Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

#1621 - Fundie Hell in Utah

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
#1621 - Fundie Hell in Utah
June 29, 2006
Utah is indeed one of the worst fundie hell places on the face of the earth. I have a friend who lives there (not in Kanab, but most of Utah is fundie hell).

A few years ago, when the American version of the BBC series *Coupling* was on NBC, she wanted to see it, but the local affiliates in Utah refused to air it...just too risque and not famblee-friendly and all that happy horseshit. So I taped it for her and mailed her the tapes. Yes, it was a bad show and it did deserve to be cancelled, but that is not the point. The point is that they choose to censor shit and not even allow ADULTS to see it.

She did buy the UK version on DVD from Amazon, much better show. The PBS affilate here on Boston shows it, no doubt that this is banned in Utah as well.

Also, this same friend has an assortment of medical conditions which make her unable to have children. She has accepted this, as she did want to have kids one day. Too bad for her, she would have been a great PNB. But she has moved on with her life.

But now, are they going to make her feel like shit for being a single woman with no brats, and happy that way. And if she DOES meet a guy that she can be happy with, it will be bad (according to these assholes) if she married him and never sprogs. I guess that marraige won't be valid, as sprogging is not an option. Or maybe they expect her to sprog, and die trying.

Maybe she needs to move.
Re: #1621 - Fundie Hell in Utah
June 30, 2006
i got this from a link via someone else posting the link to cfnews

so i cant claim any credit it would be unfair.

CFScorpio was the one who posted it in the board.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
June 30, 2006
I read the article. Matt Livingston, that SEVENTEEN-year-old, was insulting as he chided the woman for her column. How dare a teenager, who is not even old enough to vote or pay taxes, question a grown woman on her opinion??? Teenage boys are notorious for hassling an adult female who wants more in life than that family or marriage. At abortion clinics, it is often male teenagers protesting along with their stupid moos or their church pastors. No one, especially a stupid TEEN, has the right to tell me what to do with my life or how I should think.
DrDanCorelli
June 30, 2006
A 17 year old boy has no right to question anyone about their choices, since they, as a group, make the worst ones of all.

The teenbrat is probably a Mormon-tronics missionary model android who thinks the way of Mormon is the way of all things. Think again, young man.
June 30, 2006
The 17 year old was chiding the Mayor because of her support for the ordinance which calls for every family to have a "full quiver of children". It is a poorly written article, so I just wanted to clarify. That said, I do think everyone has the right to express their opinions, especially on bullshit like this, no matter what their age. We certianly are not required to have any regard for their opinions, but they still have the right to express them.
June 30, 2006
You are right, Feh, even the teens have a rightto their opinion. However, I have the right to tell them to keep the "eff" out of my life because their age alone does not given them any right to tell me how to live my own life. A teen has no rights in my mind except to have an education, be taken care of home, and not be abused. Telling adults how to live their lives pushes the envelope. I apologize for my harsh attitude. I get sick of these religious boys thinking they have ownership over women's lives and their bodies because their ridiculous scripture claims this to be "truth". Years ago, there was a young "preacher" in my area who was about 12 or 13 years of age. He screamed about "rebellious" women and how they were going to h-ll. I hope some woman slapped him hard across the face and knocked him twenty feet into the air. Mr. T: I pitty tha fools
June 30, 2006
Yes, you can always tell a kid to fuck off...and considering kids these days, it's probably the only way you can talk to them that they'll understand anymore. I'm not really a big fan of smacking folks around for their opinions, at least not until I can get my hands on any of the knob ends in power right now. However, I do strongly advocate for setting the entire state of Utah alight, and salting the earth so nothing shall grow there, as a simple warning to others not to shove their "family values" up everyone's asses.
BillyC
July 02, 2006
We live in an area that is becoming a sort of mini-haven for Mormons. Only they know why they would want to move to this shitburg, but maybe they see something in it I don't. Nice little town, but we're off the beaten path.

My DW says they are moving in like the vampires in "Salem's Lot". Vampires with mountain bikes, military haircuts, white shirts, ties and the Book of Mormon. What a combination. Steven King needs to write about these guys!
July 02, 2006
Mormons are pretty weird...

lab mom
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.