Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Growing up Hungry......zzzzzzzzzz

Posted by Miss_Hannigan 
Growing up Hungry......zzzzzzzzzz
December 16, 2010
I'll abbreviate this tale of woe to spare you:

Perhaps it’s vanity (or fear, or even shame) that keeps me from remembering the general year of the shameful day, but it was during an exceptionally rough period when my parents fought day and night about the finances. I’m eight (maybe nine) and I’ve just gotten home after a day of middle school. I’m with my little brother (he’s five or six), and we’re alone. I don’t recall if my mother left us a note telling us where she had gone, or what. All I know is that at that moment I was certain that my father was at his job in Boston. Because that’s where my father always was. At work.

I remember my brother whining. He was hungry. I felt it too.

I climbed up onto the counter to get a good look inside the kitchen cupboards. I found only jars of dried lentils, spices, and boxes of tea. A bag of cereal hidden away in the back of the cabinet caught my eye. I poured the contents into two bowls, only to find worms crawling inside. I screamed, and then quickly pretended there was nothing wrong. I didn’t want to frighten my baby brother. It was important to be responsible and be a good older sister. I shouldn’t scare him with details.

Frustration overtook me. How could there be nothing for us to eat? Why didn’t we get to have chicken nuggets or white bread sandwiches with the crust cut off, just like the other kids? The Brady Bunch never had to go through this sort of thing.

“That’s it,” I yelled. “I can’t take this any more.”

I did the only thing I could think of. I grabbed my green winter coat, put on my boots, and headed for the door. I didn’t have a specific plan. All I knew was that we needed a snack. I told my brother I’d be right back.....

I eyed the neighbor’s Volvo station wagon. Several sets of skiis were mounted to the roof. The Drinkwaters—the pilot dad, the stay at home mom, and the perfect blonde boys—were the closest thing I knew to filthy rich neighbors. As far as I was concerned, this idea of mine was going to be easy. These people were sure to have more than enough food to spare. They were going to thank me for taking all their extra cookies and white bread off their hands.

Once I got to the Drinkwater’s front door, I rang the doorbell. I recall waiting in silence as I daydreamed about the peanut butter and Marshmallow fluff sandwiches I’d soon be eating. The front door opened and Mrs. Drinkwater, a short woman with a perfect S-curve of blond hair—opened the door. She was dressed in business clothes and had a stern look on her face.

I remember thinking in that brief moment that maybe I should run away. But it was too late. I had committed myself to the act of begging. I had to feed my brother and me.

“Yes?” she said. She stared at me with a detached air that reminded me of all the rich people I had ever met.

“We’re hungry,” I said. “There’s nothing in our house to eat.”

Mrs. Drinkwater said nothing for what felt like hours. I looked downwards in shame. Her gaze was like screws going into my skin. My eyes landed on my dirty winter coat. I saw yellow marker stains and grease spots at the cuffs of my turtleneck with strawberries on it. I pulled my arms behind my back. I prayed she hadn’t noticed.

“Where is your mother?” she asked.

“I don’t know,” I said. Just past Mrs. Drinkwater’s storm door I could see the living room. It was perfect and clean. The house smelled like Sloppy Joes.

“There’s nothing in your house to eat?” she said. My face went warm. I was ashamed for thinking she could actually understand my need for help. Why wasn’t she inviting me in?

“And your father? Where is he?” she asked. More judging. I remember thinking that everyone was going to find out that I was stupid and poor.

“He’s at work,” I said.

She gripped the glass storm door. I couldn’t understand why she kept me outside on her snowy front step. I shifted my feet inside my rubber boots. The fake fur had rubbed away and all I could feel were my bare feet against rubber and snow. It was then I realized I had made a very big mistake. I couldn’t trust this woman for her help...

“I’m sorry to have bothered you,” I said.

“I will talk to your mother,” Mrs. Drinkwater said. The click of the knocker as the door closed was as loud as a yelled insult...

I wish the story ended with Mrs. Drinkwater taking me aside and giving me a little money. Or how a casserole miraculously appeared on our front door the next day. But the real ending, was actually a long, slow end that came in the form of many tears, more hungry days, and lots of dealing with the neighbor’s awkward looks.....

