Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

brat starts fire that nearly kills cat- fuck you, parents

Posted by Rose Red 
brat starts fire that nearly kills cat- fuck you, parents
March 29, 2009
Cat's life is saved, thanks to a gift

By Kim Hackett

"If she keeps eating well, she can come home" soon from the animal hospital, said Jodie Saylor Leonard, whose young son started the fire that put the 6-year-old white and grey feline in peril.

Daisy was grabbed by a firefighter from a smoky room and revived with a kit donated two years ago by Venice resident Mary Horlick. Her son started a foundation to provide the equipment -- three special oxygen masks that fit to animals' snouts, from a kitten to a Great Dane -- free to fire departments.

Daisy's drama started Sunday afternoon after Leonard's 4-year-old son, Asa, snatched a lighter from the lanai of their Alba Avenue East home and started playing with it on the trundle bed in his room.

The blankets caught fire and Asa pushed the trundle under his bed, hoping to snuff out the flames. When that did not work, he slammed his door and ran outside, where his mother was mowing.

Asa's sister, Emily, 5, did not understand the fuss as her mother and father, Jon, frantically rounded up the two turtles, two dogs and two cats and pulled her out of the house.

No one could find Daisy.

Firefighter Scott Blanchard reached around Asa's smoke-filled room and grabbed what felt like a stuffed animal.

It was Daisy, and she was not breathing.

Firefighters took the cat to an ambulance and applied the snout-fitting mask, attached to the same oxygen tanks used for people.

The masks have been in both the deputy chief and battalion's cars since 2007. "It's the first time the situation has come up," said department spokesman Jerry Collins.

Daisy has been recovering at the Englewood Animal Hospital.

Asa's clothes and toys were destroyed, and he has endured relentless teasing from Emily, Saylor Leonard said.

"He now wants to be a fireman," Saylor Leonard said.

Through a special fund, the Venice Fire Department paid for the family to stay at a local motel for three days while smoke and water damage in Asa's bedroom was cleaned. The rest of the house was not damaged.

"It's nice to have success stories," Horlick said.
Re: brat starts fire that nearly kills cat- fuck you, parents
March 29, 2009
God, I HATE littleshitbags like thi!. And precious animals like Daisy have to go through this sort of thing because of a little bastard who decided to play with fire.ALL those animals should be taken from the breeders and given to home where they will have a high expectation of safety. I suspect the little fucker has been raised by the GD method, so if he was told not to play with fire (and that would be a HUGE assumtion where breeders are concerned), the little semen demon didn't understand what no means. If I had started a fire that nearly killed our family dog, I would have got beat within an inch of my life--no, actually, I would have gotten beaten within the proverbial inch of my life even if no one, animal or human, would have been in harm's way. spanking with a whip on the ass spanking with a whip on the assspanking with a whip on the ass spanking with a whip on the ass spanking with a whip on the ass

I think it's wonderful though that the masks exists and that that gentleman has seen fit to set up the foundation to provide them to fire departments.
March 29, 2009
Teasing is all that kid got? Like Merlyn says, kid's ass should have been red!
March 29, 2009
Techie

The brat's ass--and the rest of him--should have been burned like a well-done burger or steak!

The cat should go to a better home away from the boy terror and out of harm's way.

Keep working more hours, CF people! Millions of breeders depend on us.
March 29, 2009
catmeow
Techie

The brat's ass--and the rest of him--should have been burned like a well-done burger or steak!

The cat should go to a better home away from the boy terror and out of harm's way.

That's what Mr, Red said.
March 29, 2009
fire starting is one of the 10 signs of a serial killer to be..

or an arsonist..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 29, 2009
Someone know where to find these masks?
March 29, 2009
http://www.petmask.com/

here you are tom

Each pet oxygen mask set costs $55 and includes three size; small, medium and large. One set can help revive dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits, guinea pigs, even birds. We are also purchasing padded emergency equipment cases for $15 to store the mask kits. That makes a complete kit $70 plus shipping, which we also pay for. There is no expense what so ever to the department receiving the mask kits and we do not charge any handling or processing fees

where they get theirs from

http://www.surgivet.com/

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 30, 2009
The little bastard should be beaten to death.
March 30, 2009
Thanks mercurior, now to see if I can get boos to donate a couple of sets to local FD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login