Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr. Laura said something sane!!!

Posted by B. Waterhouse 
B. Waterhouse
Dr. Laura said something sane!!!
March 26, 2009
Hey, everybody, check out the most recent post at www.drlaurablog.com. Dr. Laura actually takes on the sacred "right" of all mothers to breastfeed wherever they want, as uncovered as they want. She acknowledges that she breastfed her son on demand, but says she always kept covered up because she understood she had no right to disturb others in church, at restaurants, etc. She writes: "Exposing yourself in full view of potentially unwilling onlookers is less about bonding and feeding and more about exhibitionism or disrespect for others, or an attitude that nobody else in the world matters." Wow! If a right-wing, pro-life, all-mothers-must-be-SAHMs can say this, there may be some hope for the world. Her supporters must be in shock.
Re: Dr. Laura said something sane!!!
March 26, 2009
Good. Who wants to see Dr. Laura making love to bonding with her kyd?
March 27, 2009
Good. It took enough moo-ing about BF'ing her baybee and all that bullshit to get to the point. What was that all about? Prolly presenting her credentials (meaning, "I'm just like the rest of you ladies. I BREASTFED my baybee. Aren't I just so spayshul?").
March 27, 2009
I don't agree with everything she says, but I used to listen to her all the time because I liked the way she took people to task for their own decisions in an uber-Judge Judy manner.
March 27, 2009
JJ rocks.
B. Waterhouse
March 27, 2009
Come on, people, she HAD to establish her bf credentials, otherwise none of the moos would take her seriously. What matters is her point: you can be obsessed with bf, but if you have to flash your boobs to do it, you're really just obsessed with yourself.
March 27, 2009
What Dr L says for the most part is sense. She has to deal with what is, not what ought to be ("some mistakes cannot be fixed").

Reading between the lines one can glean information. Listening to the train wrecks, there are times I would simply say 'screw the rest of the family', or whatever. But when a caller insists on snuffling around jackasshole relatives all she can do is give advice to try and blunt the problem. (Just an example.)

My own POV when you read that many guys just want to arty-party, be a bachelor, are irresponsible, etc the conclusion is to marry someone who demonstrates responsibility, and if (OH GAWD) wants kid and will be there for the moo and child. What you see on JJ, Dr, L, and others are people who picked elephants and expected them to turn into lap dogs. That is the best way of putting it.

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login