Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT -- Thank-you to all!

Posted by india_darshan 
OT -- Thank-you to all!
May 18, 2006
I know I have been more than b*tching about my job fate even though one was a shoo-in. The worry was there because I had no other pay coming in except what I got today from my now-former job. Today, I did get rehired at the other call place. Thank-you for allowing me to gripe, worry, & vent even though this space is more about talking of our CF stuff.

smiling smiley
Sherz
Re: OT -- Thank-you to all!
May 18, 2006
Congrats to you! I'm glad that worry will be off your mind now. smiling smiley
May 18, 2006
Thank-you, Sherz! I do feel so much weight off my shoulders. I had felt so tired lately...going to bed early and not wanting to get out of bed in the morning. I really did not want to go back to that on call job since the hours are awful and one does not know if s/he will be relieved on time. I am thankful I got rehired at the other center and start Monday night.

smiling smiley
CF Scorpio
May 18, 2006
Congrats on your new job!
May 18, 2006
Congratulations!!!!!!!

lab mom
VLM
May 18, 2006
Hey, this is one of the very few and true safe spaces for the CF, and I would think not only CF topics, but all topics of manner are welcome here.

Congrats on getting the other job!

I, myself, have an interview for a work-at-home job on Monday, so throw some of that magic-get-that-job dust my way! smiling smiley
Nour
May 18, 2006
VLM--Then you won't have to put up with moo banter! Good luck.
sprogless
May 18, 2006
Congrats, India!
VLM, I've been working from home for about a year, now, and it's the most wonderful thing! No more MOOS!!! I've got all of my fingers crossed for you! Best of luck!
Anonymous User
May 18, 2006
Ya know on some of the other CF boards, I've been attacked and watched other posters get flamed. Not once on this board have I seen this. It's nice how kind people are to each other, in this small section.
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 18, 2006
Congrads on your new job!! Nothing sucks like stressing out about money.
CFBoston
May 18, 2006
Way to go india! Let us know how it goes!
Good luck VLM - keep us posted! I'm jealous - if I had the opportunity to work at home, that would be a slice of heaven! I'm in breeder hell every day though. It's tough to maintain a working relationship with these people and bite my tongue.
sharon j. - the same thing happened to me on another site. I usually don't post very much, but I enjoy reading what all of you write. I do agree - you're all very kind to each other!
May 18, 2006
Good for you, India! Yay!

Sharon, I'm not sure if you're refering to the board I'm thinking about, but I don't even bother with it anymore - 2 out of every 3 posts are by stupid mombies, with pictures of their ugly sprogs to boot. Urgh. If they're so fucking busy raising their cuntlings, what are they doing trolling CF boards all day, I ask you?
May 18, 2006
I, too now work at home. I quit my secretary job. Very liberating. hehe. winking smiley Good luck VLM! smiling smiley

lab mom
May 19, 2006
Thank-you for all of your good words. Magic dust is going everyone's way for job success and for those who want to work at home. Out of curiosity for the work-at-home employees, what kind of work do you do?

This evening, I will be doing a shift for the other company that I have been on call with so I will, at least, have gas money until I get paid from the new "old" job I am returning to. I am very grateful that I did not have to return to on call position full-time (contract security).

Sharon, it is nice to have this safe space. Too many CF boards have become like cliques where members will say stuff, "How DARE you say or question a member who has been here longer." Reminds me of high school.
May 19, 2006
I wouldn't want to work at home, because then I'd probably turn into a complete recluse. I just want to be respected as a person and not have to put up with moo crap and have it affect my job performance. Not to mention avoiding a hostile work environment and mobbing (which is a form of psychological harrassment).

So thanks for the magic dust, India! Because I sure need it too.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.