Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1431- The Nature of Children

Posted by Sherz 
Sherz
1431- The Nature of Children
May 22, 2006
This is a correct description of what being around kids is like. Multiply that sprog by 25, and guess why I quit teaching!
Re: 1431- The Nature of Children
May 22, 2006
I can only take limited time with the "good" ones. Children, by their very nature, annoy the fuck out of me.
May 23, 2006
I'm the same way meaning that I can only be around even the good kids for a short time. I just tap out too quickly and my energy is zapped by too many people. I need time alone. Children -- even the nice ones -- are surrounded by too much chaotic energy. I knew one young boy who was an "old soul". He was the only youngster that I could spend a lot of time with and never feel drained.
KidFreeLuvnLife
May 23, 2006
The "pressure" theory is so true. I can see it first hand being around my nephews. They aren't bad little boys, they are quite good, actually, but they do require constant, chronic attention and correction. Kids get into things, not in a bratty way, just curious, and often times it's stuff they should not be touching. I couldn't handle it. My head would explode.
May 23, 2006
I found kids draining to be around even when I WAS one of them! My Mom always told me that, when I was little, I would be playing with my friends - and then, all of a sudden, I'd get up and go into another room to quietly play by myself.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.