Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1612 Avoided the Life Script

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
1612 Avoided the Life Script
June 30, 2006
I don't get it. If breeding weren't so easy, I think there would be a lot less breeders and kids in the world.

Seems like after people get married, the first they HAVE to do is get knocked up. They don't even bother to live life with their new partner. They succumb to the pressure and try to keep up with their friends who already have BAYBEES.

And if a couple gets to a point where they are "ready for a BAYBEE" - to me, it means they are now bored with each other and instead of splitting up, they just move onto "the next phase."

In my opinion, a good marriage is not one with kids. It's the childfree couple who don't need anything additional in their lives, they have each other, their interests, pets, etc. Life's hard enough, why have a kid and totally fuck it up?

I'd love to know the "REAL" number of people who secretly stay married for the sake of the kyyds, and how many of those people with they never had kids.
I'd like to know what percentage of marriages that end in divorce were between couples who got married because of an oops or because the wife browbeat her husband into marriage. Seems like those marriages are doomed from the start and probably account for a large percentage of the number of marriages that end in divorce.
Anonymous User
Re: 1612 Avoided the Life Script
July 01, 2006
My parents *had* to get married because my mother got knocked up with me. That's what people did back in 1959 (I was born in April 1960). But now, with single moos everywhere, even celebs, what's the excuse?

Anyhoo, my father never wanted to be married, nor a father, and he blamed me and my mother for it, and abused us. Yet my mother got knocked up again, with my brother. He was treated better due to being The Almighty Boysprog.

My mother refused to leave my father, no matter how bad it got. She was a Catholic and divorce was against her religion. Hmmm, why was she not thinking about her religion before she had pre-marital sex?

But I cannot recall as much as a single moment when I saw them looking happy and in love with each other. It is sad to throw away your life like this.
July 02, 2006
Yeah...I always wondered about these "good Catholics" who will not divorce or use contraception because of their religion but had sex outside of marriage which resulted in the quickie-marriage. I am glad I avoided the life script when it comes to breeding. I wish I had done the same about marriage. If I had to do it over, I would have never married the first time or remarried.

I have a friend, who I have mentioned here, who married again to the overseas woman because he felt marriage brought him stability. Never mind that the first marriage was total HELL to a woman here in the U.S. that made his life miserable and was so cruel. The Asian wife is no better although she is a little more of a sanitized version of #1. There is no stability in his home since this woman only views him as just a man to pay the bills. If she does not get what she demands for her latest material want or vacation, she causes a lot of tension until this fellow brings out his credit card and makes the trip reservation or buys her what she wants. I don't see that as stable for him. Maybe for her...but not for him. Her latest tantrum was "accidently" breaking things.

The "life script" often ends up being a HUGE disappointment. Buying a home is not what it seems. The sheeple are lining up to buy their overpriced air-space in this area's condo boom. Like before, the sales are starting to drop since condominiums are worthless. Get married, possibly bring on those babies, buy a house...what a freaking scam! As a woman, I am more seeing the male point of view as well as my own. For a man to get married, he is often taking a heavy chance since most women will not work if they do not have to and expect that the husbands will be like their fathers who will give them everything their little hearts demand.
July 02, 2006
thats why there is an unofficial marriage strike.. most of them are not falling for the lifescript deal. more and more men are becoming, anti marriage, its sort of semi organised.. ish.. word is being passed for what most men want..

of course a few men are becoming the very thing women complain about, thinking turnabout is fair play..

which is wrong for another reason

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
sprogless
July 02, 2006
I see the backlash going both ways. A lot of women as well, are sick of being treated like playthings, maids, and "mommies" to men. I'm referring to the ones who work full- time outside the home, NOT the SAHMOOS. Men, on the other hand, have a lot of legitimate gripes, too. I can't even count the number of times I've seen decent guys oopsed, and felt they had to do the "right" thing. Then their wives sit at home on their asses for years, whining about how cheap these men are. It's like they don't get it AT ALL! They think the money for their MOOstyle falls out of the sky. Every one of these "happily married" Sahmoos have run their hubby's credit cards up to the limit, and they can't seem to appreciate that it needs to be repaid. Spend, spend, spend, moo, moo, moo. And they wonder why their husbands cheat...
July 02, 2006
America is pretty f*cked up.

lab mom
July 02, 2006
Sprogless, I used to think when I was younger that any man that cheated was automatically an S*O*B. After seeing a bit of reality, I can see why many fellows look for friendship and companionship elsewhere. Of course there are wives who have truly been wronged after being loyal spouses. Yet...there are women out there who feel that the man is only there to pay the bills and to give into their every material desire. I know from experience what it is like to work hard to pay the bills when a spouse was unable to work for a time yet not be appreciated. It is not a nice feeling...
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.