Our house might have looked nice enough on the outside, but on the inside, the rooms gave my family’s financial woes away. Our hand-me-down couch was covered with sheets. Our windows didn’t have curtains or shades. I knew we had money enough for a house, but not enough money for all the bills. Some days the phone didn’t work.

So what do I think about Mrs. Drinkwater now? Well, lots. I feel sorry for the woman. A person who would not help a neighbor’s child is small and fearful. I feel angry, too. How she could ignore a hungry child and serve only a large helping of judgment is something I will never understand. Maybe she had her own secrets. Maybe she had an inner pain so deep she was trying to protect me from it. ....

This is clearly a one-sided tale. Allow me to put my Heartless Bitch hat on.

You are Mrs. Drinkwater. You studied hard in school and take pride in your house and do your best to provide for your children, whom you could afford to have. A family moves in - they seem nice enough at first, but you realize things arent well. You can hear their screaming arguments every day through the window. The father works late every night, but more than likely he's having a fling on the side instead. Money is tight, and the landscaping suffers - was that fast food garbage on the lawn all week? The kids are always dirty and get into trouble at school too.

So when one of the neighbor's urchins shows up on your doorstep, it's a slap in your face. How do these assholes afford a house in your neighborhood, but still can't feed their damn dirty kids? It's not your problem. You mentally note to call CPS and maybe bitch at the mom - you've been looking for an excuse for a long time, and here it is.

I'll see you all in Hell.

Re: Growing up Hungry......zzzzzzzzzz
December 16, 2010
I had a next door neighbor "single mom" with a little girl much like this. The moo was a fucking whore and I would imagine that her whiny little kyd probably turned out just like her. Her kyd knocked on my door on several occasions asking to "borrow" some mac and cheese, eggs, peanut butter, etc........I'd ask, "Where is your mom?" Then she'd tell me that she was asleep, which I didn't doubt but passed out would have been a better description. I knew the girl's grandmoo, who was a decent person, so I tattled to her about the care that her grandbrat was receiving at the hands of her whore daughter and they moved not long after that. In addition to her asking for food, she had asked me for rides to school when she saw me leaving for work, which I didn't give her for a variety of reasons the main one being that LATE kyds have to be "checked in" and I didn't want MY NAME on anything.angry smiley

Also, one night at about 9PM she knocked on my door and asked if she could stay for awhile because her moo was out looking for their dog. THIS after she had already left the kyd there alone and she was probably about 8. She got back around midnight and was OBVIOUSLY high, but I read her the riot act and she never pulled that stunt again.I did however ALWAYS give that kyd whatever food that she asked for and always tossed in extra shit as well for her to eat and drink. I also fed their dog too, but that was mainly to keep his incessant barking at a minimum and was for selfish reasons. It's not just because she was a kyd that I gave her food, because if ANY person had the guts to walk up to me and ask me for food and I had it, then I'd give it to them and not ask any questions.

Calling CPS would have done no good, because other than the lack of food sometimes, she appeared otherwise cared for, clean, and fed. By the time CPS would have shown up, the moo would have had on her good moo face and nothing would have been accomplished.eye rolling smiley That little girl is probably in her early twenties now and I would guess that she has a kyd of her own who is probably knocking on her neighbors' doors.:Violin

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 16, 2010
Ugh, I am on Team Drinkwater. Guess I am a heartless bitch too. I decided to read the entire thing. "Trusted neighbor?" The woman probably had no idea who this kid was because she never played with her kids.

She probably stood there thinking, "They bought a house in an affluent neighborhood and now it looks like shit which drags the neighborhood down with it. They never paid us the time of day, their kids were not friends with mine. And now their dirty kids show up on my step begging for food?? While their mother is off getting shitfaced someplace? I have to pay for these people with my taxes, and I don't even get the benefit of a bigger tax credit."

repeat after me....if you can't feed 'em, don't breed 'em.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 16, 2010
Is it wrong to call the cops to report unattended young children?? You would think the police would take the kyds away, feed them, and put them in some kind of foster care until the missing assholes who bred them could be found.
December 16, 2010
law1204
Is it wrong to call the cops to report unattended young children?? You would think the police would take the kyds away, feed them, and put them in some kind of foster care until the missing assholes who bred them could be found.

