Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Radical Anti-Choicers

Posted by Guest 
Radical Anti-Choicers
May 19, 2006
OhMyGodNoKids,
Your concern is not off base. There are some states in the U.S. (I can't recall which ones) where a woman is required by law to report a miscarriage within 48 hours of its occurance.

I need not elaborate on the significance of this or its implications. I think this is an educated crowd here.
Re: Radical Anti-Choicers
May 20, 2006
The anti-abortion laws are going to get a lot worse in this country. I am glad I am in my 40's with a tubal ligation. I would hate to be a young woman in this anti-female society. Pharmacists are allowed to refuse to dispense birth control prescriptions to women. It is worse than anyone even thinks!
May 20, 2006
I'm in my twenties and my tubes are NOT tied. Scary. Thank GOD for the birth control pill.

lab mom
sprogless
May 20, 2006
Getting a tubal is damned near impossible anyway, unless you already have a litter of brats.
I didn't know that some states required that a miscarriage be reported. That is scary.
May 20, 2006
Wow, this country is so fucked up. I remember reading the article from a while back about how killing a pregnant woman would be considered a double homicide...in that article, I believe there was something that said lawmakers were considering having women arrested if they miscarry because "it's the death of an unborn child". WTF? Since when is miscarriage a voluntary decision, unless it's a self-induced abortion?

I'm 18 and I really fear for the future - I will try my damnedest to get the tubal ligation someday because I'm afraid I will have no rights in the next few years. I refuse to get stuck with a fucking kid I don't want - I'll scramble my insides with a coat hanger before agreeing to parenthood.
mercurior 1
May 20, 2006
its not so much anti women, but pro fetus, to the exception of the WOMBAN
Anonymous User
May 20, 2006
Please tell me this is all a joke. Report a miscarriage? Cambion, you would not have to use a coat hanger because we would find you a doctor.

Guest (the same one who started this
May 20, 2006
OK, after a bit more digging I've discovered that it's not quite as bad as I said. I was incorrect in saying that it was "law" in some states to require women to report a miscarriage within 48 hours. What I'd read several months ago was that in January there was legislation underway in Virginia that would make this law. But due to what amounts to public outcry, it was withdrawn.

Score one for public outcry. We can't turn our backs for a second, can we?
May 20, 2006
Just goes to show how bad things have gotten that this was believable to begin with.

This is so stupid, anyway - a lot of women have a miscarriage and don't even know it, because it gets mistaken for their period.

Since when is a woman's body public property, anyway? Gawd.
Sherz
May 21, 2006
No coathangers, Cambion!

I would believe that about the state of Virginia. It is a very conservative state, with a church on every corner in many parts of it. The Northern area of it is so full of rich, yuppie assholes, popping out their first baybees in their 40's.
May 21, 2006
My fear is that what happened in South Dakota will also infiltrate the more liberal states. Being from Northern California which most is very liberal, there were still problems from pro-lifers. Clinics were still bombed. The governor, that idiotic actor/body builder -- sorry to offend if anyone here likes the guy, wants underage girls to have their parents notified in the event of an abortion. The anti-woman/pro-life crowd will not be satisfied with getting the procedure outlawed in only conservative states. My fear is that it is DONE for women in this country.
sprogless
May 21, 2006
That's about the only good thing about California- you still have the freedom to choose. Too bad more people don't excercize that right. I was reading yesterday that the state spends more on Medi-Cal for "poor children" than education. What the hell is that all about?
May 21, 2006
Woman that have miscaragies really can't help it.

lab mom
Latrodectra
May 23, 2006
sprogless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's about the only good thing about California-
> you still have the freedom to choose. Too bad more
> people don't excercize that right. I was reading
> yesterday that the state spends more on Medi-Cal
> for "poor children" than education. What the hell
> is that all about?

I believe it. They hand out Medi-cal to women in pig like it's candy. Plus, you should see how much money they waste.

It's really sad to hear that they spend more money to bring more pweshous merykwls into the word and they don't have the money to educate them.
May 24, 2006
This country needs some childfree pro-choice people in offices of importance. Waaaaay too many childed, religious pro-life fundies in the arena.
May 24, 2006
Even many pro-choicers are embracing religion to get the middle-of-the-road voters. Even that awful Hillary Clinton has become a turncoat stating how abortion is very, very tragic....but should still be available. The liberals are even rolling us under the bus when it comes to our rights. Women's rights always get thrown out the window. Many pro-choicers try to claim that women only need abortion if they cannot afford that child. They look at the CF with disdain.
Feh
May 24, 2006
I can not stand Hillary Clinton. I will not vote for her because I do not believe a word that comes out of her mouth. She will say whatever she believes the people listening want to hear. I know democrats, and she is no democrat.

Now Senator Russ Feingold...he'd make a great president. He has the backbone to say what he believes, and to stand up for that. Plus, he's cute as a button.
http://www.draftruss.com/
http://www.russforpresident.com/
sprogless
May 24, 2006
I never voted for Bill Clinton, simply because I couldn't stand his obnoxious wife. Wasn't Hillary the one who started that "It takes a village" bullshit? It's so nice to see other women who see through her act. I've been flamed on other boards for failing to appreciate how wonderful she is. She's no Democrat- just another narcissistic politician spouting what she thinks people want to hear. Hillary sucks!
Feh
May 24, 2006
Oh, I might add here that Sen. Russ also votes against every pay raise that Congress authorizes for itself. Then when the rest pass it, he returns his "raise" to the treasury.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.