Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1512 - helpful kid

Posted by guest 
1512 - helpful kid
June 06, 2006
That is a sweet story. Thanks for posting it! I am always cheered and encouraged by nice kids who treat decent adults with respect.
Re: 1512 - helpful kid
June 07, 2006
a rarity into todays world, but i bet he will be bullied by other kids for being nice, until he becomes like these bad kids (i hope not but i am a pessimist and frequently the world is worse than i can imagine)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 07, 2006
What a nice boy!

And it must have been terrifying for you, I'd have a stroke if one of my cats got out of their collars while out on a walk with me. Glad kitty is OK!!!!
CFScorpio
June 07, 2006
We live in a very quiet area with not much car traffic, luckily. There is one main road that everyone speeds on, so I don't take the cat over there.

There's another little boy across the street from this one who sometimes plays with him, so he does have at least 1 other friend. I have no idea if he gets picked on at school or not. He seems like a regular little boy with a bike and a dog and stuff. He really likes DH a lot, so I think he is missing a father figure.

To be honest, I think my cat was a little scared of him because he is very hyper like a child and runs around a lot. I let him hold the cat for a few minutes but he didn't have quite the right hold on him so the cat started growling.
June 07, 2006
I have a friend, a single parent with one child still at home. Her 12-year-old son is a very nice young man. Yes, it is a rarity in this world. However, my friend is also a rarity. She knows her son is a good person but also knows that kids can act out at times. She is quick to reprimand her son during the few times he does act up. This woman is a true parent. Her other two kids turned out well. The middle daughter almost did not graduate high school and was not in school or working at the time. My friend told her to get back to school or go to work. When neither was happening, my friend got her daughter in the car and drove to the high school to enroll her telling her that she was going to make something of her life. The young lady did graduate and is working doing very well.
June 07, 2006
Just remember to never leave your cat unattended outdoors on a leash. I leash my cats, but don't try to walk them - it's hard to train a cat to walk with you on a leash. While I've never had a problem taking a quick trip indoors while I'm watching them, they do tend to get tangled up and will panic if I'm not around to release them right away. Also, when they're on their leashes, they can't quickly escape from danger, like the dog who visits my neighbor, or the raccoons and possums who visit our yard. Our back yards aren't fenced so the neighborhood animals generally roam in all the yards.
CFScorpio
June 07, 2006
Thanks, Feh. I don't leave him unattended. The whole reason we haven't been letting him roam around outside unattended is because there are a lot of feral cats in our area. We don't want him to get FIV or worms from one of them.

Also, one of the cats in the trailer park across the street from us was run over by a car last year. It was on the busy street where I don't take him, but still, I worry.
June 07, 2006
It's nice to hear that there are sweet kids out there.

lab mom
June 07, 2006
I currently live on a very busy street and move at least every couple years. Ahh the joys of renting. Anyway, I started leashing my cats when they were older, and they've taken to it quite well. I think the positive reinforcement is what works. Never let them out without their "clothes", and they'll figure out that they get to go outside when they're wearing their 'clothes', and actually be quite compliant...if they like being outside.
June 07, 2006
My tiny one was a real Houdini with her kitty harness, so I gave that up pretty early on!

CF Scorpio, that little boy sounds like a sweetheart. I hope he will remain that way as he grows up.
Grace
June 07, 2006
It is a rarity, but whenever I see parents with well-behaved children, I go out of my way to compliment them on their children's good behavior. If appropriate, I also compliment the child(ren). I figure that PNBs need all the positive reinforcement they can get.
June 07, 2006
Last weekend I went to a small party at a co-worker's house. She has 4 kids! Her husband went camping with the two boys (ages 5 and 10) and since she was at home with the two girls (ages 3 and 6), she wanted to throw a party. I don't blame her. With 4 kids, there is hardly any chance for adult interaction, except at work. Only 5 people showed up to the party. It was a lot of fun and the two girls were so well behaved! They were in no way bratty or misbehaving. They were so polite and actually cute. At around 9:30pm or so they quietly lied on the couch and fell asleep, while all the adults were talking and paying a dice game in the living-room. All of us left at the same time at midnight and my co-worder had a great time and loved having us over. Another co-worker complimented before we left how polite and well-behaved the girls were. I too complimented my friend on the girls. You can tell she is a PNB. She has a masters' and is not a SAHM. She is not your typical bitchy moo. She actually buys everything at garage/yard sales and tries to get hand me downs or used stuff and lives a simple life because with 4 kids, it's financially hard. Even her car is used. She doesn't have cable TV, so the channels are not visually good to view, so she takes this oportunity to not have her kids waste their time watch stupid TV shows. They have DVD player and watch videos on a limted bases. It seems like she know how to raise her kids.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.