Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

# 1486 - Cost of Birth Control vs. Cost of Sprogging

Posted by Anonymous User 
That reminded me of a MasterCard commercial...here is mine...

Co-Pay for Personal Care Physician to get referral for vasectomy: $15.00
Co-Pay for Urologist for the actual surgery: $15.00
Several bags of frozen peas from Shaw's supermarket: $5.00
Being able to call your life your own: Priceless
There are some things money can't buy. But for everything else (such as doctor co-pays) there's MasterCard.

I'd give anything to see this as an actual commercial, but it'll never happen in this breederific world!
When they had that contest commercial for Mastercard, I thought of sending in my idea. It went like this:

(Picture of kyds screaming at a beach and harried paruhnts chasing them)
Floaties, life jackets, and innertubes: $57

(Picture of kyds and paruhnts at an amusement park)
A day at the amusement park: $125

(Picture of couple holding hands and laying on the beach with no on else around)
Knowing that your tubes are tied: Priceless

There are some things money can't buy. For everything else (couple clinks their beer bottles in a toast), there's Mastercard.

Muah ah ah ahhhhh! Damn it feels good to be a CFer!
Re: # 1486 - Cost of Birth Control vs. Cost of Sprogging
June 01, 2006
Sweet heavens!!!!! DONCHA YOU JUST LOVE BEIN' MATURE, RESPONSIBLE AND CHILDFREE? YEY! I know I do!

Sure birth control pill packs are NOT covered by insurance, but they are sure a hell a lot cheaper than babyees! smiling smiley grinning smiley

lab mom
Catdaddy's snip actually was paid for by insurance. But not long after he had it done, we got a letter from the insurance company (Tufts Health Plan, in New England, in case anyone wants to know) that had a laundry list of changes. One of said changes was that they would no longer pay for *voluntary sterilization*.

We wanted to switch insurance companies right then and there because of that...especially since Massachusetts is one of those states that requires insurance companies to pay for IVF. But at the time, this was the only insurance option we had, so we were stuck.

When Catdaddy changed jobs, we opted for a traditional Blue Cross plan, which I believe does pay for snips. Not that we need it now, but it's the principle of the thing. Also, this particular plan has a LOWER rate for employee + spouse, while with Tufts, we had to pay the same famblee rate that the Breedersons did, for their brood of six.

But I don't get this shit about not paying for birth control. I mean, isn't it MORE expensive to pay for all manner of sprog care and shit?

But hey...even out of pocket, still less expensive than having the little fuckers! smiling smiley
June 01, 2006
And, if you never sleep with anybody, you save a whole lotta money!
Shoot, if the Pill isn't covered by whatever healthcare you have, it's only 30 bucks a month. If you can afford even a monthly bus pass, you can afford the Pill.

It's my friend, the Pill is, my happy little blue friend.
My insurance completely paid for my tubal (which will be six years old, or 72 months in breedertalk, on Sept. 15. I would have been so effing mad if they'd not paid for it, considering it's so much less expensive for the insurance company than paying for pregnancy, birth, then paying for the resultant kid's medical stuff, etc.
June 02, 2006
Traditional blue cross IS a good health plan. HMO sucks totaly. HMO is a total breederific health coverage plan.

lab mom
HAHAHAHA. catmommy and TSC, I love those commercial ideas!
Clinking of the drinks is a very nice touch. LOL :beer
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.