Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone read Albert Mohler?

Posted by Dorisan 
Anyone read Albert Mohler?
March 26, 2009
Deliberate Childlessness: Moral Rebellion With a New Face

The guy writes of the CF as if we are such a scandal! I mean, we actually dare to organize and form our own social communities. Heaven forfend! The horror - oh the horror! :hs

Some who have chosen to be childless have actually formed organizations in order to band together.

We're a plague! A holocaust! The world is going to end because there are some who dare to not be fruitful and multiply!

Morally speaking, the epidemic in this regard ...

Further...

Marriage, sex, and children are part of one package. To deny any part of this wholeness is to reject God's intention in creation

Oh yeah? Watch me. Hee hee hee.

The sexual revolution has had many manifestations, but we can now see that modern Americans are determined not only to liberate sex for marriage [and even from gender], but also from procreation.

Jealous much? I bet he screws his wife through a hole in the sheet. :sx

But the fact remains that though childlessness may be made possible by the contraceptive revolution, it remains a form of rebellion against God's design and order.

We're all just James Deans at heart. SEXY|
|
|
|

|
|
|

|
|
|

|
|
|

|
|
|

|
|
|

|
|
|

Couples are not given the option of chosen childlessness in the biblical revelation. To the contrary, we are commanded to receive children with joy as God's gifts, and to raise them in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

Yeah. Whatever. [YAWN]

We are to find many of our deepest joys and satisfactions in the raising of children within the context of the family.

Tell that to ... oh... people like this Women Who Kill Their Children

This epidemic of chosen childlessness will not be corrected by secular rethinking.

Yeah, I know. I bet you read "The Handmaid's Tale" from a whole different view and are taking notes. Piker angry flipping off

Children, of course, do represent a serious constraint on the life of parents.

No shit, Sherlock. Breeders bleat that refrain allll the time. Some of us are smart enough to pay attention.

Legal fights over apartment complexes and other accommodations come down to the claim that adults ought to be able to live in a child-free environment.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Anyone else see anything wrong with that?

Without doubt, children do impose themselves upon our creature comforts, waking us up in the middle of the night with demanding needs and inconvenient interruptions. Parents learn all too quickly that children are not only the smiling cherub sleeping in the crib, but also the dirty-faced preschooler, the headstrong teenager, and the boisterous grade-schooler.

Second verse, same as the first .....

The church must help this society regain its sanity on the gift of children.

Translation: we must meddle in politics to force our views on every person, no matter that they believe in the Big Sky Kahuna or not. We must strip women of their reproductive freedoms, force our bogus sex programs on every school child, and do our best to offshore our ideals to foreign countries.

NEWSFLASH! we voted that bum crew out a few months ago. Maybe a trace of sanity will return in regards to those policies.

That is just the way it is. No kidding.

Ummm hmmm. And no kidding is how we will go merrily along. I hope you choke on that, Albert Breeder Maximus Mohler.
Anonymous User
Re: Anyone read Albert Mohler?
March 27, 2009
There is nothing new under the sun. What may we expect from such a pharisee? As long as all these fundamentalists and religious zealots keep thinking that way, it means we are on the right path. And they complain when some people describe religions as the greatest social evil... shrug
March 27, 2009
Typical fundie shitbag bible-thumper. And I have news for the asshole: keep pushing that "be fruitful and multiply" shit and your kyds will rebel. He'd proll HATE DH and me being a same sex couple and CF. Neither of us ever had any, wanted any and will ever have any. Dig, shithead? What part of that do you not understand, Al?

And yes, we DO want CF housing because of breeders who will not control their brats and teach them common decency and good matters. Remember "spare the rod and spoil the chyld", dipshit?
CF Uter
March 27, 2009
I know statistically we are a growing group but if this is an epidemic, where are all my CF friends IRL?

I have friends that may be CL and are so totally ok w/ that, but one maybe two, who have said to me, "Me and Bob choose not to have kids." and I'm like, "me too!" or some other CF friends but it is somewhat easier for them because they are single and not in a long term committed relationship. Some ended up w/ step kids and that sometimes makes the sheeple STFU too. I have none of that, I'm not barren (well, now I am), not single, not a step mom.

If it is an epidemic, I should be invited to a lot more fun parties sans brats, but I'm not.

This is no epidemic.
March 27, 2009
Once he starts in with all the religious crap, I quickly scrolled down to see where that would end. It didn't. Big surprise!

As an atheist, I can very easily tune out any argument about any issue in which the arguer starts mentioning the bible or any other religious document to "prove" his point.

If I quoted "Alice in Wonderland" to try to prove my point in an argument ("I say this is is true because the book, 'Alice in Wonderland' says it is true"), I would get laughed at, and rightfully so. So why does a piece of fiction such as the bible or any other religious document get a free pass??

"I thank god I'm an atheist!" -- Mike "Meathead" Stivic (from All in the Family)
March 27, 2009
I wouldn't doubt this guy is a pedophile

- The human gene pool could use a little chlorine
Anonymous User
March 27, 2009
deegee
If I quoted "Alice in Wonderland" to try to prove my point in an argument ("I say this is is true because the book, 'Alice in Wonderland' says it is true"), I would get laughed at, and rightfully so. So why does a piece of fiction such as the bible or any other religious document get a free pass??

This is precisely something I have always thought about the three big monotheistic religions. Why do I have to believe the Bible, the Qur'an and the Torah and not the legends and traditions of the other religions? For thousands of years people believed in other gods, you name them: Thor, Morrigan, Lug, Horus, Vishnu, Kukulkan... They had their laws and rules as well and, as deegee points out, what would happen if I quoted the Lebor Gabála Érenn, the Vedas or the Norse Eddas to prove my point?
March 27, 2009
m4p
I wouldn't doubt this guy is a pedophile

and a douchebag to boot.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login