Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1563 holding hands

Posted by CFScorpio 
CFScorpio
1563 holding hands
June 18, 2006
My aunt and adult female cousin also walk down the street holding hands. I think it's a bit weird, and so do others. My aunt told me that one time they were walking down the street holding hands and some guy yelled out, "You go, girls!" because he thought they were lesbians.
Re: 1563 holding hands
June 18, 2006
I witnessed something similar a couple days ago at the arcade. There's this area a few yards from the arcade with a few chairs and couches that's designated for relaxing, reading, whatever. Two females walk by, one a teenager and one older (I assumed them to be mother and daughter), and the mother had her arm around the girl's waist. If it weren't for the noticeable age difference, I'd venture to say they were lesbians. Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against homosexuals. But when parents hold their kids the same way people hold their partners, it's kind of creepy.
June 18, 2006
why not upto them and say, congrats for showing that you are lesbians and proud of it,, it would stop the worst wink.. and if they are lesbians, your only being polite

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 18, 2006
Ewwwww! That is creepy! I'm glad we don't have that around here.

(But if it's gay people, I have no problem with that - there were plenty of gay guys holding hands on the streets when I went to Vancouver last year and I found it quite refreshing!)
June 18, 2006
Very gross indeed

lab mom
Lynn
June 19, 2006

I can't believe you guys are so busy noticing what others do! I have never looked twice two females who are holding hands while walking together (adult mother and adult daughter or adult mother and teen daughter, or any other females) and I don't find it creepy at all. My own mother will sometimes take my hand or my arm when we're walking, and I don't think anyone looks at us strangely. However, my mother is 75 years old, and people may assume that she is holding my hand because she's unsteady on her feet. That could have been the case of the women that Cambion saw - maybe the mother was having trouble walking and so she was holding her daughter for support.

Also, females holding hands seems to be normal and accepted in Texas - whether it's two female friends or a mother and a daughter. And I don't think most people here assume that two women holding hands are automatically lesbians. Maybe we're just more touchy in Texas than in other states and know that touch between people doesn't necessarily signal a sexual relationship.
June 19, 2006
I hear you, Lynn! My mom and I sometimes hold hands. I admit that I did not want to when I was 18 because I still had a little homophobia even though I could say gays did not bother me. I am glad maturity helped me rid myself of the fear of others thinking I was a lesbian. I would rather be called a "lesbian" than a "bigot".

I have heard a lot of things about Texas. Most of it probably is misconception. Each state has stereotypes. I drove through Texas once and it was not bad at all. People seemed friendly enough. I am glad that it is not a big deal for ladies to hold hands in your state, Lynn, without people making a big fuss about "being gay".
CFScorpio
June 19, 2006
Lynn Wrote:

> Also, females holding hands seems to be normal and
> accepted in Texas - whether it's two female
> friends or a mother and a daughter. And I don't
> think most people here assume that two women
> holding hands are automatically lesbians. Maybe
> we're just more touchy in Texas than in other
> states and know that touch between people doesn't
> necessarily signal a sexual relationship.

I haven't seen that here. They must not do it in Houston.

June 19, 2006
i think it was the holding the hands at shoulder level, holding hands waist level thats ok, arm in arm ok, but when they walk in public with their hands obviously in a showing position, somehow saying that mother and daughter are more friends than mother and daughter, thats the problem.. a obvious showing off

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 19, 2006
That's what I was referring to: the obvious smugness and attention-whoring. That's what makes me sick. Like babystalking.
gail
June 22, 2006
That's just what I was getting at, Medusa. These are not lesbian couples, but mother and daughter teams who apparently suffer from a form of folie a deux-shared madness! I wonder what these people think-what are their converstions over dinner, what their values are. Whether anyone could be THAT shallow!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.