Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Now the damn kids have ruined my sauce...

Posted by Anonymous User 
Re: Now the damn kids have ruined my sauce...
December 13, 2010
kidlesskim
entitude413
Kim, there are actually a couple of books out there with "recipes" for hiding healthy food in the unhealthier stuff so the kiiiiids will eat it. One is by Jerry Seinfeld's wife...an annoying, twit of a woman...and is called "Deceptively Delicious". What ever happened to "you eat what I give you to eat, or you don't eat at all"??

That's another thing that I DETEST! When people try to "sneak in" food on me that they KNOW that I don't eat just ROYALLY pisses me off!!! I am not one to make a big deal about WHY I don't eat something, but these people in my husband's famblee pick up on each and everything that people eat(or not) at these famblee get togethers and make commentary on it, ANOTHER thing that I hate;People who are WAY too observant about what other people do or don't eat! I mean, WHY do they even care? Anway, it was observed that I don't eat beans and the commentary began almost immediately. When asked, I just replied, "Beans just don't agree with me" and left it at that!

The truth is that they give me SEVERE stomach cramps, intermittent constipation-the runs, and when I ever have eaten them I can count on having stomach virus types of symptoms for about 2 days. I choose not to go into detail about it because who wants to hear about shitting and constipation when they are about to eat!? Well, they purposely made a casserole that was LOADED with "whipped" beans of varying kinds, but the taste was camouflaged by the cheese and sour cream. I should have been suspicious because the inlaws kept asking, "Did you like that casserole?" It was delicious and I said so several times and ate two helpings. Then, my FIL gets this cheeky look and says, "It's FULL of beans! I told you if they are cooked right then you would LIKE beans!"angry flipping off

THIS was one of the very first times(there have been plenty since) that I showed my ass to them and I lost it. "I never SAID that I didn't LIKE beans!!!!!!! I LUUUUUUV beans, but unfortunately they started making me VERY VERY ill a few years back and NOW I will be sick for TWO DAYS!" It made me SO fucking mad that I just got up and went to the car as my husband trailed behind me in AWE that they could have been so stupid and thoughtless. The FIL called later to see how I was and I was very curt with him and by then had time to think of something better to say, which was about his SEVERE coconut allergy that has been known to cause anaphylaxis in him in the past.
I said, in a threatening Godfather tone,"You know, COCONUT is delicious and and is sold just about everywhere in oil form and could easily be poured into most any food! Maybe if it was MIXED IN RIGHT then YOU would learn to like it."angrily flogging with a whip

I had immediately loaded up on some Pepcid and Gas-X when I got home in hopes of thwarting the worst of it, but I shouldn't have HAD to do that! I suppose that I got my point across too because he apologized again later and it never happened again.:sam

That is one of the most juvenile, types of things for them to do. Your hubby needs to know, you are an adult, you are not a fussy child being picky about your foods. You have a right to state what you cannot eat, and not have it forced on you. His parents weren't just immature, they were downright passive aggressive with you. Especially following it up with, "I told you you would like beans", are your hubby's parents the type to resolve conflicts or disagreements with showing people up like bratty undisciplined spoiled brats? They are adults and should know better, it's almost like your hubby would have to talk down to them like they are 2 years old for them to begin to understand what they did wrong.

I think you should have told the FIL, "What you did was the equivalent of putting ex-lax into someone's meal, and having a giggle once they had to run to the bathroom. You made me sick, and you think that is amusing? I told you I didn't like beans, I tried to be polite by not going into details, but apparently that isn't big enough of a clue bat to get the message through your thick skull. I'd say you better keep that EpiPen on you at the next meal at our house, but unlike you I know how to resolve problems without resorting to the prankishness of a rotten little monster of a child."
yurble
Donna411
Sneaking food on kids isn't really new in my opinion. I once had a coworker who let his kids have those sugary cereals in the morning but he and his wife were having to cut corners because they had both been laid off from previous jobs and had to take a drop in pay. One thing they did was switch to the generic versions of those cereals. The kids said they didn't like them because they weren't the same cereals. What he started doing was keeping a few name brand boxes around and when the kids went to bed, he would fill them with the generic stuff. The kids saw the name brand box and didn't know the difference.

