Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

first physical threats times two and now sexual harassament- the life of a teacher

Posted by Anonymous User 
About a month ago- I had two physical threats in one day by middle two students. One of them expelled, and the other removed from my room - but I see him in the hall.
Friday, I was teaching my class about the food guide pyramid(which is a load of crap anyway) and I expressed to my class of 42 -14 year olds that as my throat was hoarse and sore due to spring cold, this was as loud as I could talk. Kid shouts to room : "the reason her throat is sore is because she swallows to much" laughs and thinks he is so cool. Of course I scared the living tar out of him, sent him to dean. But It won't matter, this so much less than my two death threats. I am sure he will be back in my room monday.
Yet, my mother in law at mothers day breakfast had the nerve to get mad at me for not wanting to bring a child into the world. Said that all I needed was to give it love, and the rest would all work out. Yep, my life just worked out, I am stuck in a job for at least another year that I hate, in a city that sucks, and no extra money to travel as I dreamed my life would be. Yep, that love helped me all right. Helped me be a slave to others peoples children, just to pay my bills. And all this kid needed was love right? It did him good, I am sure he will be a jem to society in four years- gosh this world is messed up!
This is exactly what I said on the Rant Page about feminist mothers being full of it when they claim they will raise feminist sons! Boys are taught from the time their mothers pop them out that they have a special entitlement to abuse females. Society teaches male children that women have no value. "Feminist" mothers will often give her sons more privileges than their daughters due to them being boys. Boys often abuse their sisters and get off lightly at home since the girls are told they are "too sensitive". People of both genders still laugh at horrible sexist jokes and rape jokes are too common. If a woman complains, she is told that "she cannot take a joke."

Halen, I have heard too many female teachers deal with sexual harassment from boys as young as six or seven! I was working a call center -- the account is no more -- where we dealt with crank calls all day long because of the toll-free number aired on the commercial for those with questionable credit trying to get auto loans. At first, I was upset that the account was gone. Now, I think it is a good thing. Even though the teenage or pre-teen perps would be off the phone before a minute was up, it was awful for me and other women to constantly have to hear, "Suck my d*ck, you f*cking c*nt/b*tch/wh*re/etc!" How females are threatened and abused is the same how bigots target people of other nationalities.
Halen, I feel for you like you wouldn't believe. That little disrespectful bastard! When you go to college to become a teacher, they fail to tell you how horrid some children can be. They neglect to inform you of the social issues that you will be forced to deal with, or the physical, and emotional stress and strain you will endure. My advice to you, is to get out of teaching as soon as you can. I put up with it for 15 years, and at this point can never see myself going back. It takes a toll on you physically, and emotionally. I taught at an elementary school in a suburban area where I always had a weird mix of rich yuppie kids, and poor white trash townie kids. The wide socioeconimic gap still had the common denominator of parents that NEVER think their children do anything wrong. There were so many disrespectful kids at that school, and trying to punish them without the support of the admin. staff was a joke. The daily abuse from shitty kids and their even shittier parents is not worth it! Teaching is the best birth control in the world. Who can blame you for not wanting children of you own after seeing such examples. Get out of there while you still have your health, and sanity!
You know, Halen, you could probably file a civil suit against that little bastard. Are you a member of a teacher's union? Damn him!
That little puke is so disgusting - wonder where he learned that from? I'm sorry you have to deal with this crap.
Thank you all for your support. It sure feels good to vent somewhere and not be told how I need to be kind to the kid or consider where he is coming from or some other studip ass breeder comment.

We are hurting our youth, the world will kick them in the teeth in a few short years and no one will care that he came for a bad home or has a hard time with peers.

I am on my way out. Just one more year. I do hope that goes well. Last thursday afterschool we were all locked in the cafe area because there was some 14 year old out there with a gun.

The kid with the crass mouth was in my room the next day, as I guessed would happen. It took two more days of me sending him out to the dean to get a response. Now hold on to your hats.
All they did was call daddy and tell him not to do it. He is special ed. so he can only have do many days out by law, and this was not bad enough to get him 3 day suspension.

I know- I should fight it, stand up- yell scream. But you know what kids have worn me out. My fight is else where, and all I want to do is collect my money and leave when I get my masters. The school system is broke, and so is society. But someone some where said and still says to mom and dad, you are such good parents to little crass mouth.

Sad thing is, I look like the one in the wrong, kid has just an attitude, like I should not have even reacted. Little jerk. I let it be know to him each day, that I have no respect for him, and will do nothing extra period. I know that most would say, oh its a new day, we need to show the kids understanding.

I am completely out of that now, just hanging in until like changes the direction of my pay check.
Thanks so much for all the support and kind words, you all are the best.
I understand where you are coming from. I was in that exact place of not wanting to start any extra arguments about 4 years ago. You start feeling that YOU will be the one in trouble if you try to discipline the child.

Call me really hateful, but I love to see life take care of these little bastards. Whatever crappy situation their horrible behavior places them in, so be it. I hope their horrid parents suffer,too.