Lately there seems to be an epidemic of moos leaving their kids at home whilst they run down to the local watering hole for a few hours. Some of these kids are 3 or 4 years old, locked in a room "asleep." The moos are being charged with child endangerment, and could lose custody. So, yeah, if this is going on in your neighborhood, I'd call the cops.
Anonymous User
December 16, 2010
Another Team Drinkwater here. Mrs. D knew damn well that if she fed them once, they'd be over for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I never expected anyone to give me anything in my life and I've never felt entitled to other people's food. I'll bet the LW is one of those jerks who steals food off of other people's plates in restaurants and raid co-workers' lunch bags.
Miss_Hannigan NLI
December 16, 2010
This is typical breeder logic. Don't blame your whoring, drunk mom or your ineffectual father for not putting food in the cabinets - they are beyond reproach. Instead, blame the neighbor you've never even said "hello" to for not wanting to feed your hungry ass.

If I seem extra hateful today, it's because I'm tired of doing the right thing and managing to survive while these fuckwits skate by on hanouts...and breed more fuckwits.
December 16, 2010
Miss_Hannigan NLI
This is typical breeder logic. Don't blame your whoring, drunk mom or your ineffectual father for not putting food in the cabinets - they are beyond reproach. Instead, blame the neighbor you've never even said "hello" to for not wanting to feed your hungry ass.

If I seem extra hateful today, it's because I'm tired of doing the right thing and managing to survive while these fuckwits skate by on hanouts...and breed more fuckwits.

I had meant to comment about that part and had forgotten. It wasn't lost on me that she has this seething anger toward the neighbor, yet seemingly no animosity for the bastard and whore who PUT her in the position to have to ask a neighbor for food. She is writing this as an adult, so SURELY she can now see that while she was suffering and hungry, that neighbor had no way of knowing it! For all the neighbor knew, this little girl was somewhat "off" and maybe had plenty of food, but just not what she wanted, like kids often do when they say, "There's NOTHING to eat here!", which in fact there's plenty of food only it isn't frozen pizzas or Klondike Bars. She also keeps referring to the lady as "rich" but SHE lived next door! It wasn't as if she had walked a mile from her home in the ghetto and started randomly knocking on the doors of the wealthy!

As an adult, she should also be able to realize now that maybe the neighbor had problems with her shitty moo in the past and didn't want to "get involved". Maybe the woman wasn't looking at her in a judgmental way, but maybe she was just skeptical as to why this kyd was coming to her house asking her for food! She's still alive, so obviously she wasn't starving and had to have gotten food from somewhere at some time! Why didn't she pick up the phone and call her father or grandmother? I knew my dad's and all of our relative's numbers at that age. Why didn't she call her MOTHER or the police? She is placing WAY too much blame on that one lady who may have had every reason to fear getting involved with anything like what was probably going on next door. For all she knew, this was some sort of a ploy to get inside her home, claim that she abused the kyd to cover her own tracks, or just about anything. This following part here is disturbing too:

"...I wish the story ended with Mrs. Drinkwater taking me aside and giving me a little money. Or how a casserole miraculously appeared on our front door the next day. But the real ending, was actually a long, slow end that came in the form of many tears, more hungry days, and lots of dealing with the neighbor’s awkward looks....."

No casserole or spare change from a neighbor could have saved that child from the life that followed Mrs Drinkwater not wanting to get involved. Mrs Drinkwater probably told that whore of a mother about it and got her head bit off for being nosy. While this girl's whole life is sad, it is NOT the fault of Mrs Drinkwater or any of the other neighbors, for that matter. If the lady had given her something to eat, then the poor thing would have been at her house every fucking day like a stray cat. I know that I would have given the kyd something to eat against my better judgment, but under the circumstances with her and the brother being left there alone like that all of the time, I would have also called the police.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
December 16, 2010
You know what else I get from the summary? The did have food in the house (lentils), just not readily accessible junk the kids wanted to eat, "like chicken nuggets or white bread sandwiches with the crust cut off."

