Advanced

There is no "Childfree Movement."thumbs upwink

Posted by WaterLily 
Re: There is no "Childfree Movement."thumbs upwink
October 18, 2010
CrabCake
Dorisan
yurble
I personally would be part of a movement, if there were one, which focused on equitable treatment of the childfree by ending tax breaks, paternal leave, and other institutionalized discrimination. (I'm also strongly against people having children because of overpopulation, but I consider that part of a different movement.) Happily Childfree has a list of objectives that I think would form a good basis for a movement's objectives.

However, I don't expect the CF to organize anytime soon, for a variety of reasons.

That would be akin to taking away the same sort of bennies religion is accorded. It's too much a sacred entitlement to those people to ever be taken away :cool

The truly equitable solution would be to either END the preferential treatment for breeders OR to extend the same opportunities to the CF/CL. Can you just hear the mooing? If it's truly fair to everyone, then it's UNFAIR in their eyes because they're not getting preferential treatment.angry flipping off

This. World war would break out lest the greedy leeches parents don't get their benefits. eye rolling smiley

lab mom
Anonymous User
October 19, 2010
There are far too many childfree people who live to please breeders to ever be a movement. Every time I read or hear a CF person say "I love children, I just don't want an of my own," I could projectile vomit halfway to the fucking moon.

As long as breeder-pleasers undermine us, we have no chance. Too many enablers among the CF.
October 19, 2010
I don't think we're a movement as much as a push toward recognition and tolerance. We're something like gay pride. I can safely say that no gay organization with an eye toward legitimacy is out bashing "hetero-normatives" and trying to recruit and convert people to homosexuality. I'd be tickled if, through our writings, more fence-sitters would fall on the barren side, but gaining respect and understanding for the CF lifestyle choice would be reward enough.
October 19, 2010
If there is a CF movement, I think it's more of something seeking tolerance and acceptance as opposed to converting others to our cause. Most of us just want to be able to say "I don't want kids" and not be treated like we have problem. We also don't want to live in a culture where everything is kidcentric and adults are relegated to second class citizens above the almighty child. In other words, kids don't belong everywhere and we're tired of people insisting they do.

Things do need to change.

JD
October 19, 2010
Miss Hannigan
"hetero-normatives"

I love talking in ToiletSushi language! Here's another one....we childfree women are utero-diverse.

smile rolling left rightsmile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
October 19, 2010
kidlesskim
That's a pretty accurate assessment of my feelings on the subject too. I have NO DESIRE to be part of any "movement" because I don't care that much about any particular "cause", I don't want to be harrassed by those who oppose my views, NOR do I want to deal with zealots within the "movement" who want to be my new best friend because we share ONE common viewpoint! I honestly don't give a rat's ass if anyone shares or understands my viewpoints on it and I consider it a BONUS that I have found likeminded individuals here on BratFree to share stories, ponder viewpoints, and to voice rants. Most of all though, I like to find humor in breeder-like behavior and enjoy sharing with others who enjoy the same past time! I LIKE to laugh and exchange and interact with other intelligent people because it's fun! A "movement" wouldn't be any fun to me AT ALL.

This eloquently sums it up for me. We have a pretty pluralistic crew here - including diverse political/economic persuasions, which frankly delighted me. I wasn't expecting it. We don't want to have kids, and this seems to cross all boundaries, as many other things do. We don't have to agree on everything (and many times I find it easier to talk to someone who disagrees with me than with someone on "my side" who only has a knee-jerk, unthinking agreement with me, which I find very frustrating).

When a group doesn't like something, that's all that the people in it share. Taking it farther is a mistake.
October 19, 2010
I guess the reason I don't see "CF" as a "movement", and bratfree in particular, is because I JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE. It's like when breeders tell us "if you don't like listening to my kid scream, stay home", then when we try to do that, they move in next door and we still have to listen to their bullshit. Then if we try to make an adults-only venue, they cry "discrimination". You can't get away from them, they want to follow you everywhere JUST because you don't want them to. But still they tell you if you don't like it, go somewhere private.

That is why we have this place on the internet, and why we can tell even PNB's to get the fuck OUT. It is not a "MOVEMENT". It's a barbed-wire fence and sound-proof barrier.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
October 19, 2010
Movement or no movement, I just want to live my life the way I want it, without catching shit from other people for it.
October 19, 2010
I never thought of myself part of any movement. i was just a person who knew forever that I didn't want kids and i was NOT shy about telling people if they asked. I never thought it was strange for not wanting kids because that's always how I've felt. Some of us have NO desire to be mothers and we wish to be left alone and accepted for who we are, rather than discriminated against because we didn't breed.
October 19, 2010
SlumSlut
I guess the reason I don't see "CF" as a "movement", and bratfree in particular, is because I JUST WANT TO BE LEFT ALONE. It's like when breeders tell us "if you don't like listening to my kid scream, stay home", then when we try to do that, they move in next door and we still have to listen to their bullshit. Then if we try to make an adults-only venue, they cry "discrimination". You can't get away from them, they want to follow you everywhere JUST because you don't want them to. But still they tell you if you don't like it, go somewhere private.

That is why we have this place on the internet, and why we can tell even PNB's to get the fuck OUT. It is not a "MOVEMENT". It's a barbed-wire fence and sound-proof barrier.

This. It also helps to keep a rant board modded, otherwise they will swarm in and boss us around, on our own RANT BOARD. angry smiley :flaming :sbx :kill hitting over the head with a hammer spanking with a whip on the ass angry face saying 'eat me' :cen angry flipping off :lips

lab mom
October 19, 2010
herbalgeek
Movement or no movement, I just want to live my life the way I want it, without catching shit from other people for it.

and

Peace
I never thought of myself part of any movement. i was just a person who knew forever that I didn't want kids and i was NOT shy about telling people if they asked. I never thought it was strange for not wanting kids because that's always how I've felt. Some of us have NO desire to be mothers and we wish to be left alone and accepted for who we are, rather than discriminated against because we didn't breed.

My thoughts exactly. I don't need a pat on the back for being cf, just want peace, quiet and solitude. I don't need someone telling me "I'm weird", just because I have zero interest in having kids.

lab mom
October 19, 2010
SlumSlut

October 20, 2010
SlumSlut

here here!
October 20, 2010
thom_c
SlumSlut

:yr LOVE IT!

lab mom
October 20, 2010
zatoth
SlumSlut

here here!

Thank you

lab mom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login