Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Huggies "Every little bottom" lament: 1 in 3 famblees can't afford diapers

Posted by Melanie 
MerlynHerne
This is BULLSHIT! The Wolf can't find a job out here...anyone gonna give her one? Didn't think so. Breeders can't afford diapers? How about using some goddamn birth control? Having brats is a CHOICE. Now you expect everyone to cry because you can't have diapers? Cut down on some of the luxuries...use Internet at library (get a fucking babysitter so your loaf or brat doesn't ruin the experience for everyone else, BTW)...do without cable...we watch old DVDs and stuff I taped off cable when we had it...it's called economising, breeders...we're pretty much all having to do that.

or get a pc or laptop with wifi.
Re: Huggies "Every little bottom" lament: 1 in 3 famblees can't afford diapers
December 07, 2010
What happened to Elimination Communication??? Did that go by the wayside already?
December 08, 2010
mr. neptune
Actually, I have read that disposable diapers take up 5% of all landfill space for all types of waste. That is still a lot for only one product.

Children under 4 are about 6% of the US population. If we assume equal distribution of ages, 3/4 of them are in diapers (ages 0 through 2, but not 3), 4.5% of the population is in diapers, ignoring those who are doing EC. An estimated 80-90% of diapers used are disposable. Taking that higher number, that means that 4% of the population is contributing 5% of the waste, assuming that is the only waste they produce (not bloody likely, given all the crap parents buy). In other words, babies contribute a disproportionate amount of waste, a finding that will likely not shock anyone here.

Oh, and a child can run through 8,000 to 10,000 diapers before being potty-trained...assuming they are potty-trained at the normal time, and not at the age of 10 or whatever is common now (the article was written in 1988). They can also spread Hepatitus A and other diseases to the public as they leach into groundwater (a minor concern these days, since you can pick up your diseases from the restaurant table, which has a dual purpose as a changing table).
I'm not buying that three hours from civilization b.s. either. For one thing, if that's true, how the hell does she have internet access? I live in a very rural area, but still only twenty minutes from a town large enough to have diapers, not that I will ever need them. We have a single internet provider with service to my area, one telephone company, one choice for cable, etc. Three hours my ass! And if she is at the library using the internet, wouldn't that time be better spent looking for a job, versus asking strangers for handouts?
I agree with the comment by Melanie; surely she has a neighbor that would allow her to use a washing machine once in a while. How does she do her laundry now, with the "laundry matt" three hours away? I have so much contempt for this lady! If you wish to live in a remote area, you need to be fairly self-reliant.
My mother used cloth diapers [thats all they had] in the 50's and early 60's. She also stated after I was old enough to understand that she wished they had better birth control back then. But as a result of all the diaper wringing [she had 6 kyds in 6 years], she had the strongest little hands in the world! better to smack us with when we got out of line. We were the quietest 6 kyds you would ever have seen. No howler monkeys on crack in our litter.
You know , about 45 minutes ago I had to go to Target to pick up four prescriptions. I get two steps out the door and this shithead is standing there with his wife and baybee. He starts into his little speech and i cut him off.I stated{loudly!] "You know , I have total renal failure and congestive heart failure and my ass still gets up three times a week and goes to work. What EXACTLY is your problem? " He sort of shuffled his feet and couldn't make any eye contact with me. I then said " I thought so". and walked off. Fuckin prick!! GET A JOB!!!!!
eaglepoke56
You know , about 45 minutes ago I had to go to Target to pick up four prescriptions. I get two steps out the door and this shithead is standing there with his wife and baybee. He starts into his little speech and i cut him off.I stated{loudly!] "You know , I have total renal failure and congestive heart failure and my ass still gets up three times a week and goes to work. What EXACTLY is your problem? " He sort of shuffled his feet and couldn't make any eye contact with me. I then said " I thought so". and walked off. Fuckin prick!! GET A JOB!!!!!

I get approached by people "with families" for money more than ever because of the economy.

I just look at them and say "Look, I'm mentally ill, I can barely work myself - you need to go ask someone else". Then they usually get all uncomfortable because they think I am going to hurt them. LOL.
eaglepoke56

Thank you

lab mom
August 31, 2011
eaglepoke56

thumbs upup thumbs upup thumbs upup

I'm convinced that it's not so much the economy is bad, it is; but that employers, in an attempt to save money, are just trimming all the fat. What's happening is that people can't afford to employ the unemployable so the lazy, shiftless, illiterate, ill-behaved, stupid, mean, and uneducated are just being weeded out in favor of those who CAN compete on the job market.

No sympathy for people who are too stupid to figure out condoms before they had a decent skillset.
law1204
[thumbs upup thumbs upup thumbs upup

I'm convinced that it's not so much the economy is bad, it is; but that employers, in an attempt to save money, are just trimming all the fat. What's happening is that people can't afford to employ the unemployable so the lazy, shiftless, illiterate, ill-behaved, stupid, mean, and uneducated are just being weeded out in favor of those who CAN compete on the job market.

No sympathy for people who are too stupid to figure out condoms before they had a decent skillset.