I'm always happy to try out the generic version of a product to see if I can tell the difference. I don't want to be manipulated by branding; I want to make a logical choice based on flavor. Lots of the time I can't tell the difference, and then I'm happy to switch. Some products, however, just taste foul in their generic forms (cola, for instance).

I find generic and store brands a mixed bag, some good, some not so good. As for pasta sauce in a jar, you can't beat Newman's Own.

Donna Four Eleven
Re: Now the damn kids have ruined my sauce...
December 13, 2010
lavender_rose
kidlesskim
entitude413
Kim, there are actually a couple of books out there with "recipes" for hiding healthy food in the unhealthier stuff so the kiiiiids will eat it. One is by Jerry Seinfeld's wife...an annoying, twit of a woman...and is called "Deceptively Delicious". What ever happened to "you eat what I give you to eat, or you don't eat at all"??

That's another thing that I DETEST! When people try to "sneak in" food on me that they KNOW that I don't eat just ROYALLY pisses me off!!! I am not one to make a big deal about WHY I don't eat something, but these people in my husband's famblee pick up on each and everything that people eat(or not) at these famblee get togethers and make commentary on it, ANOTHER thing that I hate;People who are WAY too observant about what other people do or don't eat! I mean, WHY do they even care? Anway, it was observed that I don't eat beans and the commentary began almost immediately. When asked, I just replied, "Beans just don't agree with me" and left it at that!

The truth is that they give me SEVERE stomach cramps, intermittent constipation-the runs, and when I ever have eaten them I can count on having stomach virus types of symptoms for about 2 days. I choose not to go into detail about it because who wants to hear about shitting and constipation when they are about to eat!? Well, they purposely made a casserole that was LOADED with "whipped" beans of varying kinds, but the taste was camouflaged by the cheese and sour cream. I should have been suspicious because the inlaws kept asking, "Did you like that casserole?" It was delicious and I said so several times and ate two helpings. Then, my FIL gets this cheeky look and says, "It's FULL of beans! I told you if they are cooked right then you would LIKE beans!"angry flipping off

THIS was one of the very first times(there have been plenty since) that I showed my ass to them and I lost it. "I never SAID that I didn't LIKE beans!!!!!!! I LUUUUUUV beans, but unfortunately they started making me VERY VERY ill a few years back and NOW I will be sick for TWO DAYS!" It made me SO fucking mad that I just got up and went to the car as my husband trailed behind me in AWE that they could have been so stupid and thoughtless. The FIL called later to see how I was and I was very curt with him and by then had time to think of something better to say, which was about his SEVERE coconut allergy that has been known to cause anaphylaxis in him in the past.
I said, in a threatening Godfather tone,"You know, COCONUT is delicious and and is sold just about everywhere in oil form and could easily be poured into most any food! Maybe if it was MIXED IN RIGHT then YOU would learn to like it."angrily flogging with a whip

I had immediately loaded up on some Pepcid and Gas-X when I got home in hopes of thwarting the worst of it, but I shouldn't have HAD to do that! I suppose that I got my point across too because he apologized again later and it never happened again.:sam

That is one of the most juvenile, types of things for them to do. Your hubby needs to know, you are an adult, you are not a fussy child being picky about your foods. You have a right to state what you cannot eat, and not have it forced on you. His parents weren't just immature, they were downright passive aggressive with you. Especially following it up with, "I told you you would like beans", are your hubby's parents the type to resolve conflicts or disagreements with showing people up like bratty undisciplined spoiled brats? They are adults and should know better, it's almost like your hubby would have to talk down to them like they are 2 years old for them to begin to understand what they did wrong.

I think you should have told the FIL, "What you did was the equivalent of putting ex-lax into someone's meal, and having a giggle once they had to run to the bathroom. You made me sick, and you think that is amusing? I told you I didn't like beans, I tried to be polite by not going into details, but apparently that isn't big enough of a clue bat to get the message through your thick skull. I'd say you better keep that EpiPen on you at the next meal at our house, but unlike you I know how to resolve problems without resorting to the prankishness of a rotten little monster of a child."

i probably would have just beat the living shit out of him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login