I wonder if the parents were finally trying to live within their means by buying inexpensive food instead of the crap their kids wanted. Were the kids that hungry because they'd skipped meals because they didn't like the food? I just wonder... assuming that's not the case:

I blame the parents for not teaching them any cooking skills, and teaching them a sense of entitlement instead. Perhaps the children were hungry and should have been fed, but they weren't going to starve if they missed a snack. It's no surprise that the author went to the neighbor next door, and is still blaming that neighbor for judging them. The author ought to blame her parents, not the neighbor. Taking care of the neighbor's children was never Mrs. Drinkwater's responsibility, and when someone requests charity from you, you're perfectly entitled to judge them.

I'll save my sympathy for children born in parts of the world where everyone is starving, and adults don't have access to contraceptives. Whenever you have ready access to birth control, there is never any excuse for having children you can't afford to feed.
December 16, 2010
"I eyed the neighbor’s Volvo station wagon. Several sets of skiis were mounted to the roof. The Drinkwaters—the pilot dad, the stay at home mom, and the perfect blonde boys—were the closest thing I knew to filthy rich neighbors. As far as I was concerned, this idea of mine was going to be easy. These people were sure to have more than enough food to spare. They were going to thank me for taking all their extra cookies and white bread off their hands...."

This actually sounds exactly like welfare whore mentality and she was only eight years old! It's the typical breeder-whore analogy: "THEY have plenty and should give me some of it! They shouldn't only mind giving me what is rightfully theirs, but should THANK me while I take it from them too!" This kyd could have some sort of a junk food addiction too what with coveting white bread, chicken nuggets and cookies, which is why the moo may have left the cabinets barren. Her freezer could have been stocked with food, but since it wasn't junk food then she was "hungry". Another thing too that was a red flag is that she had JUST gotten home from school, so we KNOW that she had lunch and if she had "just" gotten home, then it could only have been about 3-4PM! The little brother probably filled his gullet before he left whatever daycare he was in as well. She may have also been leaving out important information too like she MAY have been a real porker, what with her vast knowledge of cookies, white bread without crusts, and nuggets and all. :dindin

She's only 8 and is already casing out what other people have, judging THEM, and feeling like that she deserves what they have simply because they have too much and are "rich". I'd like to hear Mrs. Drinkwater's side to this story.confused smiley

December 16, 2010
Miss_Hannigan NLI

Don't worry about sounding "hateful", because if you do, I do, too. I don't know if it's because of the holidays or what, but I am really burnt the fuck out on people having their goddamn hands out for this, that, or the other thing. Maybe Miss Entitlebitch could consider another angle - it's quite possible that Mrs. Drinkwater could have grown up poor herself and been determined to make the right choices to get herself the fuck out of that situation. And maybe-just maybe- she's sick and tired of people who don't have shit to say unless they want something. Christ, you have $5 in your pocket and right away someone is begging you for $2.50. I know I am assuming an awful lot here, but maybe it's not too far off.

And I hear you about the parents being above reproach. No matter how shitty a job they may do at raising the kyds, people are always loath to blame the parents. Nothing, apparently, turns a complete fuckup into a saint faster than having those kyds.
December 16, 2010
That is what I don't get....it is the fault of the breeders who apparently could not keep the pantry with food, not the neighbors who apparently spent wisely, had kids they can afford and managed to put up some disposable income toward hobbies. Yet it is the neighbor's fault she had no food that day.

I think of these parents like cuckoos....they lay their eggs in others' nests so other birds will take care of their young. They kill the other eggs, if I am not mistaken, so their young will be taken care of. This family was a big batch of cuckoo, in more ways than one.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 16, 2010
she SAYS "All I knew was that we needed a snack".

No one "needs" a SNACK. (except diabetics)

I'm with the people who think the parents didn't keep junk-food in the house and the kids would go around acting like that was some kind of torture. They probably saw what the other kids at school have in their lunches (twinkles, doritos, etc.), and hatched this clever plan to go around begging the neighbors for their "extra" junk food. It's entirely possible that the parents of these brats went around to the neighbors and said "If my kid ever asks you for something to eat, don't give them anything. We don't allow our kids to eat between meals because it ruins their appetites." OF COURSE Mrs. Drinkwater is going to be giving you the stink-eye if you keep coming around with stories about how you're "starving".