This is exactly it. It is an employers' market these days and they can afford to sit back and wait for the perfect person to come along. They are also cutting and while some good people are getting laid off, they usually start by getting rid of the dead weight first before moving up. If your last performance evaluation was less than on target, be prepared for your new career at Taco Bell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
I wonder if we'll ever see the day for 'Something everyone can Depend on...' for seniors who cannot afford them....

two cents ΒΆΒΆ

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Ever hear of washing clothes in the sink or the bathtub? Get some bleach, some soap, a washboard and a brush. When the clothes, including the cloth diapers are done with the wash, hang them up outside on pins or on hangers around the house to dry.

That's probably too much work for the moos to handle. Work to them is making babies they can't afford. Jeez, they sell cheap diapers in a pack for less than ten dollars at the friggin' dollar store. Nice set of priorities there.
Every stupid piece of trash broke-ass breeder parunts that can't buy disposable one or claim they can't can wrap up their screeching little shit factories in cloth diapers TYVM IMHO. The reason brats are staying in damn disposable diapers until 1st grade is because the new plastic stuff generally keeps them much dryer/comfortable. It used to be babies were toilet trained at something likw 18 months. Having a cold, wet, smelly, shitty, nasty, dirty piece of cloth wrapped around you was very uncomfortable so you learned to crap in the toilet (or chamberpot) a whole earlier. I bet today's entitle-moo's could not fathom what 3rd world Moo's in the middle of Equatorial Africa do with there bebee's, probably have them shit in holes in the ground or something like that.

:bedmadelie :Violin
I've cut down by cancelling the Netflix and liberally using my library's dvd catalouge. I've watched entire saga's of TV shows (this is great b/c sans commercials), checked out more great books than I can read. How do I know this I work a library, you paid for it with tax payer money so why don't you use it dip-shit. I don't have cable as the internet is addictive enough. I buy myself new Dvd's only very occasionally now, preferably 2nd hand or with gift money.
dreamwalker
Every stupid piece of trash broke-ass breeder parunts that can't buy disposable one or claim they can't can wrap up their screeching little shit factories in cloth diapers TYVM IMHO. The reason brats are staying in damn disposable diapers until 1st grade is because the new plastic stuff generally keeps them much dryer/comfortable. It used to be babies were toilet trained at something likw 18 months. Having a cold, wet, smelly, shitty, nasty, dirty piece of cloth wrapped around you was very uncomfortable so you learned to crap in the toilet (or chamberpot) a whole earlier. I bet today's entitle-moo's could not fathom what 3rd world Moo's in the middle of Equatorial Africa do with there bebee's, probably have them shit in holes in the ground or something like that.

:bedmadelie :Violin

omg, this.

And, we don't have broadband (the kind available is rather pricy) so we deal with mobile net on our cell phones. It hasn't killed us, yet.

lab mom
if they can't afford diapers maybe they shouldn't be breeding.

or why not use cloth diapers? i'm sure the landfills will thank them.

L'enfer, c'est les autres.
September 01, 2011
Cloth diapers would require too much effort for breeders, and it could cut into their Farmville/soap opera/baby-daddy hunting time. I have no idea how many times a day a loaf soils itself, but rather than wash cloth diapers 10 times a day and have a kid that can be potty-trained around 2 years old, they'd rather stick a kid in a disposable diaper that it can shit in for up to 12 hours and Moo might only need to change it once or twice a day. And I hate those pull-up diapers that are meant to feel like underwear so kids feel like "big kids." Uhh, no - big kids shit in a toilet, not in their pants. Besides, if you stick a kid in a shitrag that feel like underwear, wouldn't that mean they'll continue to soil themselves if they ever move onto real underwear?

Sure, Junior might not learn to use a toilet until he's eight, but that's okay because at least Mommy wasn't inconvenienced by her child's frequent urination and bowel movements. As others have said, if you can't afford to have a kid and deal with its basic needs, then don't fucking have one. If Moos would just get off their asses and teach their kids to use a damn toilet as soon as possible, they wouldn't have to worry about affording diapers. But they'd rather be lazy retards, let their kids crap their pants for eight years, and then bitch to the whole wide world about how haaaaard and expensive it is to raise a child.
They have cloth diaper delivery services where you can pay someone to haul off dirty shitsacks and replace them for you.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
I bet it's more a marketing trick than anything else. Studies show that companies that do some "pro-bono" or non-profit work on the side get more business as a result because they look like the good guy. It's an indirect marketing technique. The obvious answer for these famblies who can't afford disposable diapers is to use cloth ones, obviously, but that would take business away from Huggies, so they don't put that idea on the table. Hmm...

And I agree with you all above - WHYYY would someone have an offspring if they can't afford even the most basic stuff for them? That's like buying a yacht when you're already in debt and then not having money to pay for its fuel. Having a baby is as essential and expensive as a yacht, and both make me feel seasick. I'll pass.
September 01, 2011
Don't make a baybee.

Then you won't need diapers for it! bouncing and laughing
September 01, 2011
Cambion
I have no idea how many times a day a loaf soils itself, but rather than wash cloth diapers 10 times a day and have a kid that can be potty-trained around 2 years old,

Loaves need about 10-15 diapers per day.
That makes about 3700 disposable diapers per year in landfill.
Parents wash cloth diapers every second day or so.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login