Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Katrina rants

Posted by sprogless 
sprogless
Katrina rants
September 05, 2005
You've made some very good points,there,and I agree with most of what you said.However,the rants aren't about anyone getting preferential treatment. Most of them are about how the media is using "the poor children" angle to get ratings.People are people.Anyone that needs help should get it.

Yes, the whole thing about not being able to take pets to shelters pisses me off,too. I wouldn't leave either if I couldn't take my dogs, and cat.
CF Scorpio
Re: Katrina rants
September 05, 2005
I agree, Lynn! The pet thing SUCKS! I think it was a very shortsighted decision to separate people from their pets. There is going to be a serious problem now with abandoned pets dying, turning feral, or being abandoned in shelters.
Anonymous User
September 08, 2005
I sort of understand the initial refusal to rescue pets from New Orleans. I think people justified that by citing the large number of people that needed to be rescued but couldn't be, and I think the majority of people put human life before animal life. We may not always agree with it, but that's just how most people think. The good news is, there are many groups who jumped to action to rescue the pets: http://news.google.com/news?q=new%20orleans%20pet%20rescue&hl=en&lr=&sa=N&tab=wn.

Reading some of those stories really made me feel all warm and fuzzy...especially after watching the news footage of all the pets roaming the streets alone and those of animals trapped in/on buildings. It takes a lot to bring tears to my eyes...and seeing people separated from their pets is one of the many things that has done just that in the past week.
CF VTer
September 08, 2005
I'll say this much: Seeing pictures of dogs cowering on a square yard of dry rubble-island brought tears to my eyes.

Seeing some fat moo waddling around with a screaming sprog just made me roll my eyes and keep scrolling/page turning.

Feh
September 08, 2005
Ugh...things here just keep getting better and better, right?

Last night they had a piece on the radio about an elderly woman who had staying put in (or maybe it was on) her house because they won't let her bring her service dog...HER FREAKING SERVICE DOG FOR CHRISSAKES!! I'm guessing she's pretty near blind and the dog had probably saved her life many times over...YOU STUPID BREAUCRATIC ASSHOLES! (not you guys, I'm just yelling because I need to) I thought my head was going to explode. Anyway, they kept coming back and trying to get her to leave her dog, but she refused. Eventually they did end up taking her AND her dog to a shelter.

With all the stuff coming out about this disaster, I am just wondering, does everyone who gets elected or assigned to public office get some sort of "treatment" to remove any sort of humanity and common sense? I think any one of us could probably run this thing better, and I don't even know you.
mercurior1
September 08, 2005
well the uk tv channel channel 5, did a report on the forcible evacuation of this old woman, she didnt want to leave she had a knife in her kitchen, and yes a gun, they didnt see it and 4 policemen jumped on this woman.. and handcuffed her, luckily they took her and her dogs, but they were going to leave her pills and all money and everything she only had 2 bags of clothes, and had to leave her home of many years.. no photos nothing..forcible relocation.. does this sound familiar, send people to safe areas, (reservations)
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.