Too many people use their bad home life as an excuse for bad behavior. Many think we're cruel people for not feeling sorry for children like this. I know I've become totally jaded when it comes to bad homelife sob stories. Some other teachers don't understand either--I worked with a few that were complete bleeding hearts for these brats, especially those with a special ed label. That's why I love this site. The people here don't think we're horrible for not liking kids.

Hang in there, Halen. THank God the school year is nearly over. Run and don't look back!
Sherz-
I really appreciate your kind words. Only people that have been in the trenches understand the true pain of teaching. I am happy that you got out.

I do agree that other bleeding heart teachers and others do not understand that the only pleasure I get is with the knowing that some day the police will slamm that kid on to the hood of their patrol car( I actually see it clearly in my minds eye- broken teeth-blood and all), for thinking their little mouths are cute and can say what ever. But that is so mean of me, but, they will not back me up in class- I have to take every last cuss word, insurbordination- and the like.

These kids are crazy today, we have let them run wild, and our society will suffer. People do not understand how screwed we are with the kids that are coming up now and will enter the work force soon.

Teaching, hurts the soul, it makes you see parts of people you never want to see. And you know you are really seeing it because kids are not good enough at hiding their true self yet.
I do think it is parents, but it is bigger than that. We want to keep them kids way to long, we baby them, give them false self esteem for doing nothing. They all figure the doors to wealth and riches will open just because they breath.
These parents are so lost, so far gone they drop off their kid, drive off in the Lincon Navigator- to an at risk school. You see clearly at that moment what they value.

I think that when I started teaching, I was going to be a parent, mostly due to the fact I did everything everone said I should do. But the longer I taught, the more I knew that I did not have it in me. All those parent/teacher conferences did not look fun to me. How blind I would be to think that would not happen to me. I have teachers kids in each class period.

I tried to Email you a private message, but I was unable to. I would love to talk to another teacher, that taught, lived, and did not breed.
I put your Sherz in the name box, but it said it could not find you.

Anyway- thanks
Hey Halen,

I kept my email private because of natural teacher paranoia! It clearly identifies my name, and I am on my county's payroll until August so I can keep my insurance until then. I know the chance is one in a million that any of the child lovers I work with would find me on here child and parent bashing, but just to be on the safe side I've kept it private. I'll get a yahoo address, and post it.

Venting here is so theraputic! ONe of the hardest parts of teaching is the constant faking you have to do day in and day out. I wish they would have told me in college about all of the behavioral, and social issues associated with teaching. They keep all of that quiet to trap the unsuspecting! It feels great to just say exactly what you think instead of always sugar-coating it to sound nice.
I think schools need to install security cameras that record a full day's events - EVERYWHERE. No, not for the protection of the cock-sucking spoiled little fuck trophies, but for the protection of the teachers who are clearly the ones abused in today's school system.
I've often said that, too, KFLL. The only problem would be that the parents would demand access to the tapes every time there is a problem with their lil' darling. Instead of seeing the shitty behavior of their kids, they would pick apart everything the teacher does and says, and try to get the teacher in trouble.
I have been threatened more than six times in the past two years for bad grades given to students, disagreements over homework assignments and other trivial matters. I had one disgusting, snotty punk send me threatening email telling me that I was going to be raped if I did not comply with his demands to be given a higher grade. He was expelled and prosecuted for terroristic threats and is now serving a two year prison sentence.

I take these threats seriously and immediately inform campus security. They contact the local police and other investigators and will prosecute as appropriate. Being a rape victim myself in my teens, I take no chances and will fight back to the best of my ability.

Professor, I am glad this terrorist punk did get expelled and prosecuted for threatening to rape you. Threats of sexual assault are not often taken seriously. The women are told they are making a big deal over nothing. I am glad I was forced to change jobs when one call center I worked lost an account regarding auto loans. Once the commercial aired, teen boys would crank call the toll-free number saying such things as, "Suck my dick, you f**king wh*re/c*nt/b*tch/etc." Granted, we were off the call in less than a minute but it still got under my skin despite my years doing customer service work. I am back at an outsourced call center doing wireless work. I would rather deal with people b*tch about their cell bills over some punk making sexual threats. New "old" job is going very well.
Here's what's going on in our City of Brotherly Love, folks.

http://www.nbc10.com/news/9228680/detail.html
Wow, KFLL, that was an interesting article. The administration often likes to pretend that their isn't a problem. THey like everything to look good on paper, like a low number of suspensions, and ignore what's actually occuring in the schools, unless a parent fusses.

Not far from my area, yesterday, a teacher was arrested for stabbing a student in wrist. It was in a bad area, and I'm sure he had been pushed to the limit. They were interviewing students and parents about it, and many said violence among students was a huge problem at that particular school. One parent said he didn't blame the teacher, because some of the kids there were so violent. I don't blame him either. Things have gotten so bad with today's kids that I'm expecting to hear about another Columbine, but this time with a teacher doing the shooting. I'm damn glad to be out of the trenches!
And Sherz, it's a total shame that those dirt bag bastards drove you out of your livlihood. A livlihood you worked very hard to get, and one that is extremely rewarding when you are in a good school. I'm so sick of other people ruining things for everyone else. You are right, one day we'll hear of another Columbine but it will be the teachers. Oh how I will praise that day!!!!!! LOL
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.