Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1603 Breeder Pushers

Posted by Sherz 
Sherz
1603 Breeder Pushers
June 27, 2006
I hate to babysit. I never did it when I was a teenager, and I will not do it as an adult. My brother, who has a 2 year old, is constantly suggesting that I babysit for him while he and my SIL go on vacation. He tries to make it sound like it will be some kind of resort experience for me because he lives in a hugh jass house and has a pool and jacuzzi. I'm sorry, but I'm smart enough to know that even if I'm staying in a fucking palace if I'm watching my neice I will NEVER get to even put my big toe in the freaking pool, let alone relax in the jacuzzi. I'll be too busy watching Dora the Explorer videos, and trying to get her to take a nap. It used to be so fun to visit before they had kids.
Re: 1603 Breeder Pushers
June 28, 2006
Babysitting was not my first choice for work as a teen but only did it for $$$. I actually lucked out and only had ONE pain-in-the-*ss kid. The two who lived on my grandfather's street were nice. So where the two boys I looked at in Martinez, CA as well as looking after the handicapped foster kids of these elderly Seventh Day Adventist people. The SDA's were actually very kind and thoughtful. They adhered to the "no TV" rule of their religion but made sure I had a nice radio to listen to and subscribed to cool mags -- like "National Geographic". Nowadays, I doubt I would find good clients because most kids are just plain spoiled by my generation who became parents.
June 28, 2006
Heh. I was an au pair, also known as a "status symbol" , for a summer. I lived with a very rich family in Connecticult and was in charge of their 8 year old daughter. Fortunately, for most of the summer she was at day camp, which freed me up to polish their silver, brass, keep the pool clean, do the laundry, make the meals, keep the house clean and raid the liquor cabinet. I was 18 at the time, and also had to accompany their 16 year old son to a Grateful Dead concert to make sure he didn't do drugs. I was always introduced as "Feh, our au pair from the MIDWEST", which trumped all but the swedish nannys in the status game, because apparently rich folks on the east coast believe girls from the midwest are the best and most wholesome on the planet - except the swedes.

I actually enjoyed it for the most part, especially when day camp ended and I could slack off on the cleaning and polishing. I enjoyed teaching her swear words, what good music is, and common sense stuff like "there's no such thing as a permanent school record" and "trust me, your peers are full of crap".
June 28, 2006
I should add here that my favorite part about taking care of kids, aside from the subversion, is giving them back to their parents and having an adult beverage alone in a quiet area, like my home, where there will never be the pitter pat of little human feet. Ahhhhh...so satisfying.
Sherz
June 28, 2006
At the end of every school year there is a family in our area that advertises for a "summer governess" on our school bulletin board. This couple has 6 children and wants a certified teacher to live with them during the summer to tutor, take their children to activities, do housework, some cooking, and watch their children while they travel. Here's what pissed me off. They basically want a certified slave for $6.50 an hour. I can't imagine the hell of taking care of 6 yuppie brats for that low amount. That would be my version of hell. I'm sure some dumbass, right out of college, is kissing their yuppie asses right now for that low wage. (I know teachers, many of them are so passive.) All the while the yuppie parents are in Europe bragging about how the children are with their governess.
June 28, 2006
I was forced to baby-sit on occasion for a couple years, and it was in doing that that my childfree decision got cemented. I've probably told this story here before, but I'll tell it again, for the sake of the topic.

The cuplrit was my aunt, who was very used to having a social life all her life. Almost six years ago, she got knocked up by a guy she was cheating on her boyfriend with. Her being the alleged hardcore Catholic, she wouldn't abort, so she ended up marrying the father. She lived with him halfway across the country, and no one back home thought anything of it because her job involved a lot of traveling and she might be gone for months at a time. She came home three years later with a toddler, but made sure only family members knew because she didn't want anyone in our little everyone-knows-everyone-else's-business town to hear she had a child, because word would get back to her boyfriend and all hell would break loose. But I digress.

When my aunt would come home, she'd stay at her mother's house and help take care of her mother (her mother/my grandma has Parkinson's and severe dementia...so it's like taking care of an 80-year-old baby). My mom and I would be the most frequent visitors to my grandma's house, and we'd go to visit, help take care of my grandma, and keep the kid occupied.

After spending sometimes the entire day at the house, my aunt would say to her kid right in front of my mother and I, "Do you want to go to aunt Chrissy's house?" Keep in mind that she never asked my mom if this was okay...she just asked the kid. Of course the kid knew there were tons of toys at our house (some of which I would rather not have her play with) and cats to play with (which I also didn't want her playing with because she was rough with them sometimes). Or....or or or...as my mom and I would be backing out of the driveway, the kid would come running toward us and climb in the car and say, "Mommy told me to go to your house". My mom felt like she couldn't just say "no" because, you know, if you're family, you're required to be the free baby-sitter whenever the breeder wants you to be, even if you have plans. And she didn't want to make waves between her and her sister, so she just submitted to her sister's wishes.

