Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1583 Boy wants to be a girl

Posted by guest 
1583 Boy wants to be a girl
June 20, 2006
Until I saw that Lifetime Movie about Gwen Araujo, I really didn't understand the transgender issue. After seeing that movie, and reading the Village Voice article, I agree with the parents. After all the research they've done, it sounds as if their child isn't just going through a phase.

Although the road ahead of them will surely be tough (I bet someone will try to politicize this story come election time), at least Nicole has the support of her family which is something that a lot of transgender people don't seem to have. I wish them luck.
Anonymous User
Re: 1583 Boy wants to be a girl
June 20, 2006
I don't see any problem with this. Nicole is very lucky to have parents who will support her through all of this. I believe that the transgender thing is very real. I also wish them the best.
June 20, 2006
This may not be something you hear about a lot, especially among children, but that doesn't mean there's a problem with it. I agree that the child is lucky to have parents who are supportive of his (her?) decision. What the child is experiencing is way too intense to be just a phase. I'm also hoping things will be okay for them - it'll definitely be hard, especially as the child gets older, but if the child is happy and is not hurting anyone, then I see no problem with it.
June 21, 2006
Oh, I didn't think there is a problem with it, and I actually think it's pretty daring and brave of the parents to allow their male child to live as a girl. They're doing the best they can to try to keep him/her happy and safe. This child will be in for quite a struggle in life, until he/she is old enough to get a sex change operation, and is very lucky to have such supportive parents. If only more transgendered and gay children could be so lucky.
June 21, 2006
I missed this movie!! I really wanted to see it. I have 2 transgender friends - both men who were originally females. For both of them, it was a very long, hard, scary and lonely road. Both had the support of some of their family and friends, but not all. The biggest thing they need is the support of people in their circles.

June 21, 2006
I worked with a transgender male. I did not know until someone else told me but it did not matter to me that my friend was once a female. His mother was fairly supportive. I am glad to see more support for the transgendered. This is more than a phase for the young child in the article since he is articulating things that usually go beyond people in his age group.
Anonymous User
June 21, 2006
There is an excellent book called She's Not There about this issue. I forget the authors name but he is now a she and she always felt more female then male and bravely decided to swich over. Funny book also!
June 21, 2006
i dont care one way or the other, if someone wants to be male or female, or sleep with any consenting adults, it doesnt bother me at all. if they want it, then good for them, so long as they dont force feed their beleifs onto me, like breeders and other do.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 21, 2006
I work with lots of trans. and gay folks and I've yet to meet a single one who says "everyone should be this way". I have met MANY MANY religous people who insist everyone belive as they do and I believe would engage in forced conversion if allowed. Now a gay person might hit on straight people once in a while, but generally it's because they don't know the orientation of the person they're hitting on, or are just casting a line to "see what bites", and not a conversionary tactic. Just like if you get hit on by someone of the opposite gender that you're not interested in, you can just say "I'm flattered, but no."
Anonymous User
June 21, 2006
I agree with you, Feh. I've known one trans guy, and quite a few gays (both male and female) over the years.

Only ONCE have I ever been hit on by a lesbian, and this wasn't anyone I knew...it was some stranger trying to pick up someone at a bar. This was a neighborhood bar where I was a regular, and by no means a gay pickup joint.

The bartender treated her the same way he treated anyone who came in and harassed the regulars...he tossed her ass out when she persisted in trying to caress my leg. This was LONG after I made it quite clear that I wasn't interested. He was great, and also took care of annoying guys who were overly aggressive in a similar manner.

Did getting hit on by a woman make me have negative feelings for ALL homosexuals? Hell, no...assholes come in every stripe, and some of them are gay. This chick clearly wanted to get it on with a woman, and I did tell her where there was a lesbian bar that I knew of, where she'd have a better chance of getting some. But no...she insisted on being an asshole.

But for 99.9% of the gay/trans people I know...I accept their lives, and they accept mine. That is the way it should be.
June 21, 2006
exactly, if its between consenting adults, i dont care, its got nothing to do with me, if they want it, fine. doesnt bother me, as it doesnt affect me.. its the militant ones and the ones who wont take no for an answer like with catmommy, at one point i had 4 lesbian couples as friends, and 3 gay men, as well.. and they were nice people, they didnt push. its the pushy ones i object to.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 21, 2006
That is creepy. Typical breeders.

lab mom
June 22, 2006
Catmommy, I have had more hassles with men hitting on me and not taking "no" for an answer. I have been around plenty of lesbians and never got hit on. One woman actually had the audacity to say that she would rather be used by a man for a one-nighter than have one of "those" lesbians hit on her. Good God...what a moron to think that being a man's "cheap piece" is better than another woman showing an interest. All the idiot would have to say it, "No thank-you. I am not interested."
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.