Either that, or she doesn't want to end up feeding you nuts or some shit you're allergic to and getting sued for it.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
December 16, 2010
Call me a bitch, but if I see some dirty brat at my door, I'm not gonna open it, period. Don't give a shit if they're selling chocolate for cub scouts, giving out pamphlets for the Joho's or looking for a hand out. If you come to my door unaccompanied by an adult, go the fuck away cause I won't be opening it!
December 16, 2010
kidlesskim
"I eyed the neighbor’s Volvo station wagon. Several sets of skiis were mounted to the roof. The Drinkwaters—the pilot dad, the stay at home mom, and the perfect blonde boys—were the closest thing I knew to filthy rich neighbors. As far as I was concerned, this idea of mine was going to be easy. These people were sure to have more than enough food to spare. They were going to thank me for taking all their extra cookies and white bread off their hands...."

This actually sounds exactly like welfare whore mentality and she was only eight years old! It's the typical breeder-whore analogy: "THEY have plenty and should give me some of it! They shouldn't only mind giving me what is rightfully theirs, but should THANK me while I take it from them too!"

That stood out to me too, and I'm thinking that since the kid was only 8, she didn't come up with that entitlement mentality on her own! Her parents probably said shit like "The Drinkwaters have money. They should be ashamed for spending their money on ski trips and fancy cars instead of giving it to people like us." the world 'fail' on flames

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
December 16, 2010
The Drinkwaters are anything but rich if the moo stays home and raises kids on the single income of a pilot. They don't make as much as you think, unless they've been flying for 500 years.
Miss_Hannigan NLI
December 16, 2010
Next time a stray child shows up at my door asking for food, I'll give it a peanut butter sandwich. Then I'll hear another knock on the door an hour later.

"Ess-kooze me, you the one who gib my Nevaeh a peanut-burr sammich? Yeah, ok, my chile? She not s'pose to have no peanut burr. She got tooken by the ambalamps to the E-arrrah and she all sick an shit. Whayou figna do, poison my chile and shit? Ima sue your ass, muthafucka."
December 16, 2010
Miss_Hannigan NLI
Next time a stray child shows up at my door asking for food, I'll give it a peanut butter sandwich. Then I'll hear another knock on the door an hour later.

"Ess-kooze me, you the one who gib my Nevaeh a peanut-burr sammich? Yeah, ok, my chile? She not s'pose to have no peanut burr. She got tooken by the ambalamps to the E-arrrah and she all sick an shit. Whayou figna do, poison my chile and shit? Ima sue your ass, muthafucka."

Umm feeding the family?

Anonymous User
December 17, 2010
Sounds like Mrs. Drinkwater had her head screwed on.

It's obvious she barely knew the kyd. How does having the misfortune to be their neighbour equate to being a drop-in shelter when the brat gets hungry?

It's all very noble to take pity in cases like these but give these people an inch and, more often than not, they'll take a mile. Kyd would have gone home & reported that the nice lady next door had fed them. Thus leaving the pahrunts to deduce that they needn't bother feeding their own offspring when there's a soft-touch next door that will do it for them.
December 17, 2010
rabbits_rats_rotties
It's all very noble to take pity in cases like these but give these people an inch and, more often than not, they'll take a mile. Kyd would have gone home & reported that the nice lady next door had fed them. Thus leaving the pahrunts to deduce that they needn't bother feeding their own offspring when there's a soft-touch next door that will do it for them.

Indeed, you just know this would not be a one-off event! I'm not sure the kid would have mentioned it to the parents, since she was already aware of their financial circumstances. But I can certainly imagine that she would have started coming there more frequently (every time her mother wasn't home), and soon would have been going there every day after school.

navi8orgirl
I think of these parents like cuckoos....they lay their eggs in others' nests so other birds will take care of their young. They kill the other eggs, if I am not mistaken, so their young will be taken care of. This family was a big batch of cuckoo, in more ways than one.

I've thought that as well, except unlike cuckoos, they still want to retain some aspects of childrearing. Otherwise they'd just give their children up for adoption. No, these kind of parents want to be sure that their children remember them and honor them, and it sure seems like they succeeded with this woman who to this day does not blame her parents but the neighbor for not feeding her.