I fucking hated having to watch the kid, especially at my mom's house. My mom did her best to pretend to be happy around the kid, but I didn't. The kid always had to go in my room and play with my stuff...she ripped the tags off a lot of my plushies because "she didn't like tags". She once threw toys all over the floor and arranged them in the most awkward way. I cleaned them up the next day, and when the kid came back to the house two weeks later, she was screaming because I didn't leave my room in disarray for her, so she "had to clean the house again", which meant throwing all my stuff back where it was.

At one point, she decided she wanted to see the basement and she saw all the boxes of junk we had packed away. You know how kids are about that...boxes=presents for me me me! She made my mom open every last box for her because two huge storage bins were filled up with my old Beanie Babies and one box had my old baby clothes in it, and we're talking about a kid obsessed with toys and clothes. It wasn't pretty...I'll say that much.

My fuse with that kid grew shorter each time I had to baby-sit. It got to the point where I was going crazy watching her for an hour while my aunt and my mom dragged my grandma to church. At the very least, when church was involved, we were at my grandma's house...so the kid couldn't wreck any of my stuff. Don't get me wrong - the kid doesn't misbehave or anything. I just can't stand being forced to play mindless games to entertain the little bastards.

One reason why I'm glad my mom and my aunt aren't talking is that I don't have to baby-sit the damn kid anymore. That felt good to rant about that. XD
June 28, 2006
Sherz, that sickens me that these rich yuppies only want to pay a certified teacher a pittance of $6.50/hourly to watch those passel of brats. Heck, that is barely above minimum wage where I live!

Breeders love to brag about their "governesses" or "au pairs".

Feh, the mention of Swedish au pairs give me the creeps. The married daddios are usually trying to get into bed with an overseas au pair especially thinking the European/Swedish girls are "easy". What creeps these men are?
Zoe
June 28, 2006
My SIL recently asked my husband if we could babysit his nephew (2) next month.

She totally forgot about our big rambunctious dog! So, she said,ooops nevermind. LOL Best thing we ever did, getting that dog.
Anonymous User
June 28, 2006
I mistakingly mentioned to my mother that me & DH MIGHT move closer to where my bro & sil & their 1.5 yr old live. The absolute FIRST thing out of my mom's mouth was, "Great, than you can BABYSIT!"

(Whaaaa???)

Than last month I'm in the car going to lunch w/ 2 preggo coworkers. They know I don't want kids. Still, they start with that, "WE'RE going to bring OUR babies over to YOUR house so YOU can watch
them, teeheehee!"

OK. Besides the fact that the kid isn't even born & they're allready trying to pawn them off on me, I didn't appreciate the smugness & superiority. Why are CF people always fair game for that shit?

I told them, "Thanks, but I'll be nursing a hangover and sleeping til 2- then I have an orgy scheduled at my house later that evening". I think they got the message.

CF VTer
June 28, 2006
> I told them, "Thanks, but I'll be nursing a hangover and sleeping til 2

smiling smiley Drink better scotch!

Seriously, that would be my reaction, too. "Uh, you can bring them here, but don't expect them to survive, and if they scream, I'm putting them outside."

Grace
June 28, 2006
I baby sat twice when I was in junior high school for two of my teachers' children. The children were well-behaved, but I thought it was boring and I have never baby sat since then. Even parents of well-behaved children don't want to be around them ALL THE TIME. For parents, being able to leave their children with a baby sitter or at summer camp = time off for good behavior. It's their only way to escape (temporarily) the boredom and annoyance inherent in caring for children. This is one reason I never believe parents who rave on about how fulfilling and rewarding it is to be a parent. The next sentence out of their mouths is always "do you baby sit?"
Sherz
June 28, 2006
Another thing that keeps me from having to babysit relative's kids are my cats. When realtives visit me with their kids, I purposely make an extra big deal over my kitties, letting them know that my oldest can be a bit unpredictable with her claws, but how I can't bear to keep her locked up when we have visitors! I also am very much a minimalist and have nothing in my house that a kid would want to play with, except for "dirty" cat toys. Having a big old pond in my back yard makes it very child unfriendly, as well!
Anonymous User
June 29, 2006
CF VTer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Drink better scotch!

LOL!
>
> if they scream, I'm putting them
> outside."

Once my husband said to a breeder pusher (using his serious voice) "Well, the attic is safe, we can lock them up there while we go out..."

