Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1408-Workplace Moo Woes

Posted by Sherz 
Sherz
1408-Workplace Moo Woes
May 17, 2006
She was crying over her daughter's trip being cancelled? No shit? What a lifeless moo. I worked with a woman who is raising her horrible grandkids, (so her son and daughter-in-law can have free time to be even bigger losers). She does nothing but talk about the horrid, fetal alcohol brats. What's really irritating is that she restates dorky things the little brats say with an annoying high pitched, baby-talk voice. She also calls the damn kids "Sissy" and "Bubby" when she refers to them. It sounds so white trash!
THese women need to have some interests of their own.
VLM
Re: 1408-Workplace Moo Woes
May 17, 2006
This is me! I have to deal with the moos at my job bitching and moaning about their brats CONSTANTLY.

There's the over-50 year old with the 16-year-old hellraiser who calls her constantly at work when she wants the car and will yell and scream at her and hang up on her. The 16 year old has mental problems and gets depressed. She already goes to an "alternative" school, but she still skips!

Then, there's the 43 year old with two stepkids and a wimpy husband. The 17 year old stepkid recently stole a candy bar from a convenience store, and because he didn't want to get into trouble, he "ran away." The 43 year old came into the office talking about she had some news, and another much older causal employee said, "Are you PREGNANT?"

They yak and yak and yak and yak all fucking day long about their kids and shit. I just try to block their asses out.

Just today, the 43 year old came to me and asked me if I was okay and if I was upset with them because I'm "much quieter lately." (Anyone who shuts up for about 2 hours would be considered "quieter" to them because they TALK TOO FUCKING MUCH!) She said she knows they all talk too much about their family and stuff and maybe I don' twnat to hear it, and if they talk too much, I can tell them to shut up or join in. Bitch, please! Then, guess who would be the bad guy if I told them that? I wish they would just leave me alone, let me ignore them and let me WORK.

UGH!!
CF Scorpio
May 17, 2006
Sherz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> She was crying over her daughter's trip being
> cancelled? No shit? What a lifeless moo.

She was probably crying because she had been looking forward to having the brat out of the house for the weekend!
Sherz
May 17, 2006
Haa! I thought of that, too!
May 17, 2006
Oh God - this only makes me dread going back to work even more. I took a break to study and now I have to look for a new job. And I am so fucking afraid of having to deal with these stupid mombies again, like at my last job - and everyone thinking I'm a frigid lesbian because I'm single and childfree, of course.
May 17, 2006
OP here. I'm sorry to say she was not. She'd spend every minute with her daughter if she could.

The sad thing is, I've really had to distance myself from her because she's so damned frustrating to me. Somewhere along the line, she got the idea that good parenting = shielding your child from every little disappointment and giving him/her everything he/she wants. Recently, she told me she won't buy herself something that costs $15 per week. Did I mention that her household income is around $200k per year? That Princess Bratley probably has more toys than any other child I've ever known? Yet, Moo won't do anything for herself because it would mean she's a Bad Mommy. For everything she gives her kid, she is the most guilt-ridden, unhappy person I know.

I'm starting to think she has some serious, fucked-up-in-the-head kinds of problems. Her marrige seems to be limping along, but I think Dud is getting frustrated. Her daughter is 8 years old and I'm sure he's just an afterthought to Moo.
VLM
May 18, 2006
Medusa Wrote:
> Oh God - this only makes me dread going back to
> work even more. I took a break to study and now I
> have to look for a new job. And I am so fucking
> afraid of having to deal with these stupid mombies
> again, like at my last job - and everyone thinking
> I'm a frigid lesbian because I'm single and
> childfree, of course.

It's very scary, and if you don't participate in their "reindeer games," then yes, you will be looked upon as weird or get asked the occasional, "Is everything okay?" GAH!!!!!!!
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 18, 2006
These lifeless, brain dead moos have a very unhealthy fascination towards their children. After all my childfree friends, most child molestation cases are pahrunts or relatives. How fitting.
May 18, 2006
Or the breeder moos will treat you differently, sorta like an oddball, for not sprogging. f*ck them.

lab mom
VLM
May 18, 2006
WaterLily Wrote:
> Or the breeder moos will treat you differently,
> sorta like an oddball, for not sprogging. f*ck
> them.
>
> "If motherhood doesn't interest you, don't do it.
> It didn't interest me, so I didn't do it. Anyway,
> I would have made a terrible parent. The first
> time my child didn't do what I wanted, I'd kill
> him."
> --Katherine Hepburn

Exactly. The moos at my job already treat me differently because I come to work and choose not to chit-chat with them all day long. My not ever going to have a brat is something that, I think, is unfathomable to them.
Anonymous User
May 18, 2006
This is why I like to cultivate the identity of one of those ball-breaking ambitious bitch-on-wheels career women. They won't bother trying to chit-chat about crap, and I've perfected the glare that means "you're babbling about shit I don't care about, you may be next." Even the dumbest moos get it. And it's obviously from how I look that I'm nobody's mommy. I may not like Condi Rice because I'm very left wing, but I'll take a page from her book when it comes to fashion! And half of them think I'm a lesbian anyways (Oh no, an ambitious woman with no kids! Dyke!). Keeps me clear of the breeder crap.
May 18, 2006
I do agree with that - but it's still hard when you're left out of everything and feeling like a pariah on a daily basis. (And your boss actually bitches at you during your WORK EVALUATION because you "don't socialize much". See, you're just trying to do your job, but it affects EVERYTHING.)
Anonymous User
May 18, 2006
That's why I stick with the guys, I'm glad to be one of "the boys". When you're one of the boys and you're white-collar, you don't have to deal with the pink-collars and their mooing.

And a good bit of media fuss I stirred up last election helped my boss win his seat, so I'm in his good books. Heh...connections...*evil plotting*.
May 18, 2006
(a bit off the workplace topic) The bad thing is, is when your in-laws ignore anything you say just b/c you haven't sprogged. I stop saying much around them.

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.