SlumSlut
I'm with the people who think the parents didn't keep junk-food in the house and the kids would go around acting like that was some kind of torture. They probably saw what the other kids at school have in their lunches (twinkles, doritos, etc.), and hatched this clever plan to go around begging the neighbors for their "extra" junk food. It's entirely possible that the parents of these brats went around to the neighbors and said "If my kid ever asks you for something to eat, don't give them anything. We don't allow our kids to eat between meals because it ruins their appetites." OF COURSE Mrs. Drinkwater is going to be giving you the stink-eye if you keep coming around with stories about how you're "starving".

After I read the whole article, I had this impression more strongly. She's not talking about a regular thread of hunger, and constant want throughout her childhood, but a few incidents of feeling hungry. I suppose today's children never feel any hungry, since food is crammed down their gullets 24/7, but I'm of the opinion that a bit of waiting for food can be character-building. If you have to wait until dinner to feel full, you're already better off than 90% of people alive today, and 99.9999% of people who ever lived. It doesn't sound like she was hungry often enough for her health to be affected, so I just can't see it as any kind of a tragedy but simply one of life's experiences.

I think I'll skip breakfast today. It's been a while since I deliberately ensured that I felt hungry before eating.
December 17, 2010
I wouldn't be surpised if this person is a thief - she (I think) covets what others have so much and feel she herself deserves it and whoever has it should be thankful if said whiny, hungry brat takes it. I guarantee this person is a shoplifter or "borrows" things from others and never gives them back. Why bother returning that copy of Avatar to the video store since they have so many? Why, were it not for Sticky Fingers here, the store wouldn't have a nice empty spot for a new movie! Yup, save everyone from their perceived excess by begging or robbing.
It's no one's goddamn job to feed kids except their own parents. I sure as fuck wouldn't feed some stranger's bastard who showed up on my doorstep asking for a snack - I don't even do that for Halloween. Once you feed someone like this, they see you as a 24/7 free buffet; there's no doubt in my mind if Mrs. Drinkwater fed this little asshole, she'd be back every day with her brother. The parents might send them over to bring some food back. Some of my friends growing up were poor and their parents would tell them to go to birthday parties and bring them home some cake and pizza so they wouldn't have to cook dinner.
You want food, call your family. Don't stand on your neighbor's stoop and whine about being hungry.
December 17, 2010
I bet Hungry Girl's parents were vegans or gluten-free or some "special-dietary-needs" people.

I'm not saying they weren't FUCKED UP somehow; I do not have enough information to determine that. But it seems like there is totally more here than meets the eye, and to shift the focus onto "The Drinkwater Family" is nothing short of sensational. In fact, the entire article is sensational. It reminds me of Dickens.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
December 17, 2010
If some stray child showed up on my doorstep demanding to be fed, you can bet your ass I would call the police and the CPS in roughly that order.

WTH? And the fact that the girl thought she had the perfect right to steal food from her neighbors, well, that says a lot.

Maybe she should have just asked for help?
As a child I knew my neighbors well enough to do that, not that I ever had to.
December 17, 2010
I have learnt that people are like animals- unless you want them as your pet don't feed them.

We had this neighbour (who has thankfully moved out now) it started with little things, sugar and milk kind of things every couple of weeks.
That was fine.

But then it got silly. She once came round to get my bloke to squish a spider for her.
It was when she knocked on the door at 3am and then intermittently for the next hour to beg a bottle of coke to go with her vodka that I told her to fuck off, but even then she kept on pulling the "oh but I'm so helpless, I can't drive so I can't get it myself" act (we can't drive either, but we manage).

Once you've broken that barrier with scum there is no going back and I do not blame this kid's neighbour one bit.
December 17, 2010
law1204
The Drinkwaters are anything but rich if the moo stays home and raises kids on the single income of a pilot. They don't make as much as you think, unless they've been flying for 500 years.

And it takes an obscene amount of work and effort to even get to the point of becoming a lower income pilot. Let alone what it takes to get to a high level, in the event that the Drinkwaters actually were well off. But little miss entitlebrat apparently doesn't realize that, even as an adult.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login