total agreement. I am very pro-abortion but know too well how many young girls act from seeing the attitudes. What is worse is when a girl/woman will abort and then turn around to have an 'atonement' baby for aborting the first one. Be careful...
March 24, 2009
thats why i said do pros and cons,, and then decide.. that way you cant be blamed.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 24, 2009
mercurior
thats why i said do pros and cons,, and then decide.. that way you cant be blamed.

I did that years ago. The teen (friend's daughter) decided to have her married lover's baby. It was a disaster. The man ended up beating her. She got pregnant again but had an abortion and came home. I would wish the girl had the first abortion but it was not my choice. We cannot 'save' everyone from themselves. Your post is right on.
March 24, 2009
all you can do is point the way.. and let them make their own choice..

i beleive that knowledge lets your make the right choice.. the more knowledge the more certain your choice will be..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login