I had to walk away before I busted a gut.
BillyC
June 29, 2006
My fugly breederhag SIL thought it would be funny to bring her 2 and 3 year olds over and leave them with us so she could go find new fresh meat at the local dive pick-up bar. She spilled the beans to her mother, who promptly called us and warned us. We got out of the house quickly and drove 50 miles to the nearest nice hotel and stayed overnight. SIL shows up all dressed up in her sluttiest clothing (according to our neighbors), then pitches a bitchfit when she finds out we're not there.

She hasn't tried it since we told her that the kids would come in the front door and out the back to CPS as being abandoned. Well, that and me telling her that if she ever showed up at our door again that I would rip her head off.

She is a single moo martyr who needs more swift kicks to her ass than anyone else in existence.
June 29, 2006
Normally, I don't care what women wear as long as they don't complain of sexual harassment if they let their jeans ride below their butts at work and then cry how the male employees are "leering". However, I must say how I notice single mothers being notorious for wearing the most revealing clothing. Even if the moo looks halfway decent, there is nothing "sexy" about a woman on her own with offspring from another guy. No outfit can make up for that!

There was a very pretty and firm-bodied single mother of two nasty sprogs who used to live in my complex. She did office work for awhile and then found she could earn more as a stripper. Only the creeps would pay her attention at the pool despite her great looks in her bikini. Not-So-DH leered at her when he moved in which should have been a red flag re: who he is as a person but I tried to overlook at as "typical male behavior". I had to "live and learn" like many women.

The stripper-moo had a decent man once living with her one. She drove him away. After that, it was trash. She whined how no one a the stripper bar wanted her for her "personality" which 'inhaled with great force' anyway. She went back to clerical work and moved away when a much-older car salesman took her & the brats in. Moo has been visiting lately. Her kids are so much worse. The woman still wears "slutwear". Sad thing is that her oldest child, a teenage girl, is following Moomie's lead with the clothing.
Anonymous User
June 29, 2006
BillyC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My fugly breederhag SIL

LOL!!!

She spilled the beans to her mother, who promptly called us and warned us.

Thank GAWD she called you! She's probably sick & tired of her daughter's shit, too.

June 29, 2006
No one has ever asked me to baybeesit, and I am SO glad!
Sherz
June 29, 2006
That was a good plan, Billy C. Too much slutwear and too many bars will result in another skuzzy sprog from your skanky SIL.
June 29, 2006
I've babysat, well, while helping my mother with my nephew. I HATED it.

lab mom
Anonymous User
June 30, 2006
I was cured of any urge I may have had to babysit many times over- while watching my mom with my younger brothers and neighbor kids she'd babysit, and from my experience being babysat.

I remember walking past a bedroom where my mom was changing a newborn once. It was this naked, squirmy thing on the bed and my mom goes, "Come look at the baby- isn't she so little & kyooot! My feet were frozen from entering the room, so I eeked out a pathetic "yeah.." to humor her. Being the oldest & female with a baby-loving mom, it was hard not to think something was wrong with me.

My mom also worked full-time so every day for a few years the 4 of us had to spend mornings & after school with a neighbor in her smelly, squalid house, along with about 10 younger kids & babies. All I remember are the smells, the noise, the mess, the changing babies on mid-living room floor, the sticky bottles & cold pukey baby cereal. The zoo smelled better than that house.

I couldn't imagine how anyone would want their life to be that way, even if they got paid for it. So I avoided all attempts to get me to babysit. I know I feel the same because a few years ago, a neighbor showed up at my door & asked me to watch her 6 mo old grandson for a half hour while she ran out. I could tell she was desperate, and I'm always going out of my way to help people, but I lied & said I had the flu & couldn't do it. I know she didn't believe me, but she took me off guard & my true feelings came out.

June 30, 2006
Oh, I'd call her smart ass out on this one, she's making an ass out of you guys and I wouldn't put up with it. You need to embarrass the shit out of her in front of a room full of people.

Ask her "WHY do you insist on bringing this subject up every time we see you? Are you upset that my life is not a childed mess like yours? Or maybe you want to pawn your kids off because you realize your life is hell and need some peace and quiet for a change? Or maybe it's because your breeder-brain has no other subjects stored that you can intelligently talk about?"
sprogless
June 30, 2006
My SIL is the worst excuse for a moo I've ever seen. She used to dump her kid on my former step- MIL every damned day. Finally, SMIL told her she would only watch Fugly one evening per week, and only until 10pm. Sil stood there, with her hands balled into fists at her sides, and screamed "I wasted nine months of my life being pregnant with him, and now you're telling me I have to watch him too?!"
I didn't personally witness this display of parental affection, but SMIL told me what happened. She divorced FIL, because she couldn't deal with his son, and his waste of skin wife, anymore. I was sorry to see her go, but who could blame her?
June 30, 2006
at least the said she wasted 9 months..

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.