Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1594 heartless bitch.

Posted by mercurior 
1594 heartless bitch.
June 25, 2006
a few more interesting things from that site

People who abandon cats make my very soul puke. People who even think in terms of "getting rid of" a cat. That is so inhuman - in comparison to mere socially deficient assholes - that it is almost too strong a subject for the Pukefest column. It is heinous. It is unforgivable. Scum who do this make other people miserable, as well, not just the animals. The people they make miserable, many of them volunteers, are trying to rectify the results of these crimes against life, by rescuing, feeding, spaying and neutering, and of course euthanizing. The scummy types who abandon an animal because they're moving to a smaller place, or it damages furniture, ought to drop some of their children off at an orphanage or someone's doorstep - that would also save valuable furniture, and they could certainly move into a smaller place more easily! If you ever wondered if you are having an effect and making your mark on the world, you are. You cause suffering to animals, and a lot of pain to responsible people who don't have a pet or child until they know they can take care of it for the necessary duration.

The lemming-like rush to glorify mothers, single or otherwise. I have a degree in women's studies, and am pro-choice on anything that doesn't violate others' rights. A choice is everyone's right in the variety of people and human experience, whether your choices are good or stupid ones. Even stupidly made choices are your right, including squeezing out some babies even when you didn't plan your own life very well. Even when your own life is a lousy example of human excellence. That doesn't stop them from being stupid. But a trend toward single mothers of lemming proportions shows something else at work besides what you so self-flatteringly call "choice". If we truly were becoming more accepting of women, then ALL of women's choices would be equally accepted. There would be a concomitant increase in acceptance of never-married, single women. (They are not all gay, or all straight, but as varied as all people.) Instead of just benefits for single mothers, there would also be benefits for women who were intelligent enough to avoid having any children. How about it, corporate America? Government agencies? You have benefits for nonsmokers, why not for non-reproducers? (Calling child-free people "selfish" is like George Orwell's 1984 calling the war department the Ministry of Peace.) Instead of universal acceptance, I see what Nancy Friday called "the glorification of mommyhood". I see the militant mommy brigade. Yes, that is their choice; I do not see the same acceptance or support of other choices.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sherz
Re: 1594 heartless bitch.
June 25, 2006
Actions speak louder than words. If this poor schmuck really wanted to sprog he would seek out women who wanted the same. He seems to me like a guy who wants to have his cake and eat it, too. He wants to be with independent, interesting women, yet that doesn't go hand in hand with being tied down by baybees! He needed to borrow Christopher for about a week when 'ol Chris was still a young sprog. He'd see how little sleep, sex and writing he'd get done. Those paternal urgings would die pretty quickly!
June 26, 2006
What an awesome site.

Yeah, when people abandon cats (and dogs) it makes me want to puke my guts out.

lab mom
Actually, it seems that most tabloids are obsessed with not actresses losing the weight, but actresses getting pregnant.

I really cannot stand to see those front pages of celebrity magazines that ask, "Is she pregnant? Baby bump confirmed," and point to a star's bulging stomach as proof that she is knocked up. I think those editors of those rags are ridiculous because I bet that many of those so-called "pregnancies" are just a little extra weight gain. Actresses aren't superhuman; they gain weight just like the rest of us. So a bulging tummy could be the result of a few too many beers, not a baybee. The dumb editors don't seem to realize this.

If I was famous and someone said that I was preggo when I had actually just gained a few pounds, I would think about suing that person. I have gained some weight in the last few years thanks to the medication I'm on and other factors, and although I've lost some of it, I'm still having trouble losing the rest and have accepted the fact that I may never have a flatter tummy again or go back to the size I wore for years.

If I was an actress and facing a changing body thanks to weight gain, I'd be mortified if someone wrote that I was preggo. I was mistaken for being preggo two years ago when my sister-in-law was preggo, and although I know now that the people who made the mistake (my DH's parents' friends) knew about my sister-in-law's pregnancy and simply thought I was her, I did wonder for a while if my stomach looked like a pregnancy. I don't want to ever be mistaken for being preggo again!
Reese Witherspoon IS suing The Star for just that reason. I didn't read the rag, but according to the news, it said she was preggo, again. Some people call these celebs greedy, but they're people, too, and have the right to cry bullshit when some tabloid makes up lies just to sell papers.
June 26, 2006
It's not even just celebs. When I put on 20 pounds in 6 months because of medication, about 7 years ago, I was at work and heard the moos whispering in the ladies room that I was pregnant.

I felt like screaming: "No, I'm just fat, thank you!" Stupid nosey bitches.
Anonymous User
June 27, 2006
Medusa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> moos whispering in the ladies room that I was pregnant.
>
> I've been there! (well, sort of)

When I was married for about 1.5 years, I went on some medication which made me very anxious & teary-eyed.

This cuntastic single moo (who I thought was my friend) spread a rumor that- get this- the reason I'm not pregnant YET is that my psychiatrist advised against it because I was unstable & it would be too dangerous. (notice the YET)

Well, the meds I was taking were for something totally unrelated to my brain & emotions, and I wasn't seeing a psychiatrist.

This really hurt me so yeah, I understand any celeb suing over shit like their reporductive issues & if they're preggo. It has nothing to do with their acting or singing careers & is alot more invasive than just who is dating who. Good for Reese!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.