Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1591-Ruined by breeders

Posted by Sherz 
Sherz
1591-Ruined by breeders
June 24, 2006
I'm hearin' you, CF! I had a hair appointment on Thursday, and was really looking forward to the relaxation of being pampered for a couple of hours. When I arrived at the salon there was a breeder who looked to be in her early 30's. She had six kids with her ranging from 16 to three. All of the kids looked like they had different fathers. You could tell because they were a variety of skin, hair and eye colors. Not that I care about mixing races, I just think it is incredibly skanky to have a a bunch of kids by different fathers! These kids were running all over the place and in everyone's personal space. My stylist and the others that were working were constantly telling them to sit down and stay away from their work area. Of course, breederella was doing nothing about her little shits behavior. She was getting her hair straightened, colored, cut and styled, processes that took awhile. She seemed totally content having everyone else watch her kids. After about 45 mins of putting up with the noise, one of her kids, a boy who looked to be about 5 or 6 came over to me, stood about 2 inches from my face, and started making a beeping noise to get my attention. I told him to get away from me and go beep in his mother's face. I then told the mother that this was my time to relax, and I wasn't paying good money to have her kid beep in my face, and to keep him away from me. The mom, in a really smartassed voice, then told the 16 year old to take him out of the salon for a walk. She didn't apologize for his shitty behavior. At least I silenced the salon for a while! Her stylist was rushing like crazy to finish her hair just to get the damn kids out of there. Her hair looked like crap when she was finished. Bad kids and parents suck!!!!!!!!
Re: 1591-Ruined by breeders
June 24, 2006
Rignt on for standing up to Breederella, Sherz! I high-five you from my part of the world, Central Florida. More people need to shed their inhibitions and tell it as it is to breeders. I cannot say I have become that brave. I tend to be the more passive-agressive by muttering comments or giving death glares.

I am progressive about most sexual matters but I am still "old school" when it comes to women having children with various men. Even a woman who remarries and has more kids with the second husband still creeps me out. It is not a religious moral issue. I just see it as a woman debasing herself. It is as if she is "damaged goods". What if Marriage #2 does not work out? The woman is stuck with DNA souvenirs from two men and it is unlikely that she will find another good man. It is hard enough for a decent childfree woman to get a kindly mate.
Sherz
June 24, 2006
You are sooooo right about the DNA souvenirs. I'm usually not very open with people like that, and I certainly don't like to come off as rude or hurtful to others. I think the mother's rudeness, and my PMS outruled my inhibitions! The stylists were happy I said something. THe manager wasn't there that day and they were uncomfortable with putting the customer in her place for fear of complaints about them to the manager. I'm usually a death glare kinda girl too, India!
June 24, 2006
Due to living in a "good customer service" era, most managers do fear putting breeders and their disruptive sproggen in their place. The "I want to speak to someone higher up than you" and threaten to pull their business -- as if they spent a lot of money -- does make management prone to bite their tongues.

Society as a whole has become more rude. Businesses put up with this nasty behavior more for their 'bottom line'. I see this in my business as well. On this wireless account, we cannot hang up on customers who are cursing. In the "old days" when I was a youngster, this sort of behavior was not tolerated in a store, restaurant, or over the phone to a customer service rep. Now...it is the nastiest people who are credit hounds by getting things knocked off their bill or get something for free. They are rewarded for rotten actions.

I had a lady last night who went on how nice she was...and she was...there was not any profanity. She had been a valued customer since 1992. I checked the adjustment history and she was not a "credit hound" as we say in the biz. Her bill was higher than usual due to buying another phone. I did credit her roaming because she never got proper info re: her rate plan before she took a trip.

I also gave her a courtesy credit of 20% for her frustration of having to call in twice. I would not credit her anymore because the rebate would take care of what she did buy and the other bluetooth headset was only resently sent back so a credit was pending. "Nice lady" showed her true colors at the end of the call by quickly saying "thank-you" in a hurried fashion and just hanging up. People love to try to place the Nice Game to get what they want. People...
sprogless
June 24, 2006
Something similar happened to me about a month ago. I was meeting my niece for lunch. I hadn't seen her for three years, and was looking forward to it. I was a few minutes early, and took a seat in the foyer, to wait for her. This Spanish- speaking familia walked in, and immediately, their youngest toadler started climbing up my leg. I told the moo to keep her kid to herself. She played the "no Ingles" card, so I moved to the other side of the bench. Then, all of a sudden, she miraculously learned English, and started calling me rude, and racist. Then her hubby joined in. I stood up, towering over the both of them (which is funny, cuz I'm only 5'3.), and said that it's rude to allow their children to climb on strangers, it has nothing to do with their race, and that ignorance comes in all colors. I wasn't going to allow anyone's child to climb on me, regardless of their parentage. Boy, they didn't like that. They left. My niece walks in, and they seat us. The server came, and told me that they were letting their kids annoy other diners the whole time they were there, and they didn't leave her a tip, either. Typical breeders. For the record, the server was Hispanic, just like the familia that insisted that I was a racist, and I left her a big tip, to cover what the breeders stiffed her.

Goddamned breeders ruin everything...

Sherz
June 24, 2006
Well done, Sprogless! I'm actually concerned by children who don't possess the inhibitions to stay away from strangers. It's a real red flag that there is some neglectful parunting going on. It was really nice of you to leave the waitress a big tip, too. I detest cheap tippers.
June 24, 2006
Good for you, Sprogless! What a bunch of leeches.
CFScorpio
June 24, 2006
Sherz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
I'm actually concerned by
> children who don't possess the inhibitions to stay
> away from strangers.

Ditto. You'd think the parents would be more angry at their child for touching a stranger...
DrDanCorelli
June 25, 2006
The problem is that most businesses and managers don't really know what the concept of customer service is!

Customer service is just another term for relationship management, and is the bedrock to building and maintaining a core group of committed and loyal customers--the type who pay higher for better service. It is not bending over backwards to every marginal sleazebag who takes advantage of you. The point of diminishing marginal returns has somehow been lost in our society to the almighty price. There are some customers that are just not worth it, like that stupid piece of shit and her brats. The salon would be better off kicking her ass out and providing a more serene and tempting environment for better paying and tipping customers. Kissing every breeder's ass is hardly good business because it drives off the older customers who generally have more to spend and are more willing to pay for what they get--higher prices for better service.

Personally, I am more than willing to pay a higher price for a nice, respectable business relationship than haggling over the last penny and dealing with the resentment of the price-conscious and overbearing breeder.
June 26, 2006
You did good, sprogless. Racist? nah. What a hispanic bitch.

lab mom
CFScorpio
June 26, 2006
Just to follow up on my original rant, I told DH what happened when he came home yesterday, and he said next time don't even wait for them to tresspass: call the polices and say that there is a suspicious-looking vehicle loitering on the street, and that I'm a woman alone at home and am nervous.

So if it happens again, that's what I will do.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.